Reason Drumkits RE with Nektar T4 issue. (Confirmed)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2020

Just noticed that when I load up an instance of RDK RE in Reason 10 the pad lights on my Nektar T4 go out. They are lit with all other devices and can be used to play all other instruments. Any reason this happens with RDK and can anyone confirm? Thanks

Edit: Yep, issue confirmed. Another bug in RDK? Nektar T4 is available on their controller list in the preferences menu so you’d think it’d work right? Oh well.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2020

Just as a follow up RS said it was Nektar who write the mappings and I should contact them instead. So that’s what I’ve done. Nektar Customer Support are amazing. Just saying.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2020

Yeah. Bug. Just in case anybody wonders the same thing in the future here’s the answer from Nektar:

“ Yes, I am able to reproduce the problem. It looks like the Remote map tells the T4 that the DrumKit RE is a drum plug-in but it doesn't tell it which notes should be mapped to the pads, so the pads remain off, instead of turning yellow.

I will report this problem as a bug. In the meantime you can trigger this instrument from Internal Mode. Just press the [Internal] button. The pads will turn green, then. ”
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TChandler

18 Dec 2020

Hi there,

This issue is due to a 'DRUM' tag our auto-scripting tool added. The issue has been addressed and will make it into the next update. Thanks for catching this.

If you are happy editing remote map scopes, the quick fix for users that experience this is to text search in panorama2.remotemap for this scope:

se.propellerheads.RDK

Then delete the "DRUM' at the end of this line:

Map. Device Name. "_RDK". DRUM

Or you can wait for the next update ;-)

Best Regards,

TIm

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2020

TChandler wrote:
18 Dec 2020
Hi there,

This issue is due to a 'DRUM' tag our auto-scripting tool added. The issue has been addressed and will make it into the next update. Thanks for catching this.

If you are happy editing remote map scopes, the quick fix for users that experience this is to text search in panorama2.remotemap for this scope:

se.propellerheads.RDK

Then delete the "DRUM' at the end of this line:

Map. Device Name. "_RDK". DRUM

Or you can wait for the next update ;-)

Best Regards,

TIm
Thanks Tim. As I said above Nektar support is most probably the best I have experience of. Great :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information