Ekssperimental Sounds Dub Preamp and Siren in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ekss
RE Developer

03 Dec 2020

phithegoldenratio wrote:
04 Nov 2020
ekss wrote:
04 Nov 2020

Thats weird, i will look into it!
Thanks for reporting!
my pleasure. such cool dubby devices!!!

upon checking again, Line ins seem not to show that behaviour, just HM+TOP sends.

Just wanted to post an update, I think I found the bug causing this send knob error. If all works good now with the next build I'll be submitting an update soon!

ekss
RE Developer

08 Dec 2020

...and update with bug fix is up!

dusan.cani

10 Dec 2020

It sounds really good. Filters/equalizer on this device can add very nice tonal variations to the original sound. I like the UI too...

A few suggestions:

- bypass option and "reset bands" for bottom equalizer
- stereo width (when processing stereo sounds it might be creative and useful to blend between mono and stereo)
- more saturation "load" for saturation circuit to be able to engage more saturated/distorted sound.

-CV inputs for parameters OR expandable "modulation" panel with LFOs, envelopes and modulation matrix. This would allow direct modulation of parameters.

moofi

15 Nov 2021

Maaaaaaan Dub Preamp is rocking ACE :-D

I just started trialing it and played with it for a couple of hours.
I used it on the masterbus of a synthline playing along a Rex-loop to add some lowend.
The warm lowend comes in smoothly and maaaaan, especially those single band filters sound good. Crispy clean.

In addition it somehow compresses or limits the sound. Even though there is a fair amount of lowend added it could be turned around 3 dB louder before clipping compared to the dry signal, like you can hear in the linked demofile. Couldn´t notice any audible compression though. Possibly ekks could share some insights as I couldn´t find anything in that regard on the infosheet.

Demofile

First 8 bars are the dry signal.

Second 8 bars are Dub Preamp´s output at around the same perceived loudness though I wanted to keep a bit of the Filter/EQ boosting effect. During the second half of this second bar the kill switches (low + low mid) come into play, where the crispiness of the single band filters shines.

Third 8 bars are bascially the second 8 bars with mentioned 3dB boost on Dub Preamp´s Mainoutput, so the difference in loudness becomes quite prominent, especially if you compare it to the first 8 bars.

Fourth 8 bars are bascially like the third 8 bars yet here instead of the single band filter kill switches a filter sweep on the master highpass filter is apllied causing slightly louder resonances, so I had to dial it down by around 0.5 dB to stay within safe levels.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... ub_Amp.mp3

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2021

The sub bass is brilliant
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moofi

15 Nov 2021

Haven´t played that much with it so far. The spontaneous impression though is it becoming rumbly quite easily. Possibly I haven´t used it on proper material yet like in the description it says it´s "for those old roots tunes that lack bottom end".
With the linked file I prefer the single band filters + master EQ.
MrFigg wrote:
15 Nov 2021

moofi

18 Nov 2021

I finally came to feel the sub bass by putting it on a yt public piano playing sample. The first two bars of the demo file are the original yt sample. The second 2 bars are Dub Preamp including filtering/EQ without the subbass, the last 4 bars are with the sub bass active. When it kicks in It almost feels like there is a bass playing along with the piano.
Very good sounding, especially if you concider the source sound.
Sub Piano.mp3
(722.87 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
moofi wrote:
15 Nov 2021
Haven´t played that much with it so far. The spontaneous impression though is it becoming rumbly quite easily. Possibly I haven´t used it on proper material yet like in the description it says it´s "for those old roots tunes that lack bottom end".
With the linked file I prefer the single band filters + master EQ.
MrFigg wrote:
15 Nov 2021

• Information