Algoritm is released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ab459

25 Feb 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Feb 2021
I only see one aspect of PX7 that might be difficult here, and that is the keyboard scaling options on the right hand side of PX7, as some bits of it are global rather than per operator... I think, anyway. Personally, there is no loss there, that was a VERY niche feature that harkened to the times when the Yamaha DX-7 first came out and there was much more need for that kind of thing.
This is already warmer.

Jagwah

25 Feb 2021

This is f*cking ridiculous, feels like that old Props innovation we all know and crave! Yay Props!

The CV and LFO input experimentation is just another massive layer, always wanted to play with this and it is just endless like I always hoped. Yay Reason CV!
antic604 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
EDIT: Ok, I'm stupid! You wanted to modulate the OP, not the FM algorithm :oops:
It's cool and the gang!
RoryM0 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
I guess freq would be the pitch of the op, tune the fine tuning, and wave would be specific to the osc & noise module.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ab459

25 Feb 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
ab459 wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Again - but synth that can a much more - should be capable to replicate these difference - no ??
I've only had it an hour, so not sure atm. Depends on how closely you want to replicate.... if you mean exactly replicate the parameters of any PX7 patch across all musical pitches and sound exactly the same in all circumstances.... then I'm going to say no, that definitely isn't possible. It's not PX7 nor is it trying to be, it's a different instrument.
Emm..no, I don't even mean playback across the entire keyboard / reaction to velocity and other things that are not directly related to synthesis. Let's keep in mind at least one note in the middle, It's enough.
And would like to be completely confident (I myself am not good at fm synthesis, so I'm actually asking)

miscend

25 Feb 2021

Noise wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Wait,did Com Truise made a demo for this ? This is crazy
Thats a nice surprise. I didn't know he was a Reason user.

antic604

25 Feb 2021

ab459 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
we can't speak that he can do much more if he can't do the same simple things as in px.
This is ridiculous.

Let's put it like this - Algoritm can't do 1-2 things that DX7 can, but can do 10-20 things that DX7 can't.

No one is claiming it's a DX7 clone/emulation.
Last edited by antic604 on 25 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

RoryM0

25 Feb 2021

ab459 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
25 Feb 2021

I've only had it an hour, so not sure atm. Depends on how closely you want to replicate.... if you mean exactly replicate the parameters of any PX7 patch across all musical pitches and sound exactly the same in all circumstances.... then I'm going to say no, that definitely isn't possible. It's not PX7 nor is it trying to be, it's a different instrument.
Emm..no, I don't even mean playback across the entire keyboard / reaction to velocity and other things that are not directly related to synthesis. Let's keep in mind at least one note in the middle, It's enough.
And would like to be completely confident (I myself am not good at fm synthesis, so I'm actually asking)
The best option would be to download the trial and spend some time trying to replicate PX7 patches to a degree that you are satisfied with.

antic604

25 Feb 2021

miscend wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Probably a Reason Rack PLUGIN "user".
Which he got for free, I assume.

Nothing wrong with that, BTW. Just let's not get ahead of ourselves :)
Music tech enthusiast.

ab459

25 Feb 2021

antic604 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
ab459 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
we can't speak that he can do much more if he can't do the same simple things as in px.
This is ridiculous.

Let's put it like this - Algoritm can't do 1-2 things that DX7 can, but can do 10-20 things that DX7 can't.

No one is claiming it's a DX7 clone/emulation.
It depends on what these two things. And I didn't talk about DX7 emulation.

supersplaron

25 Feb 2021

antic604 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
miscend wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Probably a Reason Rack PLUGIN "user".
Which he got for free, I assume.

Nothing wrong with that, BTW. Just let's not get ahead of ourselves :)
Seth has actually been a Reason user since forever. He just told me he's been revisiting the Reason files from his first album. :)

ab459

25 Feb 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
25 Feb 2021

The best option would be to download the trial and spend some time trying to replicate PX7 patches to a degree that you are satisfied with.
It is logical. When you have PX7.

antic604

25 Feb 2021

ab459 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Well, then just use PX7 or whatever other DX7 VST for that, and Algoritm for other things.

Your statement that I replied to is LOGICALLY false. You can say one synth is doing a lot more, when it does a lot more than some other synth except for 1-2 things, regardless how important those 1-2 things are for you.
Music tech enthusiast.

antic604

25 Feb 2021

supersplaron wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Seth has actually been a Reason user since forever. He just told me he's been revisiting the Reason files from his first album. :)
Nice! Then you should definitely get him on the (old) Artists Series videos or a livestream! What happened with those, BTW?
Music tech enthusiast.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2021

All these "We don't care about more synths" comments earlier. You're all a bunch of liars! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Reason Studios. I've tried Algoritm briefly and it seems like a really cool synth. Deep yet pretty simple and straight forward to use. FM4 has always been my go-to FM synth before, but maybe Algoritm will change that. :thumbs_up:

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Feb 2021
All these "We don't care about more synths" comments earlier. You're all a bunch of liars! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Reason Studios. I've tried Algoritm briefly and it seems like a really cool synth. Deep yet pretty simple and straight forward to use. FM4 has always been my go-to FM synth before, but maybe Algoritm will change that. :thumbs_up:
Well I'm enjoying the release, watching the chat but not running for the shop and nor shall I until my demands are met :lol:

Proper vst midi routing or I'm happy to keep my money, but let's not get to off topic.

ab459

25 Feb 2021

antic604 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
ab459 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Well, then just use PX7 or whatever other DX7 VST for that, and Algoritm for other things.

