Algoritm is released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Rappelled Hero

Post 15 Mar 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
14 Mar 2021
Getting some weird graphical glitches in the browser, some Unknown Exception errors and some other popups and a crash, in a project containing only many instances of Algorithm.
It's Reason 10.4 and Win 10.
Haven't contacted support yet as I wanna figure out the exact circumstances when this occurs first.
Would be interested to know if this issue is replicable in Reason 11.

There seems to be some differences beyond just a few feature additions, but at an actual code architecture level, between Reason 10 and Reason 11; as 11 seems to have introduced quite a few regressive bugs that weren't in 10 (a number of which were fixed in the latest 11.3.9 update). It could be that as a result, Algoritm plays well in 11 but not in 10. Reason Studios may not even be testing their newer REs in 10 any more, even though it does technically load them OK.

aeox

Post 15 Mar 2021

Rappelled Hero wrote:
15 Mar 2021
zoidkirb wrote:
14 Mar 2021
Getting some weird graphical glitches in the browser, some Unknown Exception errors and some other popups and a crash, in a project containing only many instances of Algorithm.
It's Reason 10.4 and Win 10.
Haven't contacted support yet as I wanna figure out the exact circumstances when this occurs first.
Would be interested to know if this issue is replicable in Reason 11.

There seems to be some differences beyond just a few feature additions, but at an actual code architecture level, between Reason 10 and Reason 11; as 11 seems to have introduced quite a few regressive bugs that weren't in 10 (a number of which were fixed in the latest 11.3.9 update). It could be that as a result, Algoritm plays well in 11 but not in 10. Reason Studios may not even be testing their newer REs in 10 any more, even though it does technically load them OK.
I had the same issue as zoidkirb, but it was fixed with the latest update for me

zoidkirb

Post 15 Mar 2021

Good to hear that there's a fix for 11, as I'll probably get on R12 eventually.

It's a weird scary bug I've never seen in Reason before, where graphics disappear from the browser and sequencer, and error Windows keep popping up.
I've also noticed when I have a bunch of Algorithms open and scroll through the rack, there's a lot of re-draw happening with the modules in each instance of Algorithm.

Re8et

Post 16 Mar 2021

Jagwah wrote:
04 Mar 2021
Still loving it.

It will be the first synth I have bought in a very long time - hats off to Props. <3
Agree, it can make some weird drum sounds, long tails, really nice for techno dub... I just need to bounce it because this thing in poly and delays don't go well together !! :lol:

taipeiwalkerhk

Post 20 Mar 2021

sorry guys, maybe a little bit off-topic. How do I know the remaining days of the trial of Algo?

Noise

Post 20 Mar 2021

taipeiwalkerhk wrote:
20 Mar 2021
sorry guys, maybe a little bit off-topic. How do I know the remaining days of the trial of Algo?
@ Reasonstudios.com :
My Account > My Products > Rack Extension Tab.

mjxl

Post 28 Mar 2021

Random patch :)

Algoritm is a lot of fun to play with!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: 11Suite + :re:
Patch Randomizer: topic - https://mjxl.net/remoter/
Complex-1 Community Refill: topic - https://mjxl.net/rsn/Complex-1%20Community%20ReFill.rfl

DJMaytag

Post 31 Mar 2021

Late to the game on this (have been busy doing DAW-less music lately), but DAMN this thing sounds good! Well worth the $10/mo on rent to own!

taipeiwalkerhk

Post 01 Apr 2021

I am not too familiar with the release cycle of RS's RE products. Will there be any significant features update at least a year?
I am too worry that when buying Algo (99.99 % will buy). It will stay as is or just have some bug fixing without any feature enhancement like the main stream VSTs. Anyone can share your thoughts, please?

RoryM0

Post 01 Apr 2021

taipeiwalkerhk wrote:
01 Apr 2021
I am not too familiar with the release cycle of RS's RE products. Will there be any significant features update at least a year?
I am too worry that when buying Algo (99.99 % will buy). It will stay as is or just have some bug fixing without any feature enhancement like the main stream VSTs. Anyone can share your thoughts, please?
It's fairly rare that RS do major feature updates to their devices. Parsec might be the most glaring exception. Also bug fixes are few and far between. I'd imagine a year from now Algoritm will be exactly the same as it is now.

• Information