Scenic vs. Grain ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
VariableX

23 Oct 2020

good thread, i much prefer to use REs over Vst, but i know its a personal preference thing. I'd wait for black friday and pick up the synth bundle on sale. I got the synth bundle on sale in May madness years ago, a truly awesome deal, enough stuff to keep you going forever....

chaosroyale

23 Oct 2020

I apologize to OP for being so cynical about the synth rig. As dvdrtldg pointed out, it includes things like VK-2, which is amazing, and Antidote, Zero and Nostromo, which are all easy to get "characterful" and useable sounds out of quickly. That collection could certainly be really useful and if you prefer to stay in an RE environment you would get a lot of value out of it. I'm far too cynical sometimes and let my dislike of the shovelware in the RE market cloud my judgement.

EDIT: apparently it DOESN'T have all those things, so I guess we are back to square one lol. If you really want some good RE synths, wait for a sale and grab the following: eXpanse, VK-2, Nostromo, you can probably get them all for about 150 bucks and this will give you more bang for your buck than the synth rig collection, at half the price. Oh, and you can get the VST of VK1 which is FREE.
Last edited by chaosroyale on 24 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

chaosroyale

23 Oct 2020

Agree that Grain and Europa's FX section is terrible. If only there was some way put them through better effects in the Reason Rack ;)
challism wrote:
23 Oct 2020
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet... I'm sort in a hurry and haven't read through all the posts.... but Scenic's effects are far superior to Grain's

tumar

23 Oct 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
23 Oct 2020
I apologize to OP for being so cynical about the synth rig.
No problem, as we see, OP doesn't count anymore in this thread :mrgreen:

BRIGGS

03 Nov 2020

challism wrote:
23 Oct 2020
Scenic's effects are far superior to Grain's; I love the effects section. Scenic is even great to use solely as an effects unit, just running external audio into it. I think it sounds great. A lot of people like to do a similar thing with Complex-1's audio input.
Yep, I'm doing the 30 day trial, now.

After several hours of deep diving, it seems to have better features, for ambient parts.
r11s

• Information