DLD Technology REs disappeared from the Shop (Solved: They'll be back soon.)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2020

Was browsing my REs and noticed the “no image available” beside DLD Technology. Sure enough a search showed they’re gone.
Last edited by MrFigg on 28 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

27 Aug 2020

:? Sad...always hoped to see something new from them...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
27 Aug 2020
But just to disappear?! Never seen that happen before. Refills yes but never REs...with the exception of Aeon :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

27 Aug 2020

Its not listed anymore:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brands/

Pages is still up, even without certificate:
http://www.dldtechnology.com/
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

27 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2020
Loque wrote:
27 Aug 2020
But just to disappear?! Never seen that happen before. Refills yes but never REs...with the exception of Aeon :).
Oh there have been a few, such as U-he and Cakewalk.

Megasaur is one of my favorites. Curious as to the reason why they were removed. Maybe they weren't selling well and/or just felt they couldn't provide adequate support.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2020

joeyluck wrote:
27 Aug 2020
MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2020

Oh there have been a few, such as U-he and Cakewalk.

Megasaur is one of my favorites. Curious as to the reason why they were removed. Maybe they weren't selling well and/or just felt they couldn't provide adequate support.
Ah of course...Uhbik and RE-2A. I never think of them as having disappeared because I use them a lot.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2020

That sucks. :(
Always liked Snakebite and Megasaur. Snakebite especially will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first RE I ever bought.
I'll share a track I made about 3 years ago that I dedicated completely to this little snake synth. :puf_bigsmile: It'll work as a little reminder of this dirty, screechy, distorted and fun instrument now that it's gone.

Such a great little character synth. Glad I bought it.
Thanks DLD Technology for all your work. It's been much appreciated.

Kinda feel like doing a new Snakebite song now.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 27 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

27 Aug 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
27 Aug 2020
Always liked Snakebite and Megasaur. Snakebite especially will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first RE I ever bought.
I'll share a track I made about 3 years ago that I dedicated completely to this little snake synth. :puf_bigsmile: It'll work as a little reminder of this dirty, screechy, distorted and fun instrument now that it's gone.

Kinda feel like doing a new Snakebite synth now.
been thinking of both of these but never did them yet... sigh... snooze and lose... sad
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

tumar

27 Aug 2020

I purchased Revolution. What if I upgrade or reinstall Reason? Should I worry?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2020

Wrote and asked Rich and here’s what he replied.

“Hi - Navi Retlav Studio is now looking after the DLD extensions - they are doing some company admin stuff and the extensions will be hopefully back in the shop sometime next month.”

So all good :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

27 Aug 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
27 Aug 2020

Kinda feel like doing a new Snakebite song now.
This is ace! All your tracks are so good!

They gave away their analogue sequencer RE as a lockdown freebie earlier this year. I have Magasaur, which is single-minded excellence, and their surround speaker RE which I bought for sound design lols. I'm sad to see them not in the shop.

joeyluck

27 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2020

“Hi - Navi Retlav Studio is now looking after the DLD extensions - they are doing some company admin stuff and the extensions will be hopefully back in the shop sometime next month.”

Oh cool news :thumbup:

Navi is very active in the Reason community, so it certainly sounds more promising than when Audreio took over Sononics or BandLab took over Cakewalk...

moneykube

27 Aug 2020

joeyluck wrote:
27 Aug 2020
MrFigg wrote:
27 Aug 2020

Oh cool news :thumbup:

Navi is very active in the Reason community, so it certainly sounds more promising than when Audreio took over Sononics or BandLab took over Cakewalk...
awesome news

moneykube

27 Aug 2020

tumar wrote:
27 Aug 2020
I purchased Revolution. What if I upgrade or reinstall Reason? Should I worry?
once bought... always available in account even if company folds... so no worry... perhaps no updates... but will remain for you to use

challism

28 Aug 2020

RIP DLD Technology! Thanks for Snakebite and the freebie CV-8. That is a handy, little unit. And Snakebite is an angry synth. I still love it after all these years. Distinctive, to say the least. They gave us a handful of other freebies, too, but I could never make much use of them, so they aren't in my rack right now. I know a number of users were really excited to get that old school sequencer for free. I appreciate the way DLD essentially gave away a lot of licenses prior to closing up shop. I'm sure glad I have Snakebite. Having something that is unavailable makes it that much better, for some reason.

Other REs in my rack that share this same "no image available" picture are the A-list Drummers, Cakewalk RE2A, Radical Pianos, MC-1 (More Cowbell).

U-he and Softphonics stuff should have this icon, too.

What was the name of the company whose owner/developer died and his heirs had the devices removed from the shop? I always regretted not buying that one CV utility RE he had. I want to say Black & Orange was the name of the company. Anyone remember? I always wished his heirs would have decided to just gift the REs to the community, like HAMU (RIP) did. If I were a dev, I think I would just give it all away upon my passing.

