PX7 - Removed from Shop?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9048
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2021

ab459 wrote:
20 May 2021
epoch wrote:
18 May 2021


it's tough, it's gone. they won't let you buy it now. licensing.

I think it does have something unique in the sound personally. and it seems joeyluck thinks that way too....
Yes, but if read PX7 topic in these days when it was available to buy, some people had not find anything special in his sound, and had ready to sell it for symbolic price (if they could) as they said.
I think that there will always be such an addiction that the unavailable will seem unique in sound.

The same thing happened with RE, white compressor from Cackewalk, that was removed from shop. Many users also wrote about this like we write about PX7 now. Ironically I have this cackewalk RE, received by accident I do not remember how. And honestly, I don't use it, and I don't find anything special. And I think many would gladly exchange it for their px7 license. I would be glad to do it too lol.
I own RE-2A/CA-2A and other LA-2A emulations, and I like the RE-2A best.

I own PX7 and have Dexed and my favorite presets sound different and better to me on PX7. Others have said they like the sound of some presets on Dexed better. It might depend on what your fav presets are, but there are differences.

So for me, it has nothing anything to do with something unavailable, because I own it.

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1708
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 20 May 2021

While FM8 is my favorite FM synth, I like having a native rack device that loads DX7 patches. I've never paid attention to the sonic differences between PX7 and Dexed, and that's because I didn't notice any. If there ever comes a time where we are allowed to sell REs, PX7 is probably the only one I would not sell. Algoritm, on the other hand, can be had for a decent price.

Don't underestimate those "cheesy" DX7 patches. They come alive with some chorus, and you get some pretty sweet sonic soundscapes when you layer them. PX7 is my favorite Propellerhead synth without question.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Reason 12

ab459
Posts: 292
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2021
So for me, it has nothing anything to do with something unavailable, because I own it.
Well, ok, let's say - not available to others. This does not change the meaning of my "thesis". (Rather, on the contrary, it strengthens lol)

ab459
Posts: 292
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 May 2021

hurricane wrote:
20 May 2021
While FM8 is my favorite FM synth, I like having a native rack device that loads DX7 patches. I've never paid attention to the sonic differences between PX7 and Dexed, and that's because I didn't notice any. If there ever comes a time where we are allowed to sell REs, PX7 is probably the only one I would not sell. Algoritm, on the other hand, can be had for a decent price.

Don't underestimate those "cheesy" DX7 patches. They come alive with some chorus, and you get some pretty sweet sonic soundscapes when you layer them. PX7 is my favorite Propellerhead synth without question.
Hm, it's funny, but exactly FM8 seems to me the weakest in fm character among similar emulations. It has an great base of built-in effects, and an excellent unison system though, that as it seems to me forms its interesting sound.
The mentioned Dexed really seems to me even more interesting (alive\complex) in FM character than NI.

Arturia's option is also interesting (in different aspects), but the cpu usage is big sad. The most cpu eating fm ever.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9048
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2021

ab459 wrote:
20 May 2021
joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2021
So for me, it has nothing anything to do with something unavailable, because I own it.
Well, ok, let's say - not available to others. This does not change the meaning of my "thesis". (Rather, on the contrary, it strengthens lol)
Did I really say, "has nothing anything to do with..."? 😂

Aside from preferring the sound of some DX presets on PX7, many of my other favorite sounds are ReFills by Navi and Nucleus Soundlab. And until there is a converter from PX7 to Dexed, or if those designers redo them by hand using Dexed, those cannot be had using Dexed... So there's that too. I have access to them, but I can no longer recommend them to non-PX7 users.

ab459
Posts: 292
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2021
ab459 wrote:
20 May 2021

Well, ok, let's say - not available to others. This does not change the meaning of my "thesis". (Rather, on the contrary, it strengthens lol)
Did I really say, "has nothing anything to do with..."? 😂

