Simple "Player" idea... Murf, pongasoft, Turn2On, Le Note?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

24 Aug 2020

We have many options when it comes to taking notes inside Reason... JP and Selig gave us some free note REs. But these can't be placed near or between Players. It would be cool if there were a version of these note taking devices that could be stacked with the Players, so we could take Player-related notes in our songs. I'm not sure what it takes to create a Player, or I would do it myself. Does the RE just have to be categorized as a Player, or does Reason's virtual MIDI actually have to pass thru it? Seems doable, either way.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

joeyluck

24 Aug 2020

On the topic of labeler REs, I would like to see one where the label portion is either on a giant piece of tape with large text, or editable text within a large display. I believe all of the current options are just smaller text directly onto the panel.

challism

24 Aug 2020

Label is a much better word. I suppose the word "note" can cause confusion when talking about music.

It would be cool to have font size options, yes, I agree. It would be cool if it were just like a little version of notepad where you could changed the font size, position and color.

Re8et
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2020

Love one Midi-cv converter does not do exactly what you'r looking for??

challism

25 Aug 2020

Re8et wrote:
25 Aug 2020
Love one Midi-cv converter does not do exactly what you'r looking for??
I love MIDI-CV Converter and use it ALL the time, all over the place. But it doesn't solve this need. I'm basically wanting a blank Player that does nothing but allows me to type words (notes) on it.

Something like this, but in the Player category, instead of utility (that way it can be stacked between Players).
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... mmentator/

Loque

25 Aug 2020

challism wrote:
24 Aug 2020
Label is a much better word. I suppose the word "note" can cause confusion when talking about music.

It would be cool to have font size options, yes, I agree. It would be cool if it were just like a little version of notepad where you could changed the font size, position and color.
I think this is a RE restriction. Guess the only way could be a custom display, but you dont have the input control.
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

25 Aug 2020

I think Reason Studios should have a built in lyric/notepad. I did post a thread on it ages ago which I've just added to here:-

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7495715&p=515814#p515814
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information