Pattern mutator audio noise caution

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
cursors

05 Feb 2021

I think I might have found a bug in Pattern mutator, certainly an audio volume difference.
1. Get a Subtractor. Go to Pads and load up Ball and chain.zyp.
2. Go to the Players and load up Pattern mutator.
3. Turn the rack over.
4. On the Pattern mutator connect the 'Random CV1 out' to the 'Subtractor filter 1 Freq'
5. On the Pattern mutator connect the 'Random CV2 out' to the 'Subtractor filter 1 Res'
6. Turn the rack over and press play. Go to 'Step Rec' and make a couple of notes on your keyboard.
It will then make a loud distorted noise.
Obviously you can change the different modulation numbers but at the moment it defaults to 127 and if you are previewing different sounds you can have a nasty shock in your headphones.
Attachments
Ball and chain1.jpg
Ball and chain1.jpg (352.68 KiB) Viewed 549 times
Ball and chain2.jpg
Ball and chain2.jpg (212.47 KiB) Viewed 549 times

BRIGGS

05 Feb 2021

cursors wrote:
05 Feb 2021
I think I might have found a bug in Pattern mutator, certainly an audio volume difference.
3. Turn the rack over.
4. On the Pattern mutator connect the 'Random CV1 out' to the 'Subtractor filter 1 Freq'
5. On the Pattern mutator connect the 'Random CV2 out' to the 'Subtractor filter 1 Res'
6. Turn the rack over and press play. Go to 'Step Rec' and make a couple of notes on your keyboard.
Obviously you can change the different modulation numbers but at the moment it defaults to 127 and if you are previewing different sounds you can have a nasty shock in your headphones.
Try lowering the resonance of filter 2. And, use a limiter.
r11s

cursors

05 Feb 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
05 Feb 2021
cursors wrote:
05 Feb 2021
3. Turn the rack over.
Try lowering the resonance of filter 2. And, use a limiter.
I'm aware of this, I was just trying to help

MannequinRaces

05 Feb 2021

Your post is misleading saying that it is Pattern Mutator’s fault. You can cause this sort of behavior if you’re not careful what you’re doing with CV in general, lol.

cursors

05 Feb 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
05 Feb 2021
Your post is misleading saying that it is Pattern Mutator’s fault. You can cause this sort of behavior if you’re not careful what you’re doing with CV in general, lol.
Okay, I'm just saying is most of my Reason life I've been just experimenting on the back of the rack and am worried about my eardrums bursting.
Obviously I need to be more careful in the future :|

BRIGGS

05 Feb 2021

cursors wrote:
05 Feb 2021
Obviously I need to be more careful in the future :|
r11s

• Information