POLL - Do you use the RE subscription?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Do you use the RE subscription?

Yes - Standard subscription
6%
Yes - Medium subscription
1%
Yes - Large subscription
2%
Nope, not during this last year. But I've used it in the past.
6%
Nope, never used it, not even once.
85%

Total votes: 85
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Jan 2021

Let's say during the last year, to keep things current. Have you used any of the RE subscription alternatives?

Just wondering since there's been a while since they implemented this. And the topic of subscription came up again in other threads.

RoryM0

19 Jan 2021

Voted never, not even once. Not used rent-to-own either. I like to purchase things outright whenever possible.

Mint

19 Jan 2021

Very rarely.
But comes in handy... For example; if I've used up my 30 day trial of an :re: in the past and want to give it another "trial".
Last edited by Mint on 19 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

antic604

19 Jan 2021

Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Billy+

19 Jan 2021

Would NEVER use software subscription and avoid any SOS providers don't care how good they claim to be I would walk on by every single time.

Rent to own is a great idea though :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Jan 2021

Billy wrote:
19 Jan 2021
Rent to own is a great idea though :thumbs_up:
I guess it can be a good option. The problem is you will always pay full price for everything. So it might not be the best way to shop if you want to save money.

Loque

20 Jan 2021

Wow...that is bad rate for subscriptions...
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
20 Jan 2021
Yeah I expected at least a little more than this. Of course this is only a small sample, but still...
If I remember correctly a few RE developers weren't too keen on the subscription thing either.
I guess it can still be pretty useful in certain situations.

Hopefully this will discourage RS to ever start with a subscription model for Reason upgrades :D

Loque

20 Jan 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Jan 2021
Loque wrote:
20 Jan 2021
Yeah I expected at least a little more than this. Of course this is only a small sample, but still...
If I remember correctly a few RE developers weren't too keen on the subscription thing either.

Hopefully this will discourage RS to ever start with a subscription model for Reason upgrades :D
I remember the discussions about the other devs, and I was just thinking if a different subscription would work. I mean, currently it is staggered, but maybe not in a good way for customers and devs. If i look to Plugin Alliance, they want 20 bucks or something and you can access everything. If i take the prices (cough cough...) the PA deal is a good value. Not sure what the "price" of all RE is summed up...But a 20 buck subscription to access everything is obviously a bad deal for the devs....Maybe some devs should be able to make their own packages, maybe with some additional stuff like a new refill each month or so...Just thinking out loud...

Btw, always wondered, that i never saw any of the RE devs make deals with additional content like extra sound packages and bundled deals like nearly every VST dev does. You can buy a synth for 50, a sound pack for 10 and the synth+10 packs for 100... If a dev thinks about protection, he could have different version of a synth, like "Synth Basic", "Synth+1", "Synth+10", ... Again, just thinking out loud...
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

20 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
20 Jan 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Jan 2021

I remember the discussions about the other devs, and I was just thinking if a different subscription would work. I mean, currently it is staggered, but maybe not in a good way for customers and devs. If i look to Plugin Alliance, they want 20 bucks or something and you can access everything. If i take the prices (cough cough...) the PA deal is a good value. Not sure what the "price" of all RE is summed up...But a 20 buck subscription to access everything is obviously a bad deal for the devs....Maybe some devs should be able to make their own packages, maybe with some additional stuff like a new refill each month or so...Just thinking out loud...

Btw, always wondered, that i never saw any of the RE devs make deals with additional content like extra sound packages and bundled deals like nearly every VST dev does. You can buy a synth for 50, a sound pack for 10 and the synth+10 packs for 100... If a dev thinks about protection, he could have different version of a synth, like "Synth Basic", "Synth+1", "Synth+10", ... Again, just thinking out loud...
thinking out loud or not it makes me seriously stressed - no matter what the idea if it involves subscription its a BIG FAT bad idea from my point of view.
Lets face it, it would purely be to make more money, which means less money in our pockets or less functionality, take your pick.

MusicBocs

20 Jan 2021

It's not something my employers would even entertain.
If Reason ever goes full subscription I'd have to find an alternative.

• Information