Algoritm : new FM synth from RS

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6820
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
I definitely don't think PX7 owner would be getting any discount. It's not like Parsec then Parsec 2.
^^ THIS ^^

I can see Parsec 1 owners getting an upgrade discount for Parsec 2, but Algoritm is a completely different synth compared to PX7, and is only similar in the fact that they both use FM. It's like comparing a Roland JX3P to a Jupiter 8, IMHO.
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1561
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 16 Feb 2021

fieldframe wrote:
16 Feb 2021

This definitely points to an annual upgrade cycle like Bitwig.
Yeah it doesn't, more like subscribers just get updates while they have an active subscription and perpetual license owner get updates for 12 months maximum/potentially none depending on what the tag line means in practice
ReasonStudiosMainSite wrote: Buy or Subscribe
You can either buy a perpetual license for the current version of Reason – or subscribe to Reason+ and always have access to the latest version of Reason, all our instruments and effects and Sound Packs.
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8086
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
fieldframe wrote:
16 Feb 2021

This definitely points to an annual upgrade cycle like Bitwig.
Yeah it doesn't, more like subscribers just get updates while they have an active subscription and perpetual license owner get updates for 12 months maximum/potentially none depending on what the tag line means in practice
ReasonStudiosMainSite wrote: Buy or Subscribe
You can either buy a perpetual license for the current version of Reason – or subscribe to Reason+ and always have access to the latest version of Reason, all our instruments and effects and Sound Packs.
Just search Wayback Machine. This is from 2012.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120619185 ... greements/
No warranty. The Software is being delivered to you AS IS and Propellerhead Software makes no warranty other than that the Software shall conform to the specifications in the documentation during a warranty period of twelve month from delivery. Propellerhead Software will only remedy deviations from the specification providing that the deviation substantially affects your use of the Software. Propellerhead Software may under such circumstances choose to replace your copy of the Software with a new one.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1561
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 16 Feb 2021

thats exactly why I'm not convinced that major upgrades are going to become more regular. Beside if we get an official named version 12 I'm betting version 13 doesn't happen as it's one of those numbers that people/ companies don't like.

If anything we are just going to see Reason+ As the major branding with a build 12.0.1 attached to it.
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8086
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
thats exactly why I'm not convinced that major upgrades are going to become more regular. Beside if we get an official named version 12 I'm betting version 13 doesn't happen as it's one of those numbers that people/ companies don't like.

If anything we are just going to see Reason+ As the major branding with a build 12.0.1 attached to it.
Cool. So we can be done speculating over the 12 month thing that isn't new at all? :D

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1561
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 16 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
thats exactly why I'm not convinced that major upgrades are going to become more regular. Beside if we get an official named version 12 I'm betting version 13 doesn't happen as it's one of those numbers that people/ companies don't like.

If anything we are just going to see Reason+ As the major branding with a build 12.0.1 attached to it.
Cool. So we can be done speculating over the 12 month thing that isn't new at all? :D
To be fair I was just responding to questions posted, I'm well over the speculation and waiting for official release information directly from ReasonStudios, then I will know if I'm upgrading or buying Logic ;) in fact I might just buy Logic and do something I've never done - wait an extra 8 months to buy a discount version from a 3rd party vendor :o
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 8086
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021


Cool. So we can be done speculating over the 12 month thing that isn't new at all? :D
To be fair I was just responding to questions posted, I'm well over the speculation and waiting for official release information directly from ReasonStudios, then I will know if I'm upgrading or buying Logic ;) in fact I might just buy Logic and do something I've never done - wait an extra 8 months to buy a discount version from a 3rd party vendor :o
Logic and Reason are a perfect pair. It's also fun to say, "I use Reason and Logic". You can have both. You can use the RRP in Logic. You can still use Reason DAW. It's refreshing to go back and forth between at least one other DAW.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 648
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 16 Feb 2021

As per Mattias, we can be now sure Algoritm won't be added to Reason DAW anytime soon:





Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1561
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 16 Feb 2021

Don't know why but twitter feeds never show in post when I read them so I pulled it

Mattias Häggström
@anosou
·
9m
Replying to
@antic604
and
@reasonstudios
While it’s always hard to say “never”, that’s not the intention. Part of why Suite is discontinued and R+includes everything is to clarify that add-ons are add-ons.

The old “move into Reason” move was a thing that made much more sense in the past and we learned from it.
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1561
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 16 Feb 2021

But in all fairness I didn't think including radical piano was an intention but it ended up in the DAW and like Matthias said "it's hard to say never"

However I don't think we are going to see anything extra being included in the purchased licensing model this year / major updates, it's been made very clear that if you want it all then you have to align to the subscription model.

The most interesting line was about the price which was in the previous tweet
IMG_2504.JPG
So now lets see if we get an intro price in the £60 - £70 range with standard pricing between £99 - £129.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perpetual License Crew
11.5 vst midi last chance.
:Nektar P6: : Mac Mini: :EiEPro: :Alesis M1 Mk2: :🎧KNS8400: :🎤Marantz MPM 1000:

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6820
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Intro prices have never been the norm - we've seen Propellerhead/RS launch new synths full price many times. Would be nice if the non-subscribers did get an intro price, but I wouldn't count on it.
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

ulaw
Posts: 22
Joined: 25 Jan 2021

Post 16 Feb 2021

Can I transfer my Reason+ discount offer to a Algoritm discount offer? Pretty Please?

