A-List Guitar REs Sale (& Discontinuation)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Yonatan

17 Jan 2021

stfual wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Don't rule out the possibility of acquisition. Before a sale there is often a cleanup of business relationships especially if the sale is to a competitor of one of the companies involved. PX7, Ozone, and AList suggest there is some kind of cleanup going on.
hm...yes, something might be going on behind the scenes with all that "clean-up", not a too far off conspiracy hypothesis.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2021

Guitar version of Friktion?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

17 Jan 2021

all these rack removals concern me... I own them all... wtf is going on !
no more support for things they created and countless other developers jumping ship... ducky ! :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:
WHAT STELLAR SUPPORT.... NOT :exclamation: :exclamation:
remove forum, remove rewire, line 6 and countless others.... they don't answer relevant questions without blaming the user and now this... wow.... support has sucked for years... this is beyond the beyond.... Matthis... explain please !
seems like a blatant sham all around ... come on now... we gave you countless dollars... answer !
this seems like a blatant rip off and the last slap in the face I will tolerate... wow... so sad ! Corporate greed?
You have yet to come through with 5 percent of your promises... wtf... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
glad I bought live suite... I feel ripped off by your unethical approach to your own software. !
Last edited by moneykube on 17 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

17 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Man, Friktion has potential. I hope they improve it more.
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

17 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
17 Jan 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 Jan 2021
me too ... but with their track record... I won't hold my breath... seems reason going bye bye to me
no more soup for you reason gods! They might put these in reason 12... ha ha.ha.. what a joke... fix your damn bugs and feature requests... or do you just sell vst now... wow... make Arturia work properly with your software... catch up to the competition ... you are far from doing that ... I own 4 daws and invested heavily in reason... but all I ever get is a slap in the face.... so F^^k u RS... lies since reason 4
EXPLAIN ( oh very please with sugar on top ... explain)
Last edited by moneykube on 17 Jan 2021, edited 2 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EdwardKiy

17 Jan 2021

A shame really, after all the great work put into the device - the design and usability. Adding 3 more articulations would make it very usable, level with competition. Feels like they were almost there. Oh well, here's to hoping RS have a better idea for R12.

Tiny Montgomery

17 Jan 2021

moneykube wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Loque wrote:
17 Jan 2021

me too ... but with their track record... I won't hold my breath... seems reason going bye bye to me
no more soup for you reason gods! They might put these in reason 12... ha ha.ha.. what a joke... fix your damn bugs and feature requests... or do you just sell vst now... wow... make Arturia work properly with your software... catch up to the competition ... you are far from doing that ... I own 4 daws and invested heavily in reason... but all I ever get is a slap in the face.... so F^^k u RS
I'm biased as an owner of the keyboard and software but yeah, the Arturia thing is perplexing. Also interesting is how I ended up in Ableton yesterday to properly enjoy my Reason shop purchase lol.

DecafDreams

17 Jan 2021

stfual wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Don't rule out the possibility of acquisition. Before a sale there is often a cleanup of business relationships especially if the sale is to a competitor of one of the companies involved. PX7, Ozone, and AList suggest there is some kind of cleanup going on.
This is the most plausible explanation I've read. If it was just the A-List going alone, I would have said it was perhaps simply a contract with UJAM was running out. But the fact that PX7 and Ozone have gone at the same time definitely seems like it could be a cleanup of affairs to make the sale of the whole company and shop contractually sound...

esselfortium

17 Jan 2021

This forum is like “The sun is out today. This could only possibly mean one thing: Reason Studios is preparing to be sold off”
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2021

DecafDreams wrote:
17 Jan 2021
This is the most plausible explanation I've read. If it was just the A-List going alone, I would have said it was perhaps simply a contract with UJAM was running out. But the fact that PX7 and Ozone have gone at the same time definitely seems like it could be a cleanup of affairs to make the sale of the whole company and shop contractually sound...
I could maybe believe the licensing thing with PX7. Maybe. But Ozone I just an IZotope RE I mean why would they have to take that out? It’s not like it’s an RS copy. Same as the Korg stuff. Or actually any of the big company REs for that matter.
I’ll go for the included in either a point update or next version. I mean they held it back from Suite. They didn’t stop selling it. I think they’ve had it in their back pockets to use as a purchase incentive.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DecafDreams

17 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 Jan 2021
DecafDreams wrote:
17 Jan 2021
I could maybe believe the licensing thing with PX7. Maybe. But Ozone I just an IZotope RE I mean why would they have to take that out? It’s not like it’s an RS copy. Same as the Korg stuff. Or actually any of the big company REs for that matter.
I’ll go for the included in either a point update or next version. I mean they held it back from Suite. They didn’t stop selling it. I think they’ve had it in their back pockets to use as a purchase incentive.
Actually yeah, maybe PX7 is going to be built-in from here on in, that makes a lot of sense. Then all synth types are better covered out of the box and it would make sense given it never was a Suite inclusion...

Perhaps Ozone was a licensing thing too or is unconnected because they're still selling VSTs in the Reason shop: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... ope,%20Inc.

Maybe this cleanup to sell the company thing is all just daft speculation and there is no conspiracy to sell Reason off, or at least not just yet. However, it'll be interesting to see what the next release of Reason does look like...

esselfortium

17 Jan 2021

The Ozone RE is probably just gone from the shop because iZotope would rather sell people a current version of the VST instead of an RE port of an outdated version. It's not even a Reason Studios product, so it's probably irrelevant to the speculation here.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2021

esselfortium wrote:
17 Jan 2021
The Ozone RE is probably just gone from the shop because iZotope would rather sell people a current version of the VST instead of an RE port of an outdated version. It's not even a Reason Studios product, so it's probably irrelevant to the speculation here.
Yep. Exactly what I thought.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

worldphoenix

25 Jan 2021

What a b*mmer - I was going to buy the bundle this morning - but it discontinued at midnight.....:-(

ab459

25 Jan 2021

worldphoenix wrote:
25 Jan 2021
What a b*mmer - I was going to buy the bundle this morning - but it discontinued at midnight.....:-(
lol. It seems story repeats.
As for me, i had checked a-lists trial else week ago, frankly not impressed.
It go to heaven with peace of mind.

• Information