PSYH CV Pulse

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2020

Psychedelic Haas CV Pulse Generator
is a small and simple device designed to setup a series of CV Pulse sequences. It is in sync with your song and the sequences can be setup using simple math of beats and bars. Can be chained.

i don't think this device is working as promised. for a 4 bar sequence with pulse 01 set to 1beat (pw98%) and pulse 02 set to 1 bar (pw100%) i get this result which is totally not synced to the reason transport
psyhcvpulse.JPG
psyhcvpulse.JPG (65.58 KiB) Viewed 529 times
also if pulse 01 is set to 1 beat and pw100% the gate never closes out past the set sequence length

it's possible that i'm using the device incorrectly of course but i'm not new to reason or cv and i have read the manual. i remember being excited to try Haaswerk's first RE https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-switch/ but it too was buggy but i don't recall the details now. perhaps Haaswerk is around on the forum somewhere and would care to help me out?
- Certified Reason expert

HAASWERK

18 Oct 2020

Hi Bes,

Thanks for your report, no you are not using the device wrong, the PW function messing up sync is a bug. We didnt find it on time during beta testfase, i think (am sure actually) we did not test the PW function well enough.
PW in this device is a percentage of 1 beats length, so 1 beat cycles result in neverending pulse when set to 100%. and that's also not how it's intended too. In the next update the max value for PW will also be lowered to 99% so gates always close.

Version 1.0.2 should be released whitin a few days.

Bes
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2020

okidoki ill wait for that update then :)

Bes
Competition Winner

22 Oct 2020

CVPulse1.02.JPG
CVPulse1.02.JPG (64.4 KiB) Viewed 331 times
i'm seeing the same issue with the sync after updating to 1.02

HAASWERK

24 Oct 2020

I'm sorry to hear the fix has failed, I was convinced this was an easy fix. apperantly this wasn't the case, strange because I am pretty sure I had everything synced when I tested for myself. We will look deeper into this issue. I will report back here. Thanks for your patience.

Bes
Competition Winner

24 Oct 2020

oh heck, i tested the sync again just now and it is working as intended in version 1.02
i bet what had happened was that i had updated the device via the reason authorizer but not closed and reopened the DAW window
sorry to give you false information, thanks for the the fix.

HAASWERK

24 Oct 2020

Ah that explains why I could not reproduce the sync bug in v1.02 . No problem, I am glad to hear it works now.
If you run into something else just let us know and we will check it out.

• Information