Brand new Reason Studios Instrument : Friktion Strings

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

Post 03 Sep 2020

Looks like they updated Friktion. Please tell me they added more mod matrix slots!
ha ha ha of course they didn't!
I wonder what the update is, though?
Capture.JPG
\

I actually wanted to take a screenshot of the shop page that says "free" and post that. What a mean joke that would have been! Funny, but mean.
Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reason 2.5, Windows 95, 4MB RAM, 133Mhz CPU, integrated soundblaster 14.4k dial-up modem

:rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt:
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

Post 04 Sep 2020

The release notes are on the product page. Just some minor fixes. :)

New in 1.0.2
- Fixed a bug where playing legato at max pitch could result in hanging notes
- Fixed a bug where sending negative CV to the mod wheel could cause issues
- Adjusted randomization of vibrato to be less pronounced
- Minor graphical fixes

OroborosNZ

Post 05 Sep 2020

Dang... I like this synth. I can get sooo close to a Hang/ pan drum with Friktion, using Pluck and the Metal resonator... But I don't have the modeling madskills to know if it's possible. It still sounds a little plucky rather than hit with a hand, and the ring-off isn't quite there.

Great job though, Reason!

challism

Post 13 Sep 2020

Anybody making patches (and wanting to share them) or just looking for more Friktion patches, check out the community refill project here; viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7519166
Reason 2.5, Windows 95, 4MB RAM, 133Mhz CPU, integrated soundblaster 14.4k dial-up modem

Marco Raaphorst

Post 13 Sep 2020

3 patches of mine are included with Friktion. I am building complex Combinator patches at the moment for Friktion. First example:
Marco Raaphorst

maker of fancy intervallic things
https://melodiefabriek.com

moneykube

Post 13 Sep 2020

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
13 Sep 2020
3 patches of mine are included with Friktion. I am building complex Combinator patches at the moment for Friktion. First example:
awesome
:exclamation:

Marco Raaphorst

Post 13 Sep 2020

thanks!
Marco Raaphorst

maker of fancy intervallic things
https://melodiefabriek.com

ab459

Post 13 Sep 2020

I'm sure it;s quite good thing for sound design (like fx\percussion\backgrounds etc), but speaking about naturality timbre, exactly for non percussion thing like various string stuff, there is quite feeling of lack of some energy in spectrum fill (what pretty good demonstrate in video above btw), and the parts that should make up the body are replaced by some kind of masking noise. As result, a bit weak feeling. (But not for percussion - this sound quite good).
But this opinion based on what i did see\hear, i did not tried demo yet.
As a tool for effects\percussion, I will definitely buy this sometime, but i think not for 99. But it just for my needs and based for i already have (aas\modart etc). If i would had no such kind of stuff, i perhaps would see benefit grab for current price.

Karim

Post 14 Sep 2020

Just in case someone has not yet seen (Italian language)

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: Vers 11.3  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.facebook.com/karimlemec

bxbrkrz

Post 14 Sep 2020

Reason Studios has really stepped up their game with their incredible new physically modelled instrument Friktion.
Apart from some distant Venus Oo's everything you hear is Friktion and with me it's not even in particularly good hands. Pretty amazing stuff!

Nice touch with the red "rose".

ab459

Post 14 Sep 2020

bxbrkrz wrote:
14 Sep 2020
Reason Studios has really stepped up their game with their incredible new physically modelled instrument Friktion.
Apart from some distant Venus Oo's everything you hear is Friktion and with me it's not even in particularly good hands. Pretty amazing stuff!

Hmm, not a bad though (except very start perhaps).

bxbrkrz

Post 14 Sep 2020

ab459 wrote:
14 Sep 2020
bxbrkrz wrote:
14 Sep 2020

Hmm, not a bad though (except very start perhaps).
Friktion is pretty good.

EnochLight

Post 15 Sep 2020

bxbrkrz wrote:
14 Sep 2020

Is this you? That was really fantastic work! Aside from the very beginning, if you had told me this was all real instruments, I would have 100% believed you.
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

bxbrkrz

Post 15 Sep 2020

EnochLight wrote:
15 Sep 2020
bxbrkrz wrote:
14 Sep 2020

Is this you? That was really fantastic work! Aside from the very beginning, if you had told me this was all real instruments, I would have 100% believed you.
Not me. Just sharing.
This tech is telling me the age of the multigig VST dinosaurs is near.
Orkester Sound Bank 2? Bigger, yet smaller?

challism

Post 18 Sep 2020

For those who want Friktion now, but also want a discount..... Reason Studios is giving a 15% off coupon if you go take their survey. You could use that coupon to get 15% off Friktion. I know it's not much, but it's something. viewtopic.php?f=4&p=518991#p518991

geronimo

Post 18 Sep 2020

And this coupon remains valid until September 30 inclusive .

ab459

Post 23 Sep 2020

Damn, there is infinite release ability detected :thumbs_up: dope

Social Exodus

Post 23 Sep 2020

So, it appears that my purchase of Reason 11 Suite doesn't get me this new Rack Extension.

Noted.
To Reason is Divine! :reason:11 Suite :re:(Too many to count) :refill:(A few choice items)

• Information