Anybody use Retouch Control's Phrase?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2020

Anybody using Phrase?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sequencer/

I just counted and I've bought 7 of Retouch Control's REs since they started appearing in the shop. I like them in principle but if I'm being perfectly honest they don't get any use at all. I tried Phrase on release and thought it was cool (I think) but for some reason I didn't buy it in the end...so maybe it wasn't so cool. Anyway, now that I've forgotten why I didn't buy it I'm thinking of buying it again, especially if it goes in a deal on BF. With that said I thought I'd write hear and ask if anybody uses it and what they think of it. Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

29 Oct 2020

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I like it. Don't use it much, to be honest, but sometimes when I do find a use for it, provides fine results. It works on the kinds of music I make at least. If you tried it and didn't buy it, there must be a reason for that.
Last edited by PhillipOrdonez on 29 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Bes
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2020

it is a feature rich arpeggiator that i like to use in combination with other players and i can get hands on having it in a dedicated combinator and assigning my midi controller to loop offset and length etc
- Certified Reason expert

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Oct 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Oct 2020
I'm sorry to tell you this, but I like it. Don't use it much, to be honest, but sometimes when I do find a use for it, provides fine results. It works on the kinds of music I make at least. If you tried it and didn't buy it, there must be a reason for that.
Hmm. Yeah. That said, I also tried Sequences and didn’t buy it...and then I did and now I am happy :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

29 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Oct 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Hmm. Yeah. That said, I also tried Sequences and didn’t buy it...and then I did and now I am happy :).
Sucks that there aren't many video reviews for rack extensions 😞

mjxl

02 Nov 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Oct 2020
We should try to summon Hydlide again lol !?
I doubt anyone would listen/watch if I tried, since I am also dutch but have way less knowledge on the whole matter XD

(in all seriousness though, that guy REALLY helped in the decisiion that i only wanted Reason)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Nov 2020

mjxl wrote:
02 Nov 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Oct 2020

I doubt anyone would listen/watch if I tried, since I am also dutch but have way less knowledge on the whole matter XD

(in all seriousness though, that guy REALLY helped in the decisiion that i only wanted Reason)
Totally agree. Hydlide was great.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

02 Nov 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Oct 2020

I plan on doing some video reviews on my channel--it was fun doing the Ghammy overview/comparison a while back. actually started recording one with the new Double Dutch RE, but couldn't get anything useful out of it. the dev posted some tips that I might try, so maybe I'll give that one another go.

what types of things do people want reviewed the most, I wonder...effects? instruments and Players? 🤔
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

02 Nov 2020

mjxl wrote:
02 Nov 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Oct 2020

He was too weird. It would be great with more mainstream type personality YouTubers that go straight to the point with a good pace that keeps you hooked. With him I often zoned out and never finished watching anything.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Nov 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 Nov 2020
mjxl wrote:
02 Nov 2020

He was too weird. It would be great with more mainstream type personality YouTubers that go straight to the point with a good pace that keeps you hooked. With him I often zoned out and never finished watching anything.
I really liked listening to him. Reminded me of a friend in Utrecht. I laughed out loud every time he said “just saying”.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information