Aquios download quit at 4GB/4.2GB

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MFW

04 Aug 2020

Wasted 4 hours trying to download 4.2GB of soundback that comes with DNA Labs Aquios, it got to 4.0GB out of 4.2GB and then failed, saying check internet or HDD space.
Well, my internet's 52mb/s and I have 145GB free on the HDD.

I used to use Download Manager so it would pick up if a download hiccupped but can't see how to use anything like that on RS's dinosaur downloading page.

Sucks.
I expected better, but it's just PUF rebranded. Cya.

VIVIsect

04 Aug 2020

I remember it taking me nearly a week to successfully download the Reason Electric Bass RE because the download kept constantly hanging/failing near the end of the almost 4GB file. Wrote to RS support but they never bothered responding, of course. Frustrating as hell.

Loque

04 Aug 2020

What makes you guys think it is on RS' end?
Reason12, Win10

MFW

04 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
04 Aug 2020
What makes you guys think it is on RS' end?
I didn't say it was. I knew it couldn't be my HDD out of space and was more likely to be an internet glitch.
What I was getting at was more that I wish RS had some sort of setup that allowed us to use file downloaders esp as these are quite large downloads.

Might also have made sense for devs to host the sound library separately on their own site while leaving the RE program behind a paywall/on RS.

jam-s

27 Sep 2020

4GB sounds suspicioiusly like a file system limit. What's the type of filesystem your reason user data resides on? And what OS are you using?

MFW

27 Sep 2020

jam-s wrote:
27 Sep 2020
4GB sounds suspicioiusly like a file system limit. What's the type of filesystem your reason user data resides on? And what OS are you using?
No idea. Windows 10 64 SSD.
The issue sorted itself on the second attempt.

challism

28 Sep 2020

Sorry you had this issue. Sounds like you got it working, though. That's good. I recommend backing up all your RE files to an external drive in case you ever need to download/install them again in the future.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

buddard
RE Developer

28 Sep 2020

RS would definitely do well to add some kind of resume functionality to Authorizer!

• Information