The last few "point" maintenance updates? Sure, these have been mostly devoid of core DAW stuff - aside from mp3 export added in 11.2.1, improved VST plugin compatibility in 11.3, and improved plugin handling in 11.3.3 - which were specifically Reason DAW proper improvements. But yeah, everything else have been glaring bug fixes (of which there seems to be a lot!) and RRP improvements. Not surprising, as RRP is new and obviously they had a lot more work to do with it.Billy+ wrote: ↑01 Mar 2021I guess that explains the direction more than RS would admit to.
The last few updates haven't addressed anything that long term users have been asking for and instead the developer have chosen to concentrate on making Reason into a cheap to operate plugin for the casual user rather than providing a viable solution to it long term user base.
The last full version update (11) actually did add some core DAW functionality improvements:
- Curve automation lines between two automation points
- Crossfade between two overlapping audio clips
- Improved zoom, including individual track height, improved Zoom to Selection (Z) and increased zoom height
- Mute MIDI notes using the Mute Tool or pressing M
- New Pencil Tool mode to draw notes at current snap value
- Absolute Snap, a new snap setting where events always snap to the grid
- Improved key visualization in Edit Mode, showing both the notes played via MIDI and the notes selected
- Shortcut for moving notes up or down an octave,
- cmd+shift+up/down (Mac) or ctrl+shift+up/down (Win)
- Draw an automation point on the existing automation line by holding Shift