BigFishAudio Vintage VI refill... Thoughts?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
deigm

30 Jan 2021

Anybody have any experience with this Refill?

Looks good on paper but theres no audio samples and nothing on YouTube as far as I can tell.

What even is it? NNXT patches? Is it even playable or just a sample dump?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/product/vintage-vi/

Most importantly, how does it sound?

Cheers!

miscend

30 Jan 2021

I used to have a refill from Bigfish I think it was called Vintage Vibes. That one is now completely useless since most of the patches used the Line6 fx. It had some really nice guitar patches and the samples were well recorded through vintage gear.

deigm

31 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
30 Jan 2021
I used to have a refill from Bigfish I think it was called Vintage Vibes. That one is now completely useless since most of the patches used the Line6 fx. It had some really nice guitar patches and the samples were well recorded through vintage gear.
Thanks.

That makes me wonder about this one.. But surely they wouldn't sell it if it used discontinued REs, right?

$99 bucks is a lot to drop without really knowing what I'm buying. I guess the smart thing to do is skip it, unfortunately.

miscend

31 Jan 2021

deigm wrote:
31 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
30 Jan 2021
Thanks.

That makes me wonder about this one.. But surely they wouldn't sell it if it used discontinued REs, right?

$99 bucks is a lot to drop without really knowing what I'm buying. I guess the smart thing to do is skip it, unfortunately.
I have hunch that this is an updated version of Vintage Vibe with new patches using the Softube Amps. Although the source samples are recorded really well they're very old now 10+ years, so I would wait for a sale.

Ottostrom

31 Jan 2021

I tried to search for some info about this Refill and noted that they said it was compatible with Reason 6, while the Softube amps didn't get added until Reason 8. So I would also be pretty sceptical about this one.
I guess you could always try to email Big Fish Audio and ask them about it.

deigm

01 Feb 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
31 Jan 2021
I guess you could always try to email Big Fish Audio and ask them about it.

Good idea!

• Information