Terminal Master Effect - opinions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Rising Night Wave

05 Nov 2020

Hi.

ATM the Terminal Master Effect is on sale.
From 149.00€ lovered to 43.00€. Pretty cool. And generous.

I am interested in this RE to buy it.
But before that i would kindly ask you, people here at Reason Talk forum:
1) is this RE really that good as they are advertising it in their video (look at link)
2) is this RE better or same as good or worser that this bundle: Mix & Mastering Rig 4 - ATM at original price 299.00€

Is it worth buying Terminal Master Effect RE or should I wait for any possible discount on Mix & Mastering Rig 4 bundle?
Which purchase is better? - not talking in money value but in sound value.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

PhutureD

06 Nov 2020

The effects are very good IMO. I wouln't use it as my mastering tool , and mainly interested in the MB distortion and the saturation mudules. For me its a good all in one effects rack with its own built in LFO for modulations. I have it installed and very happy with it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2020

I haven't tried it so I can't comment on the quality of its effects. Perhaps it's an awesome RE.
I just think the way it's put together is a bit all over the place for my personal taste. It would probably would be easier marketing wise to focus on either mastering effects or creative effects. I mean when I think mastering I don't exactly think of phasers, lfo, chorus etc.
And also whenever I reach for something, I tend to be very specific. If I want a compressor, I'll reach for a compressor. If I want a phaser, I'll reach for a phaser. The thought of opening up a huge blob with 18 different effects included just seems strange to me. Personally I'd prefer to have every effect as a seperate RE, like Kilohearts have done. But that's just me.

Would be interesting to hear from more people that own it and use it.

Loque

06 Nov 2020

Reason12, Win10

• Information