Great RE's on sale! Some recommendations

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Tiny Montgomery

25 Nov 2020

adfielding wrote:
25 Nov 2020
Nostromo & The Legend are both great picks, though if I were going to pick up The Legend I'd also recommend checking out the Synapse RE bundle because it's all just marvellous. I'm an absolute sucker for patch randomisers for getting ideas started, and Nostromo's frequently produces very useable results which are then easily tweaked. As mentioned - yep, it's loads of fun, and it's $29.
Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to pick that up since watching your streams (thank you by the way, I love them). The EVE MP5 is also 20 quid right now also! Shall I?

Part of me thinks I just want them because I enjoy your streams though, not sure I 'need' any of it lol.

adfielding

25 Nov 2020

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
25 Nov 2020
Part of me thinks I just want them because I enjoy your streams though, not sure I 'need' any of it lol.
Haha, thanks! I really, really like the EVE-MP5 - I actually bought it years and years ago, but it's only in the past year or so that I've really started using it heavily. It's my go-to for dialling in quick EQ adjustments.

Remember - even though the sales period might be short, if you're in any doubt then give it a try first :)

Tiny Montgomery

25 Nov 2020

adfielding wrote:
25 Nov 2020
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
25 Nov 2020
Haha, thanks! I really, really like the EVE-MP5 - I actually bought it years and years ago, but it's only in the past year or so that I've really started using it heavily. It's my go-to for dialling in quick EQ adjustments.

Remember - even though the sales period might be short, if you're in any doubt then give it a try first :)
Cheers Adam, yes the Synapse Bundle is just a very tidy deal. Perfect for a new user of Reason who has no other stuff and wants some quality sounds and effects. Maybe slight overkill for me rn (spent loads this year and pre-ordered Live upgrade).

Think I will get EVE MP5 though and try your drums channel set up, price of 3 drinks in London.

Keep the streams coming Adam, might even join twitch to watch them live!

strangers
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2020

Auryn wrote:
24 Nov 2020
Do any of you also own Soundtoys Echoboy? How does the ekss tape delay compare?

@strangers : I thought the Echoboy was a revelation compared to other delays, it gives a far more convincing echo and illusion of space. I'd recommend trying that before other delays, however discounted 😉
I misread your post and thought you said Echobode instead of Echoboy. I downloaded that to demo along with the REs everyone else recommended. Between all of the delays, I ended up really liking Echobode compared to the rest even though it doesn't have a reverse move.

Auryn

29 Nov 2020

strangers wrote:
29 Nov 2020
Auryn wrote:
24 Nov 2020
Do any of you also own Soundtoys Echoboy? How does the ekss tape delay compare?

@strangers : I thought the Echoboy was a revelation compared to other delays, it gives a far more convincing echo and illusion of space. I'd recommend trying that before other delays, however discounted 😉
I misread your post and thought you said Echobode instead of Echoboy. I downloaded that to demo along with the REs everyone else recommended. Between all of the delays, I ended up really liking Echobode compared to the rest even though it doesn't have a reverse move.
Echobode (specifically the dream delay patch which is awesome) was my go-to delay before I had Echoboy. It's certainly capable of producing realistic echos, though if you're gonna use it as a send I'd recommend placing some kind of highpass filter after it to not muddy up the low end.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

• Information