And to celebrate the release, Sequences is on sale through the end of September!
You can Buy/Try/Update Sequences here.
Here's a short introduction video to show you what this update is all about:
This feature was of course heavily inspired by a certain Swedish maker of hardware sequencers, but with some twists of our own.
Each note can have one of the following conditions that decide whether the note will play or not:
The conditions are, from left to right in the screen shot:
- None (the note always plays)
- Probability, 0-100%
- Play every A:B, the note should play on the Ath out of every B loops
- Skip every A:B, play on every loop except for Ath out of B
- Play First Time Only
- Skip First Time
- Play When Fill Is Active, where the Fill state can either be automated or CV controlled
- Skip When Fill Is Active
- With Previous Condition: In the latest previous step that contains any non-empty conditions, play if at least one of them was successful
- Not With Previous Condition: Only play if all the conditions in the previous conditioned step were unsuccessful
- With Condition In The Same Step: Play the note if any other note in the same step has a successful condition
- Not With Condition In The Same Step: Play the note only if all other conditions in the same step are unsuccessful
You can create periodic, random or controlled variations in your patterns, effectively making them longer, or more "organic".
You can make alternating melodies, or even create variations on a single note (with/without ratchets, for example).
Apart from the Condition lane, we also added a new context menu for selected notes that gives you quick access to mutes, ties, and all the functions in the Tools menu.