X-impact Synthesizer in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 401
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 17 Dec 2020

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/ximpact/
XIMPACT_oJg7Rn9.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg
back_panel_YOXp5Vv.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg
X-Impact Synthesizer – an instrument inspired by one of the most popular analog synthesizers of all times. Developed by the known trance producer Adrian Wójcik aka. A.R.D.I. from Poland. X-IMPACT is based on 3 oscillators to allow you to create interesting sounds at a global level in a fast and easy way. Available as Rack Extension format. X-Impact is a sonic playground that alludes to classic analog synthesizers - where synthesis is not only the end result, but also a journey of discovery and experimentation. X-Impact is capable of producing highly complex sounds and modulations, its design is easy enough that amateur music producers can easily discover and experience the joy and magic of X-Impact synthesis.

A new dev, Synth Seduction, congrats on the release!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: 11 on Win10

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 210
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 17 Dec 2020

It's sound great, but my OCD is kicking in regarding the FX section, the elements are not centered, knobs in this section are almost touching the white borders. The volume button, really needs another border ? Anyway, this is user input :D. Congrats on the release and future updates!

ps: move the logo near the volume, pitch and bend to the top corner, and make the FX one single line.
Albuns: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel

User avatar
EpiGenetik
Posts: 371
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: Glasgow, EU

Post 17 Dec 2020

What is itchBend? Someone needs to alert the dev to this if they are on his testing team. :)

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 380
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 17 Dec 2020

To be completely honest, if the devs can't put in the effort to make their device the bare minimum of presentable (which is to say not randomly offset gui elements) then I'm gonna assume that there wasn't enough of an effort put into the audio side as well.

User avatar
EpiGenetik
Posts: 371
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: Glasgow, EU

Post 17 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
To be completely honest, if the devs can't put in the effort to make their device the bare minimum of presentable (which is to say not randomly offset gui elements) then I'm gonna assume that there wasn't enough of an effort put into the audio side as well.
It actually sounds pretty decent. :D

It's a simple design certainly, but it does it pretty well.

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 380
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 17 Dec 2020

EpiGenetik wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
To be completely honest, if the devs can't put in the effort to make their device the bare minimum of presentable (which is to say not randomly offset gui elements) then I'm gonna assume that there wasn't enough of an effort put into the audio side as well.
It actually sounds pretty decent. :D

It's a simple design certainly, but it does it pretty well.
Oh don't get me wrong, a RE doesn't have to be flashy or complex for me to be intrigued by it!
But with the offset alignments, offset text, random switch between cramped and dead space, it just gets too much for me :?

I get even more frustrated with the lack of consistency when it comes to GUI. For example: Above each section there is white text to explain what that particular section does right?
Except "FILTER ENV" doesn't explain what that section does... it only explains what the top row controls and then they use bold black text (which is only used there) to explain the other rows. And the last section for the OSCs doesn't even get a text cause I guess they ran out of space when they put that big volume control knob with its own boarder there?

User avatar
Billy
Posts: 790
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 17 Dec 2020

EpiGenetik wrote:
17 Dec 2020
What is itchBend?
That's that move you do when you can't quite reach
:ignition: :reason: :refill: :re: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :nektar: :mac: :EiEPro: :Alesis Mk2:
Follow Me @ https://twitch.tv/buskinbills

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 672
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 17 Dec 2020

Seems like a lot of wasted space on this RE. I'd rather it be a bit better laid out and less blank space.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2752
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 17 Dec 2020

So besides just looking at the GUI. Has anyone tried it yet? Any comments on the instrument itself?
I've already committed to working with several other synths at the moment, so it's a bad time to use up my trial.

I found it a little hard to judge from the video. They were all combinator patches with additional effects. Some were run through Scream4, which changes the sound quite a bit. Would be nice to hear some raw sounds from the synth too.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 17 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

visheshl
Posts: 403
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 17 Dec 2020

well once i made a vst synth by somehow learning from here n there, nobody really teaches these things...you won't find tutorials for vst or rack extension programing...so yea very proud that you somehow managed to make this plugin...just like me....so pat yourself on the back...you somehow did it.

User avatar
fieldframe
Posts: 864
Joined: 19 Apr 2016

Post 17 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
I get even more frustrated with the lack of consistency when it comes to GUI. For example: Above each section there is white text to explain what that particular section does right?
Except "FILTER ENV" doesn't explain what that section does... it only explains what the top row controls and then they use bold black text (which is only used there) to explain the other rows. And the last section for the OSCs doesn't even get a text cause I guess they ran out of space when they put that big volume control knob with its own boarder there?
That "filter env" section is the worst. They set up a design system and then break it for no reason other than that they apparently didn't understand the system they were building in the first place.
The Iron Law of Reason forums: All topics eventually turn into feature request threads; the only difference is how many posts it takes.

