Synthetic Rig 4 - is it worth buying?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Rising Night Wave

20 Oct 2020

hi to all.

atm i am just thinking to spend my small money budget. i have cca. 300-€. and am thinking of this synthetic rig 4.
question is: is it worth buying? in any sense:
- are these synths and effects good?
- are these synths outdated? - since this rig 4 was released more than one year ago
- would it be better to buy mix and mastering rig 4 instead of this synthetic rig 4? - since i own reason 10. meaning somehow reason 10 has it all what you need to go with work. so far i used only reason 10's stock res/devices in all my music creation. almost only stock. i dled some free stuff on reason store. but used it only few times.
- i don't know... anything else?
- they are saying on reason store page: original price almost $2.000. this bundle is just $300. somehow awesome.
- somehow it is cool that i would get also an synthetic rig 4 refill bundle with more than 500 presets.

Synthetic Rig 4 official site
Synthetic Rig 4 in the Shop
Synthetic Rig 4 ReFill in the Shop

what do you have to say?

thanks in advance. :P
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

Depends. Which REs in the Rig do you have already?

MannequinRaces

20 Oct 2020

This Rig is fantastic... at the right price. Wait for a sale. I picked this up for $150.

Rising Night Wave

20 Oct 2020

Well atm i have only reason 10 stock REs. The ones which are included in reason 10. Plus some synths which are for free on reason shop.

Hm. How should i know when will be sale? This 50% off is amazing you got. Lol cool.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

Imo the best things in this rig is Expanse, Parsec, Nostromo, Antidote, Super Audio Cart, Viking-1.
But of course everyones needs are gonna be different. I personally prefer Expanse over Europa most of the time, at least sound/preset wise.
Parsec and Nostromo are pretty unique I think. Antidote is a good "normal" sounding synth with great effects. It's one of those synths you will have to make an effort to make it sound bad. Super Audio Cart is cool if you're into that sort of video game thing. Viking-1 has a limited sound, but it's good at what it does.

About a year or so ago I thought about getting this synth rig too. I trialed everything I didn't already own. While there were some nice REs in there, most of the best stuff I already owned. There is also some filler stuff in there that I personally would never use, the Sugar Bytes stuff especially.

But you'll still be able to do A LOT with the stuff included in R10. No "need" to buy more if you're still having fun with the stock devices.
Just try as much as possible before buying. That's my advice.

Other wise the Synapse RE Collection is a great deal.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... ollection/
Legend and Antidote are great synths. The included effects are among my favorites. You'll get GQ-7 which is a great go-to EQ.
Sometimes the Synapse deal is even cheaper than it currently is.

Rising Night Wave

20 Oct 2020

well, if i am honest: i mostly, almost every time, use presets for synths. as i said i have only reason 10 stoch REs plus some free synths i got for free from reason shop. so perhaps this would be great deal to get this synthetic rig 4 bundle with all those synths + synthetic rig 4 refill with all those presets. i mean $300 for all this is just great, at least i think so. a lof of new stuff with a lot of presets.

well... what i wanted to say is: since i use only presets (i am not skilled at all to do my own sounds from the scratch)... i personaly think this would be a great expanse to reason 10 and a great opportunity to explore new sounds. i also do some modifications of presets i use... so even more.

Rising Night Wave

20 Oct 2020

ps: should i expect a price drop for this synthetic rig 4 bundle + rig 4 refill bundle on upcoming black friday? black friday will be on 27th of November, right? i am not familiar with this black friday at all. merely just know it exist. somehow shame but okey. i liwed okey without knowing anything about black friday. :D hehe. i just checked on google when it is and short history of it. so, now i know.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
20 Oct 2020
well, if i am honest: i mostly, almost every time, use presets for synths. as i said i have only reason 10 stoch REs plus some free synths i got for free from reason shop. so perhaps this would be great deal to get this synthetic rig 4 bundle with all those synths + synthetic rig 4 refill with all those presets. i mean $300 for all this is just great, at least i think so. a lof of new stuff with a lot of presets.

well... what i wanted to say is: since i use only presets (i am not skilled at all to do my own sounds from the scratch)... i personaly think this would be a great expanse to reason 10 and a great opportunity to explore new sounds. i also do some modifications of presets i use... so even more.
Seems like you know what you want. I say go for it. :)
Plenty of stuff to enjoy in this Rig.

Rising Night Wave

20 Oct 2020

well, someho yes. - if i look from the side of all new synths with all those presets.
i someh wanted to ask (as i asked in first post) - if it is worh buying it? well, if there are any cons for this bundle. like it is outdated, or new version of rigs are comming. or anything else that is worth mentioning it.

so far only good new. :D hehe.

zoidkirb

20 Oct 2020

From Rig 3 I regularly use abl3, pump, vk1 and Euclidean.
Sometimes I get good use out of eXpanse which is great but you can get by with Europa.
Nostromo is pretty unique, great on pads especially. Spire sounds awesome but the UI sucks badly. Parsec again is fairly unique but in practice you could get by with just Europa.
It's a great value bundle but there's a fair amount of overlap.
Either wait for a sale, or consider going for Suite 11.

Rising Night Wave

20 Oct 2020

well i have plan to wait till they release v12 if possible as suite and buy an upgrade version.
about that three rigs. i am now for a long time interested in buying a synthetic and mix&mastering rig. since there is version 4 i am interested in buying version 4.
now, this month, is a great opportunity to buy it. but before that i asked here for your thoughts, oppinions, pros and cons. so far more or less only good thins were said.

but about waiting for sale: i just - few moments ago - sent a message to reason studios asking for possible price drops in time of comming black friday. i hope they will answer.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

zoidkirb, does reason studios reason 11 suite has any of these synths which are in synthetic rig4 bundle? - i am not sure if i understood you: i understood that reason 11 suite has some of theese synths which are included in rig 4 bundle.

zoidkirb

20 Oct 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
20 Oct 2020

zoidkirb, does reason studios reason 11 suite has any of these synths which are in synthetic rig4 bundle? - i am not sure if i understood you: i understood that reason 11 suite has some of theese synths which are included in rig 4 bundle.
I think suite only shares parsec with the synth rig but there's other great synths like complex-1 and scenic etc. Overall suite has a wider range of device types: synths, instruments, fx, players. But if you really just love having lots of variety in just synths, the synthetic bundle is very good.

Rising Night Wave

20 Oct 2020

Yes, yes, I understand.

Ixus

20 Oct 2020

When on sale a clear yes!
I use the synths alot, and a black friday sale could be coming, if you have the patience, imagine having 150 eur more to spend on more plugins if you end up grabbing a deal :)

Rising Night Wave

20 Oct 2020

Yes :D

stuk71

20 Oct 2020

Ixus wrote:
20 Oct 2020
When on sale a clear yes!
I use the synths alot, and a black friday sale could be coming, if you have the patience, imagine having 150 eur more to spend on more plugins if you end up grabbing a deal :)
100% agree with this

I know that feeling well... “if only I had X synth, my life would be worth living!”

On serious note, Spire has some awesome presets, as does Expanse and Antidote.

I use Pump on pretty much every production

• Information