Aside from preferring the sound of some DX presets on PX7, many of my other favorite sounds are ReFills by Navi and Nucleus Soundlab. And until there is a converter from PX7 to Dexed, or if those designers redo them by hand using Dexed, those cannot be had using Dexed... So there's that too. I have access to them, but I can no longer recommend them to non-PX7 users.
Well, ok.
Did you not tried to compare your favs px7 sounds at Arturia btw ?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9048
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 May 2021

ab459 wrote:
20 May 2021
joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2021


Did I really say, "has nothing anything to do with..."? 😂

Aside from preferring the sound of some DX presets on PX7, many of my other favorite sounds are ReFills by Navi and Nucleus Soundlab. And until there is a converter from PX7 to Dexed, or if those designers redo them by hand using Dexed, those cannot be had using Dexed... So there's that too. I have access to them, but I can no longer recommend them to non-PX7 users.
Well, ok.
Did you not tried to compare your favs px7 sounds at Arturia btw ?
No I haven't. PX7 and Dexed are the only ones I have.

User avatar
NoisiaTHX
Posts: 19
Joined: 23 Aug 2018

Post 27 Aug 2021

The fact that the PX7 was removed from the shop is actually not that bad. It's just a shame for everyone who still wanted him. Some information beforehand would have been nice. Many did not buy because it was always suspected that the PX7 would be in the next (suite) update.

It's just really stupid that he disappeared without notice while the A-List devices were in a farewell sale at the same time. With the information that they will then disappear from the shop. Such a sale should also have been possible for the PX7.

User avatar
huggermugger
Posts: 126
Joined: 16 Jul 2021

Post 27 Aug 2021

It was removed a long time ago.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1999
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

Never bought it. But, of course. Now it's gone I wish I had. I was intrigued by the idea of loading packs of old DX7 patches. Would have been good. Shame it's gone.


User avatar
deigm
Posts: 87
Joined: 10 Oct 2018
Location: Australia

Post 28 Aug 2021

From the way people talk about the RE-2A around here, I wish that was still available.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2783
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2021
there is a converter from PX7 to Dexed
got a link for this?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9048
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

moneykube wrote:
28 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
20 May 2021
there is a converter from PX7 to Dexed
got a link for this?
You misquoted me lol and I'm guessing you didn't read the whole comment? 🙂 I said "until there is..." as there currently is no conversion from PX7, only DX7 to PX7.

User avatar
SebAudio
Posts: 224
Joined: 08 Mar 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

The Remote and automation features of PX7 are so bad you’d think it was a RS RE !
Arturia DX7V is a great replacement about the same price with sale
Seb Audio ( :reason: 11 waiting for HD v12 / Ableton Live 10 + RRP 11-PX7)
https://maretranquillitatis.bandcamp.com/
https://ljseb.bandcamp.com/

User avatar
nooomy
Posts: 506
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

NoisiaTHX wrote:
27 Aug 2021
The fact that the PX7 was removed from the shop is actually not that bad. It's just a shame for everyone who still wanted him. Some information beforehand would have been nice. Many did not buy because it was always suspected that the PX7 would be in the next (suite) update.

It's just really stupid that he disappeared without notice while the A-List devices were in a farewell sale at the same time. With the information that they will then disappear from the shop. Such a sale should also have been possible for the PX7.
Yepp that’s pretty cool about it. There are probably 1000+ free patches here. https://homepages.abdn.ac.uk/d.j.benson ... l/dx7.html

Most of them are pretty bad but if you ever want that super digital 80s sound px7 is the way to go. Weird that they removed it.
Maybe they got problems with Yamaha because it was to similar to dx7?

I also use it for fm plucked house bases sounds good!