I'm going to go play with Snakebite now!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

guitfnky

28 Aug 2020

joeyluck wrote:
27 Aug 2020
certainly sounds more promising than when Audreio took over Sononics or BandLab took over Cakewalk...
what do you mean? what‘s the Bandlab/Cakewalk connection?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EdGrip

28 Aug 2020

A unique and distinctive-sounding soft synth that cannot be obtained at all unless you already own it. That's quite an interesting concept. Like collectible hardware with only a few thousand units sold. Digital art.

joeyluck

28 Aug 2020

guitfnky wrote:
28 Aug 2020
joeyluck wrote:
27 Aug 2020
certainly sounds more promising than when Audreio took over Sononics or BandLab took over Cakewalk...
Audreio had acquired Sononics four years ago. They made a VST of Revival, but nothing else happened.
http://blog.audre.io/audreio-acquires-sononics-audio/
https://audre.io/revival/

Bandlab acquired Cakewalk a couple years ago. We still don't have RE-2A back in the shop.
https://reverb.com/news/bandlab-acquire ... rom-gibson

guitfnky

28 Aug 2020

joeyluck wrote:
28 Aug 2020
guitfnky wrote:
28 Aug 2020

Audreio had acquired Sononics four years ago. They made a VST of Revival, but nothing else happened.
http://blog.audre.io/audreio-acquires-sononics-audio/
https://audre.io/revival/

Bandlab acquired Cakewalk a couple years ago. We still don't have RE-2A back in the shop.
https://reverb.com/news/bandlab-acquire ... rom-gibson
ah, gotcha. I wasn’t making the connection between the RE and the company—thought it was a comment about how Bandlab has been handling Cakewalk. thanks for the clarification. 👍🏼
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EnochLight

28 Aug 2020

challism wrote:
28 Aug 2020
What was the name of the company whose owner/developer died and his heirs had the devices removed from the shop? I always regretted not buying that one CV utility RE he had. I want to say Black & Orange was the name of the company. Anyone remember? I always wished his heirs would have decided to just gift the REs to the community, like HAMU (RIP) did. If I were a dev, I think I would just give it all away upon my passing.
Yes, it was Black and Orange. Dude died because he did wingsuit stuff recreationally and ended up, well - it wasn't pretty. I've got his AutoArp device. The GUI/UX was ahead of its time, IMHO (for a Rack Extension). He designed it with SDK 1.0, but it really was meant to be designed in SDK 3.0 or later, as it needed changeable panels, etc. Still looks awesome today:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Zac

28 Aug 2020

EnochLight wrote:
28 Aug 2020
challism wrote:
28 Aug 2020
Yes, it was Black and Orange. Dude died because he did wingsuit stuff recreationally and ended up, well - it wasn't pretty. I've got his AutoArp device. The GUI/UX was ahead of its time, IMHO (for a Rack Extension). He designed it with SDK 1.0, but it really was meant to be designed in SDK 3.0 or later, as it needed changeable panels, etc. Still looks awesome today:

Big love 😍 for auto arp here. I remember Brian trying to tease us the title and all of us missing the mark :lol:

I really like snakebite too. Whenever something needs to cut through the mix.

dvdrtldg

28 Aug 2020

challism wrote:
28 Aug 2020
Black and Orange - maker of ReVolt, which is a real gem

iirc the dev died in some sort of accident didn't he? Unlike Hamu, who knew he was going and had time to think about giving stuff away

challism

29 Aug 2020

Yeah, I forgot about AutoArp. Another one I wish I had picked up before it disappeared forever. And ReVolt is the one I regretted not buying as soon as it was gone. I forgot what was so unique about it... seems like it did something no other CV units could do. Not sure what that was, now.

So the title of the thread changed, saying the issue is solved and DLD will be back? What happened? Who solved the mystery? We have a new mystery on our hands without an explanation.

And can anybody help solve the issue of the missing Black and Orange REs? I'd sure like to see those back in the shop, too. ;)

Zac

29 Aug 2020

challism wrote:
29 Aug 2020
Yeah, I forgot about AutoArp. Another one I wish I had picked up before it disappeared forever. And ReVolt is the one I regretted not buying as soon as it was gone. I forgot what was so unique about it... seems like it did something no other CV units could do. Not sure what that was, now.

So the title of the thread changed, saying the issue is solved and DLD will be back? What happened? Who solved the mystery? We have a new mystery on our hands without an explanation.

And can anybody help solve the issue of the missing Black and Orange REs? I'd sure like to see those back in the shop, too. ;)
You won't see the Black and Orange REs again. I believe Brian's estate dissolved his RE business.

challism

29 Aug 2020

Zac wrote:
29 Aug 2020
challism wrote:
29 Aug 2020

You won't see the Black and Orange REs again. I believe Brian's estate dissolved his RE business.
I was joking. That's why I put a wink after the comment. Very dry and dumb humor, I know.

• Information