Polystep crashes...what to do.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1126
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 11 Jan 2021

As a heavy polystep user, I've seen it crash few times.

Here's my solution:

1. copy the patch
2. drag/replace the device
3. paste the patch.

This has worked out great, the past few times it's crashed. :puf_smile:


Alternatively, you could try to reload the project, and see if that works.
R11 Suite

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1405
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 11 Jan 2021

Can you reproduce what makes it crash?

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1126
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 12 Jan 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
11 Jan 2021
Can you reproduce what makes it crash?
I just crashed it by changing the start note.
R11 Suite

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 514
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 12 Jan 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
12 Jan 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
11 Jan 2021
Can you reproduce what makes it crash?
I just crashed it by changing the start note.
Perhaps try recording a video when this happens and send to @Buddard?
I'm sure you'll get help from him sooner than from RS :)
Music tech enthusiast. DAW, VST & hardware hoarder :D
My "music" - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
buddard
RE Developer
Posts: 898
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 12 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
12 Jan 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
12 Jan 2021


I just crashed it by changing the start note.
Perhaps try recording a video when this happens and send to @Buddard?
I'm sure you'll get help from him sooner than from RS :)
Please don't do that, since I wasn't involved in the development of PolyStep at all.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 514
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 12 Jan 2021

buddard wrote:
12 Jan 2021
antic604 wrote:
12 Jan 2021


Perhaps try recording a video when this happens and send to @Buddard?
I'm sure you'll get help from him sooner than from RS :)
Please don't do that, since I wasn't involved in the development of PolyStep at all.
Ah, sorry - I got confused with Pattern Mutator! My bad :oops:
Music tech enthusiast. DAW, VST & hardware hoarder :D
My "music" - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

DecafDreams
Posts: 59
Joined: 07 Oct 2020

Post 12 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
12 Jan 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
12 Jan 2021


I just crashed it by changing the start note.
Perhaps try recording a video when this happens and send to @Buddard?
I'm sure you'll get help from him sooner than from RS :)
It's memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5307 Lectric Panda that developed PolyStep with Props not Robotic Bean!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: bxbrkrz, CommonCrawl [Bot], rgdaniel, TritoneAddiction and 5 guests