Your statement that I replied to is LOGICALLY false. You can say one synth is doing a lot more, when it does a lot more than some other synth except for 1-2 things, regardless how important those 1-2 things are for you.
Emmm... ok, i've finished, those who wanted - understood me (as i see it). They may not have answered directly somewhere, but the situation is more or less clear.

LongFist

25 Feb 2021

Dammit, this release made me about 15 minutes late for work - and I work from HOME! What can I say, this is an amazing piece of kit, and I was delighted to be able to start playing with it about 45 minutes before I was supposed to connect to work. Addictive. And FUN!

For those who are feeling a little disappointed that this is not a PX7 clone: give this new box a chance. If you play with Algoritm for a bit, you may find that you can totally re-create all of the noises that you really liked in the first place! And if not, then you have a new reason to sit down and play even more with Algoritm! The results of some of the most simple changes can astound you! (Well, it astounded me...)

I come from the old school, where (in the studio) everything was connected via cables, wires, spit and bubble gum. Reason was a natural extension of how I already related to the hardware, so I took to it like a kid to milk. Now, because of all of that, I'm familiar enough to be able to do additional processing (if needed) via some clever addition of external effects (KiloHearts and Kuassa rack effects, anyone?) make this module do some really incredible things! Just sayin', we're going to be buzzing about this monster for quite some time to come!

Beginning to think that the R+ was a good trial for me. I got the new kit before I woke up - and that's something. Little brother has it, too, but refused to "open it up" before going to his office - maybe he's smarter than I am. Naturally, he can't wait to get home...
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

ab459

25 Feb 2021

LongFist wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Dammit, this release made me about 15 minutes late for work - and I work from HOME! What can I say, this is an amazing piece of kit, and I was delighted to be able to start playing with it about 45 minutes before I was supposed to connect to work. Addictive. And FUN!

For those who are feeling a little disappointed that this is not a PX7 clone: give this new box a chance. If you play with Algoritm for a bit, you may find that you can totally re-create all of the noises that you really liked in the first place! And if not, then you have a new reason to sit down and play even more with Algoritm! The results of some of the most simple changes can astound you! (Well, it astounded me...)

I come from the old school, where (in the studio) everything was connected via cables, wires, spit and bubble gum. Reason was a natural extension of how I already related to the hardware, so I took to it like a kid to milk. Now, because of all of that, I'm familiar enough to be able to do additional processing (if needed) via some clever addition of external effects (KiloHearts and Kuassa rack effects, anyone?) make this module do some really incredible things! Just sayin', we're going to be buzzing about this monster for quite some time to come!

Beginning to think that the R+ was a good trial for me. I got the new kit before I woke up - and that's something. Little brother has it, too, but refused to "open it up" before going to his office - maybe he's smarter than I am. Naturally, he can't wait to get home...
Sounds optimistically. Do you not have PX7 by chance ? :D

miscend

25 Feb 2021

Creativemind

25 Feb 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
When I'm introducing myself to a synth I always go through the pads folder to test if it's for me or not.

It's for me.
Yeah, the pads are lush on this. :clap:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Mich01

25 Feb 2021

Congratulations Matthias.
This looks and sounds very good!!!!
Greetzz Michel

LongFist

25 Feb 2021

ab459 wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Sounds optimistically. Do you not have PX7 by chance ? :D
I do. I started a "Rent to Own" about two months before it disappeared. And I truly do love it (I'm a kid of the 80's). But Algoritm - Algoritm is something completely different. I don't think the two should be compared, really. Algoritm's just so easy to use! It's not PX7's fault, really: we didn't know much better back in the 1980's, and that was - for the time - the best that we could do. Lots and lots of details that most normal folks would just ignore, because they wanted a particular sound, not to launch men to the moon! (Reference: a lot of people back then compared the DX7 to NASA's Mission Control.)

But Algoritm has made a lot of that simpler. And made even more of it exciting! Inspirational, even.

I just hope people will give it chance on its own merits. It's not PX7. It's Algoritm. And it's sensational!!! Thank you for such a fun and intuitive sound-production monster!
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

miscend wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Got bored couldn't get past the plus promotion :thumbs_down:

miscend

25 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021
miscend wrote:
25 Feb 2021
I regret posting the video before watching the whole thing now.

Billy+

25 Feb 2021

miscend wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
25 Feb 2021

I regret posting the video before watching the whole thing now.
And so you should :lol:

Aosta

25 Feb 2021

challism wrote:
25 Feb 2021

Aosta wrote:
25 Feb 2021
Why do I have this love hate relationship with you guys?
Good question. Why do you?
Hmm, probably because sometimes they do wonderful things yet other times they completely miss the mark.
Tend the flame

• Information