Scale detection from midi input player device

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Mar 2021

deigm wrote:
16 Mar 2021
Enlightenspeed wrote:
03 Mar 2021

This will show up as a very small part of something else reasonably soon, hopefully during Q2 :D
Melodramatik?
No no, I'm afraid not in MeloDramatik, or in the next Enlightenspeed plugin that's coming out very soon. It'll be some time around May/June/July that you will see this... I hope :D

Cheers,
Brian

pushedbutton

16 Mar 2021

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7322424
Double Rainbow Mode :D
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Mar 2021

pushedbutton wrote:
16 Mar 2021
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7322424
Double Rainbow Mode :D
Wow, that hurts my eyes!

How about double rainbow with a nice gentle sepia filter thing going on? Think of it as Double Rainbow in a jazz lounge where they still allow smoking.

deigm

30 Mar 2024

Enlightenspeed wrote:
03 Mar 2021
deigm wrote:
03 Mar 2021
Welp, I guess this thread just became a device request to any interested RE developers reading :mrgreen:
This will show up as a very small part of something else reasonably soon, hopefully during Q2 :D
Soo.. Three years later.. is scale detection in an RE a thing yet? :D

stillifegaijin

31 Mar 2024

It’s not an RE and maybe not exactly what you’re looking for but my partner and I just got Dubler2 today and it definitely does scale detection and assistance - https://vochlea.com/

It’s pretty wild and works seamlessly with Reason.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

23 Apr 2024

deigm wrote:
30 Mar 2024
Enlightenspeed wrote:
03 Mar 2021

It's on the list of things to do for Agnostik, but it's low priority.

I already have the majority of the leg work done for it, but it has to wait until other stuff is done, so I can be sure that it doesn't create a problem for other stuff.

It's almost certainly an easy task to do from my current position, so if I get the time I might just make it as a new RE that does that and only that, and stick it out for free. I can't promise anything though because of the time situation. Agnostik is already about a year late for the "big upgrade", and despite so much of it being done, I'll barely get any chance to code more of it between now and October, as my real job is insanely busy during summer. That said, the feature you are looking for is just a few hours work once the data tables are built, which they are, so I'll certainly consider sticking something out. I honestly cn't promise this will get done though.

Thanks for your patience and continuing faith in me :)
Brian

deigm

23 Apr 2024

Enlightenspeed wrote:
23 Apr 2024
deigm wrote:
30 Mar 2024

It's almost certainly an easy task to do from my current position, so if I get the time I might just make it as a new RE that does that and only that, and stick it out for free.
Please do this! :clap:
It doesn't have to be free though. I'd buy that for sure. In fact the reason I bought agnostik three years ago is because you teased this feature would be added to it :P

• Information