Algoritm is released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
adfielding

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Now that randomise button looks the business!

What an excellent implementation :clap:
Yes! I'm an absolute sucker for variable patch randomisation to get ideas going, I was really pleased to see it here :)

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

I think that the routing module is a great implementation, much more easy on the eye than complex-1 :clap:

RoryM0

25 Feb 2021

When I'm introducing myself to a synth I always go through the pads folder to test if it's for me or not.

It's for me.

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

adfielding wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Yes! I'm an absolute sucker for variable patch randomisation to get ideas going, I was really pleased to see it here :)
The ribbon idea, such a beautiful concept! Sometimes you just want a little bit of differents..... :thumbs_up:

antic604

25 Feb 2021

Anyone know if it's internally oversampled?

Product description & user manual don't mention it, but in case of FM synthesis it would make a lot of sense, just like it made Complex-1 (or Bitwig's Grid, for that matter) sound much smoother & warmer than other native devices.

Not a problem if it isn't (most FM synth are not). Just curious.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

James if you read this I hope you give Lectic Panda a free copy so he can do his generative magic.

Faastwalker

25 Feb 2021

Noise wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Wait,did Com Truise made a demo for this ? This is crazy
Looks like it. Sounds like him as well :geek:

SoundObjects

25 Feb 2021

So much more than just a simple FM synth :clap:
I guess this must close the mouth of all the biased skeptics.
The Universe Is Vibrating

Fraxis

25 Feb 2021

This looks very comprehensive to me. Liking it a lot. My only minor niggles (so far) would be the slightly dumbed-down envelopes compared to the PX7 and Yamaha synths (so you now can't, for example, have a modulator's level INCREASE on key-off) and the ability to use an external input or sample as a modulator in the same way an SY77 or (my beloved) SY99 could. To my ears, the latter didn't really contribute a huge amount to the sounds of those synths, but the former is a shame as it will limit the ability to fully recreate some DX sounds, such as the harpsichords and organs with release clicks. But many, many positives to counter those things! Great work! Will be purchasing.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

25 Feb 2021

Fraxis wrote:
25 Feb 2021
This looks very comprehensive to me. Liking it a lot. My only minor niggles (so far) would be the slightly dumbed-down envelopes compared to the PX7 and Yamaha synths (so you now can't, for example, have a modulator's level INCREASE on key-off) and the ability to use an external input or sample as a modulator in the same way an SY77 or (my beloved) SY99 could. To my ears, the latter didn't really contribute a huge amount to the sounds of those synths, but the former is a shame as it will limit the ability to fully recreate some DX sounds, such as the harpsichords and organs with release clicks. But many, many positives to counter those things! Great work! Will be purchasing.
We thought a lot about that. In the end, we felt it more important that it was easy to use and unique as an FM synth rather than being able to accurately emulate a classic. Those envelopes, while advanced and interesting, where always a pain in the ass to understand and work with and in many of the classic sounds they didn't actually make a big difference. :)

Similarly, our key scaling is less in-depth than the DX7 for a similar reason. We made sure to add other things to make up for this though, I hope ;)

supersplaron

25 Feb 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Noise wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Wait,did Com Truise made a demo for this ? This is crazy
Looks like it. Sounds like him as well :geek:

Yes, I can confirm: this demo track is 100% made by THE Com Truise. :)

Yonatan

25 Feb 2021

I did not really expect this monster to be that compelling.
Nice work! Seems like this synth could keep you occupied through and beyond another Corona wave(table). :)

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Feb 2021

We thought a lot about that. In the end, we felt it more important that it was easy to use and unique as an FM synth rather than being able to accurately emulate a classic. Those envelopes, while advanced and interesting, where always a pain in the ass to understand and work with and in many of the classic sounds they didn't actually make a big difference. :)

Similarly, our key scaling is less in-depth than the DX7 for a similar reason. We made sure to add other things to make up for this though, I hope ;)

We don't need remakes from the past, the whole point of reason is new ways of doing stuff and I think you have nailed it. Just sort out proper vst midi routing

Fraxis

25 Feb 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Fraxis wrote:
25 Feb 2021

That seems fair enough. As you say, it only affects a few classic sound recreations. Will check out the key scaling.

pushedbutton

25 Feb 2021

This looks like a nice piece of kit. I can tell this matti has had a bit of influence on it's development. :)
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

sashdor80

25 Feb 2021

Really really nice !

@Reason Studios : Will there be a discount for owners of PX7 ?

False Mirror

25 Feb 2021

Wow, this is a beast. I think it is about time to sell my DX7 II-D.

tronam

25 Feb 2021

I fully expected a refreshing take on FM, but this is quite a bit deeper than anticipated. That smartly implemented randomization strip is very clever!
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

Aosta

25 Feb 2021

You know when I said we don't need another synth in the other thread....I take it back.

Why do I have this love hate relationship with you guys?

Tend the flame

Creativemind

25 Feb 2021

MaMue wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Great - but a bit sad that the UI goes away from the look, that reason made unique.
However, if now reasonstudios will put the same effort in fixing the sequencer, remote functions & browser in R12, too, everybody is happy :D
Yeah looks more like the players or Grain. Grains gui isn't great for me. I don't use it simply because of it's gui. Like a fisher price toy looking rather than a Lamborghini. This isn't as bad as I first initially thought though but they could've made it look like Dune 3 or Hive or something and knock your socks off graphically.

Graphics aside though, not trialled yet but sounds fantastic and looks very easy to wrap your head around. From Ryan's video, looks like a very logical (although can be complex) FM synth.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Loque

25 Feb 2021

Creativemind wrote:
25 Feb 2021
MaMue wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Great - but a bit sad that the UI goes away from the look, that reason made unique.
However, if now reasonstudios will put the same effort in fixing the sequencer, remote functions & browser in R12, too, everybody is happy :D
Yeah looks more like the players or Grain. Grains gui isn't great for me. I don't use it simply because of it's gui. Like a fisher price toy looking rather than a Lamborghini. This isn't as bad as I first initially thought though but they could've made it look like Dune 3 or Hive or something and knock your socks off graphically.

Graphics aside though, not trialled yet but sounds fantastic and looks very easy to wrap your head around. From Ryan's video, looks like a very logical (although can be complex) FM synth.
I like the design. It's simple, easy to look at, unique, everything in place, easy to understand. Nailed.
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

adfielding wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021

I am not going to get chance to trial this for a few days due to work but can anyone confirm if the randomise ribbon can be automated? Be good if so to add variation on a sound during a track.

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

Popey wrote:
25 Feb 2021
adfielding wrote:
25 Feb 2021

I am not going to get chance to trial this for a few days due to work but can anyone confirm if the randomise ribbon can be automated? Be good if so to add variation on a sound during a track.
I don't even need to read the manual to answer that question.

No that's totally not the point......

rorystorm

25 Feb 2021

my first thought watching the video was, yeah this sounds awesome but those increasing/decreasing size circles are GENIUS.

• Information