Beat Map removed from shop (has always been included with R11)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
reusenoise

28 Jan 2021

During the R+ caos,another little piece of Reason disappear from shop,Beatmap no more for sale https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/redi ... ds.BeatMap :clap:

BonsaiMacKay

28 Jan 2021

I don't like speculating but this could mean that they are going to make it a built-in device in R12 (it wouldn't be the first time they do that), or that some plugins will only be available through a Reason Pus subscription (I doubt it, but Propellerheads are capable of everything).

esselfortium

28 Jan 2021

BonsaiMacKay wrote:
28 Jan 2021
I don't like speculating but this could mean that they are going to make it a built-in device in R12 (it wouldn't be the first time they do that), or that some plugins will only be available through a Reason Pus subscription (I doubt it, but Propellerheads are capable of everything).
It's already a built-in device in Reason 11, and has been since Beat Map was launched.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

diminished
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2021

esselfortium wrote:
28 Jan 2021
BonsaiMacKay wrote:
28 Jan 2021
It's already a built-in device in Reason 11, and has been since Beat Map was launched.
yeah but that means you're no longer able to buy it as a R10 user, although it's fully compatible.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

BonsaiMacKay

28 Jan 2021

esselfortium wrote:
28 Jan 2021
BonsaiMacKay wrote:
28 Jan 2021
So I guess that settles it. I have it but I thought it was because I have Suite.

DaveyG

28 Jan 2021

The number of people using V10 who want Beatmap but have not yet bought it must be quite small.

diminished
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2021

That might be the truth, but you could also see it as a push against the modular approach in favor of getting people to subscribe/update.
Because you can't use R10 alongside Companion; only 11
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2021

Has Synchronous disappeared from the Shop the last few days or has it been gone for ages?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2021

According to the other thread, there are more and more RS Rack Extensions disappearing. Definitely not because of licensing issues in this case....
Just do the math, folks..

Remember when they said, "oh it's fine if you don't want to upgrade to 11, you can buy the REs individually if you'd like so"?

I no longer trust this management and I'm glad I made the right call in switching to Cubase & copped R11 Suite when it was on sale for 130 bucks. My REs and I are no longer imprisoned and I can only encourage everyone to approach it the same way. R12 is probably your last chance to get out.

esselfortium

28 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Has Synchronous disappeared from the Shop the last few days or has it been gone for ages?
I think it's been gone for ages, since it became a built-in device a few years ago.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2021

esselfortium wrote:
28 Jan 2021
MrFigg wrote:
28 Jan 2021
I think it's been gone for ages, since it became a built-in device a few years ago.
Yeah...that's what I was thinking but it was only yesterday I noticed the picture had gone from my account.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

28 Jan 2021

It's a bit like when all your favourite TV programs disappeared and you would wonder why?
then a few weeks later everything made sense......
some money grabbing executive decided they need a bigger share of he market, setup a plus service
an before you know it a superhero starts getting paraded around in a dress to sell you it all over again and again and again

I'm sure you're getting it ...

Loque

28 Jan 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Jan 2021
It's a bit like when all your favourite TV programs disappeared and you would wonder why?
then a few weeks later everything made sense......
some money grabbing executive decided they need a bigger share of he market, setup a plus service
an before you know it a superhero starts getting paraded around in a dress to sell you it all over again and again and again

I'm sure you're getting it ...
Here we need to pay a monthly fee, just to get HD TV...HD!!!, not 4k or 8k - HD!!! And all that, while we already pay 20 to the country and often more than 20 to a company...

HD!!!
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

28 Jan 2021

The future is bright, the future is orange
IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG (221.1 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG (215.68 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

RoryM0

29 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
28 Jan 2021
esselfortium wrote:
28 Jan 2021

Yeah...that's what I was thinking but it was only yesterday I noticed the picture had gone from my account.
Synchronous was in the shop literally a week or so ago. I searched for it specifically when PX7 disappeared. It's been removed in past couple of days it seems.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2021

All the Drum Takes refills are gone too. All 7 of them.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DecafDreams

29 Jan 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Jan 2021

IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG

Found this if you're interested in the future: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-im-j ... moted-post

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2021

DecafDreams wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Billy+ wrote:
28 Jan 2021

IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2456.JPG

Found this if you're interested in the future: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-im-j ... moted-post
I always thought it was “apples and oranges”, not “limes and oranges”.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

James is awesome! So happy he joined Reason Studios!

So are y'all not talking about Beat Map anymore?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
James is awesome! So happy he joined Reason Studios!

So are y'all not talking about Beat Map anymore?
Beat Map Beat Map Beat Map Beat Map.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

29 Jan 2021

I was trying to search for stuff in the shop last night and goddamn the search in there is just as bad as ever. searched for Complex, and it took me to the generic RE landing page—same with the other searches I did.

the quickest way to search for something in the shop is...to use f&$ing google.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

guitfnky wrote:
29 Jan 2021
I was trying to search for stuff in the shop last night and goddamn the search in there is just as bad as ever. searched for Complex, and it took me to the generic RE landing page—same with the other searches I did.

Seems to be working now. Were you using the main site's search or the shop's specific search?

guitfnky

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
guitfnky wrote:
29 Jan 2021

Seems to be working now. Were you using the main site's search or the shop's specific search?
the shop.

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

guitfnky wrote:
29 Jan 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021

the shop.
Ok gotcha. Yeah I always get annoyed when I visit the site and search for a product, but I wouldn't be in the shop first, so I wouldn't get the results I wanted or expected. That hasn't changed. But I just visited the shop and the search seems to be working. I didn't search for anything aside form Complex-1 though...

guitfnky

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
guitfnky wrote:
29 Jan 2021

the shop.
Ok gotcha. Yeah I always get annoyed when I visit the site and search for a product, but I wouldn't be in the shop first, so I wouldn't get the results I wanted or expected. That hasn't changed. But I just visited the shop and the search seems to be working. I didn't search for anything aside form Complex-1 though...
that’s sort of the point. the purpose of a search is to get you to the thing you’re looking for even if you don’t type it exactly correctly. “complex” should get you to “Complex-1” 100% of the time.

and separating the site search from the shop search was another boneheaded move, way back when, but that’s a separate issue.

• Information