User avatar
Typea_music
Posts: 10
Joined: 09 Oct 2020

Post 16 Feb 2021

the price will be $99
Reason 11 suite : Bitwig Studio 3 : Win 10 64bit : AMD ryzen 7 3800 X 16gb RAM

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 8634
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Typea_music wrote:
16 Feb 2021
the price will be $99
109€
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1608
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 16 Feb 2021

Typea_music wrote:
16 Feb 2021
the price will be $99
If that's what it's going to be, then I'll know for sure they have no idea what the hell they're doing.
https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music | https://soundcloud.com/hurricaneaudiolab
Mac mini | Logic Pro | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700/D2/TR-09 | microKorg I 03R/W | SL990 PRO

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1288
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 16 Feb 2021

Typea_music wrote:
16 Feb 2021
the price will be $99
Or.... wait till march madness. :crazy:
R11 Suite

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1752
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 16 Feb 2021

Yeah if upgrade prices got increased "in order to make you see value in the subscription"... Then they would definitely be shooting themselves in the foot. I would just skip a few versions instead. Since I'll never do subscription, they'd be losing business from me and instead take a longer time for them to get any money from me.

If that's knowing what you're doing, then knowing what you're doing is ridiculous.
Perpetual license holder

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6820
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Counterpoint: Reason upgrades have been the same price for well over a decade. I don't know about any of you, but I have never worked for someone for a decade and got paid the same amount. If I didn't get a raise each year, just to adjust for the cost of living - my ass was out of there and I'd find another job that paid me my worth.

Why would you expect Reason upgrades to cost the same amount forever?

People need to get paid, man. Costs go up, the cost of living goes up, inflation goes up, that gas bill in Stockholm doesn't go down each year - IT GOES UP. Again, why would anyone who lives in reality think that upgrades would cost the same amount - forever....?



giphy.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1752
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 16 Feb 2021

Not forever. But also not as a way to make your want to subscribe instead as a means to save money. That's my argument. They can increase the price 3 % each year as salaries are supposed to increase by that amount give or take. But doing a big price hike just to make you subscribe? I'll pass.

Most people don't upgrade every version anyway, that's just going to make them upgrade even less often.

Judging by how the community has seen past updates and deemed then not worth 129, chances are they will not change that mindset if the prices are increased.
Perpetual license holder

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1288
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 16 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Counterpoint: Reason upgrades have been the same price for well over a decade. I don't know about any of you, but I have never worked for someone for a decade and got paid the same amount. If I didn't get a raise each year, just to adjust for the cost of living - my ass was out of there and I'd find another job that paid me my worth.

Why would you expect Reason upgrades to cost the same amount forever?

People need to get paid, man. Costs go up, the cost of living goes up, inflation goes up, that gas bill in Stockholm doesn't go down each year - IT GOES UP. Again, why would anyone who lives in reality think that upgrades would cost the same amount - forever....?




giphy.gif
The problem is.. the money....full stop.

Government issued fiat currencies, are hot garbage.

Image
R11 Suite

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1811
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
thats exactly why I'm not convinced that major upgrades are going to become more regular. Beside if we get an official named version 12 I'm betting version 13 doesn't happen as it's one of those numbers that people/ companies don't like.
If anything we are just going to see Reason+ As the major branding with a build 12.0.1 attached to it.
I imagine we might end up with something like Adobe where the Apps are just called 'CC' (e.g. Photoshop CC) with the version number dropped (so Reason will simply be called 'Reason+'). Adobe release regular updates which are deployed via the Adobe CC App. Can see it will end up the same way with Reason and the companion App. So the version number gets dropped and we get incremental updates via Companion.

This once they make Reason subscription only. I wouldn't be surprised that if we do get a 'Reason 12' it will be the last ever Reason upgrade delivered in this way. From then on we'll be drip fed small updates, new devices, fixes and of course sound packs. The subscription model will be maintained by people wanting to continue using the platform, not necessarily because of new content being regularly released. Well, not unless you think the soundpacks are worth the subscription cost, for the most part.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 16 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1811
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

Image
Last edited by Faastwalker on 17 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1811
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Typea_music wrote:
16 Feb 2021
the price will be $99
Or.... wait till march madness. :crazy:
Will there be sales on Reason Studios devices anymore?

Wouldn't that be a little disingenuous to Reason+ subscribers?

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1288
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 16 Feb 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
16 Feb 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
16 Feb 2021


Or.... wait till march madness. :crazy:
Will there be sales on Reason Studios devices anymore?

Wouldn't that be a little disingenuous to Reason+ subscribers?
Why would they stop running deals? :?
R11 Suite

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 6820
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 16 Feb 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Not forever. But also not as a way to make your want to subscribe instead as a means to save money. That's my argument.
So you'd prefer they'd time a pay increase for their staff away from a new product launch to diversify/increase revenue? Got it.
BRIGGS wrote:
16 Feb 2021
The problem is.. the money....full stop.

Government issued fiat currencies, are hot garbage.
Curious as to what your argument is. Are you suggesting cost of living should remain the same, forever?

I feel like we may be causing this thread to meander from the topic of synthesizers, as Algoritm is the real news in this thread - so I apologize for my part. Maybe we should try to get things back on track for Algoritm in this thread and bring your issues with Reason+, subs, perpetual license upgrades/increases to the Reason+ thread? :thumbup:
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Ensoniq SQ1 Plus | Korg Minilogue XD

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: ab459, CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest