Ekssperimental Sounds Studio - ES400

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2020

Something new in the works from Ekssperimental Sounds Studio....

MannequinRaces

11 Aug 2020

These guys seem to be on a roll lately. This demo doesn't make me very excited though.

challism

12 Aug 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
11 Aug 2020
These guys seem to be on a roll lately. This demo doesn't make me very excited though.
The demo doesn't really do justice. Wait till it's released and give it a try. I think it sounds great and it's a lot of fun to program.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

12 Aug 2020

Sounds interesting. Hopefully it can be adjusted and modulated very smooth. One of the biggest drawback of a few of the FM synths like Zero or VK2 is, that if the wind blows and the knobs slightly moves, the sound changes totally drastic and becomes quickly just noise.

Also curious if there are a few more modifiers for the curves beside harmonic multiplication/FM to itself.
Reason12, Win10

Sterioevo

12 Aug 2020

Bundle, bundle please :)

Auryn

12 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
12 Aug 2020
Sounds interesting. Hopefully it can be adjusted and modulated very smooth. One of the biggest drawback of a few of the FM synths like Zero or VK2 is, that if the wind blows and the knobs slightly moves, the sound changes totally drastic and becomes quickly just noise.

Also curious if there are a few more modifiers for the curves beside harmonic multiplication/FM to itself.
Remember with zero that if you're using an osc as modulator, you can just reduce the volume of the osc and the resulting modulation will be less extreme/sensitive
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Loque

12 Aug 2020

Auryn wrote:
12 Aug 2020
Loque wrote:
12 Aug 2020

Remember with zero that if you're using an osc as modulator, you can just reduce the volume of the osc and the resulting modulation will be less extreme/sensitive
Yea, i thought if this could work while i wrote it, so thanks for this hint. Guess the weekend is now done 😝
Reason12, Win10

MannequinRaces

12 Aug 2020

MannequinRaces wrote:
11 Aug 2020
I will definitely try it! Overall I love their REs.

miscend

13 Aug 2020

If you use Firefox it blocks in the attachment in the OP.

Ottostrom

14 Aug 2020

miscend wrote:
13 Aug 2020
Nah, I'm using Firefox and it's all there for me!

miscend

14 Aug 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
14 Aug 2020
miscend wrote:
13 Aug 2020
Ok must be the Facebook tracking blocker plugin I'm using

ekss
RE Developer

14 Aug 2020

miscend wrote:
14 Aug 2020
Ottostrom wrote:
14 Aug 2020

Ok must be the Facebook tracking blocker plugin I'm using
You can find the clip here: instagram.com/ekssperimental

Sorry - it’s not very exciting, just a teaser vid, tweaking a bass sound a bit. I’ll add more later when closer to release.
The synth is really fun to tweak, I’ve taken some inspiration from the DX100 but it’s not an emulation per se, some aspects are different like the envelopes, these are more traditional AHDSR (H=hold) which can be set from linear to more snappy exponential.

If someone is great at FM sound design and want to make patches let me know, just send me a message!

Yeah, one could say I’m on a roll lately, when covid came and workload dropped I took the time to get to know IDT and have been working on a few more things during the summer. Hope to do many more devices, it’s really fun to do both the graphics and internal workings of stuff - and I love the Rack Extension format - long live the RE community!

Edit: added all previous sneak peek clips to a “hightlight” named ES400 - some more tweaking of different styles :)

challism

17 Aug 2020

I love the RE format, too. I'm looking forward to more devices from Ekssperimental Sounds Studio. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Re8et
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2020

Edge block content as well... much interested, the ESI-1 was truly a little gem.

• Information