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2912
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
28 Aug 2021
moneykube wrote:
28 Aug 2021

got a link for this?
You misquoted me lol and I'm guessing you didn't read the whole comment? 🙂 I said "until there is..." as there currently is no conversion from PX7, only DX7 to PX7.
So no link?
ha ha ha ha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9048
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

challism wrote:
28 Aug 2021
joeyluck wrote:
28 Aug 2021


You misquoted me lol and I'm guessing you didn't read the whole comment? 🙂 I said "until there is..." as there currently is no conversion from PX7, only DX7 to PX7.
So no link?
ha ha ha ha
Whoa! Actually... I did some searching and while Reason Studios didn't make one, someone else did! HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS??? I didn't even know this was possible :clap: www.px7convert.com

User avatar
StephenHutchinson
Posts: 123
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 28 Aug 2021

I just had a listen to some of the sounds and songs from the Reason Studios PX7 Synth and wow.. blown away.

https://soundcloud.com/reasonstudios/se ... emo-sounds

So sorry it's now gone. I would buy this, or something very much akin to it. I have Dexed, and it's pretty good for what it does but wow, just blown away by the PX7. Truly a shame.
:reason: Reason+ - (Reason user since v.1.0)
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9048
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
28 Aug 2021
I just had a listen to some of the sounds and songs from the Reason Studios PX7 Synth and wow.. blown away.

https://soundcloud.com/reasonstudios/se ... emo-sounds

So sorry it's now gone. I would buy this, or something very much akin to it. I have Dexed, and it's pretty good for what it does but wow, just blown away by the PX7. Truly a shame.
Oh yeah, it's fantastic! And then there's ReFills , like these (I have them both).





I would always recommend those. But now, there's no way for new customers to use them. There is no conversion from PX7 :(

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2912
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

I would love to get all the Navi Retlav refill collection. Brilliant stuff!

Yeah, I am a fan of PX7. I love it and am so glad I got it when I did. Granted it can sound a bit stale, since it doesn't have any onboard FX, but it really sounds great if you throw on some FX afterword.

For those who don't have it... there are a few other FM synth RE options in the hidden shop (we should start calling it shop.onion), but none that are meant to be close recreations of the DX7/100.

Algoritm
FM4
ES400
RYM2612
Zero
WTFM
WaveMaster
SineSynth
Sorry if I've forgotten some
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1999
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

I’ve completed skipped over (somewhere) why PX7 was removed. Do we know why it was suddenly pulled?

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9048
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 28 Aug 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
28 Aug 2021
I’ve completed skipped over (somewhere) why PX7 was removed. Do we know why it was suddenly pulled?
viewtopic.php?p=565629#p565629

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1999
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Aug 2021

joeyluck wrote:
28 Aug 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
28 Aug 2021
I’ve completed skipped over (somewhere) why PX7 was removed. Do we know why it was suddenly pulled?
viewtopic.php?p=565629#p565629
Ah, yes. I remember reading that now. Still a real shame that RS couldn't come to some arrangement in regards to the licensing of (in this instance) PX7. As I said I never had it myself. But there was a lot of love the device. I definitely regret not buying it now. Missed out there. A classic RE? Seems like it and definitely raises concern that an RS device, albeit not fully owned by RS, was pulled in this way. Moral of the story - if you like something just buy the thing. If it was made available as a separate purchase RE i.e. not part of Reason+ I'd have to pull the trigger on it now. Do we know who it was developed by? Can we petition them to launch as an RE?! :D

User avatar
NoisiaTHX
Posts: 19
Joined: 23 Aug 2018

Post 29 Aug 2021

The problem was simply that it happened several times that RE from RS were integrated into new Reason versions. For that reason I just didn't buy an RS RE standalone. Which was a good decision when the suite appeared. Unfortunately it was never known that the PX7 was a licensed product. It was never an issue.

As I said, it's not the problem that he disappeared from the shop. However, it simply disappeared without a word next to a final sale of other licensed products for which such an announcement was also possible.

If PX7 got a resurrection in the shop, I'd grab it right away.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2598
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 29 Aug 2021

Image
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Ironaak and 1 guest