Strange Polar Behavior

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
manisnotabird

16 Jan 2021

I have both shifters turned on, and set to identical shift and fine settings. One panned hard left, one panned hard right. As expected sending a mono signal into it produces a signal with zero stereo width, since both shifters are set identically. Now, change the shift or fine control on one of them and, as expected the output signal now has significant stereo width. However, readjust the shift or fine control so they are both identical again, and the signal does not revert to having zero stereo width. Turn off shifter two and turn it back on, or switch algorithms, however, and it reverts to having zero stereo width.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2021

I’ve been finding more and more bugs with Reason and RS Studios REs these days. Sad thing is that even if they confirm them they never seem to do anything to do anything about them. Hope you get a fix but if it is a bug then the best thing to do is just accept it and move on with your life.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

manisnotabird

16 Jan 2021

I mean I could be convinced this is the authentically reproduced behavior of the original, vintage hardware pitch-shifting units being emulated.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2021

manisnotabird wrote:
16 Jan 2021
I mean I could be convinced this is the authentically reproduced behavior of the original, vintage hardware pitch-shifting units being emulated.
Hahaha...whatever gets you through man :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information