Looking for UI design? DM me for a portfolio.

visheshl
Posts: 403
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 17 Dec 2020

hey don't worry about the criticisms here, your next RE will be much better...keep at it...keep going, but don't release your products until you really have something solid, or at least don't charge for it until you've made something which is good

User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 380
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 17 Dec 2020

Okay I just have to share this cause I find it hilarious :lol:

So I went to this guys website, which looks pretty weird but thats not the point of this post.
If you scroll down you can find testimonials about this synth which says "After using and thorough testing of 2 days, all I can say is, this plugin is simply awesome, and above standards of other free Page Builders. Try it and you’ll love it!”
Now you might be confused why it specifically says Page Builders. Well I tried to google that exact quote and found the same people he used on his website but they're talking about a web designer plugin :oops:

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 8268
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 17 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Okay I just have to share this cause I find it hilarious :lol:

So I went to this guys website, which looks pretty weird but thats not the point of this post.
If you scroll down you can find testimonials about this synth which says "After using and thorough testing of 2 days, all I can say is, this plugin is simply awesome, and above standards of other free Page Builders. Try it and you’ll love it!”
Now you might be confused why it specifically says Page Builders. Well I tried to google that exact quote and found the same people he used on his website but they're talking about a web designer plugin :oops:
Probably a web template...weird...
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2033
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 17 Dec 2020

Sounds good when packed in a Combinator. More videos with the synth playing solo? Also the way the video demo ends is as polished as the UI.

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1745
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 17 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Now you might be confused why it specifically says Page Builders. Well I tried to google that exact quote and found the same people he used on his website but they're talking about a web designer plugin :oops:
Oops!! :oops: Well, at least that explains how they missed the 'itch' :D

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 401
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 17 Dec 2020

I spent some time with it, going through the patches but not all the combos. It sounds good, but the volume for each patch is all over the place and it feels a bit rushed. That said, I think they succeeded in making an easy to use synth that can make cool trancy sounds. An update could make this a great page builder.
:reason: 11 on Win10

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 514
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 18 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote:
17 Dec 2020
hey don't worry about the criticisms here, your next RE will be much better...keep at it...keep going, but don't release your products until you really have something solid, or at least don't charge for it until you've made something which is good
Err?
Why can't they improve it right now?
Is a RE somehow blocked for editing once submitted by the developer? ;)
Music tech enthusiast. DAW, VST & hardware hoarder :D
My "music" - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2752
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 18 Dec 2020

Besides some inconsistencies I think the overall GUI looks pretty decent. I actually like that there's some extra space instead of having it all crammed into a small space. Personally I'll take these random GUI inconsistencies over a crammed clutterfest anyday, no matter how consistent it may be.
Of course if the developer made some GUI tweaks here and there it would be even better.

User avatar
Karim
Posts: 891
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Italy

Post 18 Dec 2020

I just tested this synth and was impressed with the cleanliness of the sounds and waveforms.
It sounds fatty, dense in the leads as well as the basses.
I thought I would no longer be surprised after the crowd of VST
but apparently who programmed this beast
holds the so-called balls. I am considering the purchase despite my pocket holes
:D

Congrats! Is very effective good plugin!


quote=Adabler post_id=530958 time=1608204860 user_id=11777]
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/ximpact/

XIMPACT_oJg7Rn9.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg

back_panel_YOXp5Vv.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg

X-Impact Synthesizer – an instrument inspired by one of the most popular analog synthesizers of all times. Developed by the known trance producer Adrian Wójcik aka. A.R.D.I. from Poland. X-IMPACT is based on 3 oscillators to allow you to create interesting sounds at a global level in a fast and easy way. Available as Rack Extension format. X-Impact is a sonic playground that alludes to classic analog synthesizers - where synthesis is not only the end result, but also a journey of discovery and experimentation. X-Impact is capable of producing highly complex sounds and modulations, its design is easy enough that amateur music producers can easily discover and experience the joy and magic of X-Impact synthesis.

A new dev, Synth Seduction, congrats on the release!
[/quote]
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: Vers 11.3  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.facebook.com/karimlemec

User avatar
Karim
Posts: 891
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Italy

Post 18 Dec 2020

Karim wrote:
18 Dec 2020
I just tested this synth and was impressed with the cleanliness of the sounds and waveforms.
It sounds fatty, dense in the leads as well as the basses.
I thought I would no longer be surprised after the crowd of VST
but apparently who programmed this beast
holds the so-called balls. I am considering the purchase despite my pocket holes
:D

Congrats! Is very effective excellent plugin!


quote=Adabler post_id=530958 time=1608204860 user_id=11777]
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/ximpact/

XIMPACT_oJg7Rn9.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg

back_panel_YOXp5Vv.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg

X-Impact Synthesizer – an instrument inspired by one of the most popular analog synthesizers of all times. Developed by the known trance producer Adrian Wójcik aka. A.R.D.I. from Poland. X-IMPACT is based on 3 oscillators to allow you to create interesting sounds at a global level in a fast and easy way. Available as Rack Extension format. X-Impact is a sonic playground that alludes to classic analog synthesizers - where synthesis is not only the end result, but also a journey of discovery and experimentation. X-Impact is capable of producing highly complex sounds and modulations, its design is easy enough that amateur music producers can easily discover and experience the joy and magic of X-Impact synthesis.

A new dev, Synth Seduction, congrats on the release!
[/quote]
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: Vers 11.3  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.facebook.com/karimlemec

ardianomusic
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Jan 2016

Post 29 Dec 2020

Good RE for Trance music B-)

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Electric-Metal, Ottostrom, retreed, Trendiction [Bot] and 3 guests