An Idea: "Selig Multi-Gain"

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Seckin

04 Jul 2020

Hi @selig! Sorry if this has been suggested before, but I searched the forum and could not find anything similar.

In short, I'd easily fall in love with a device that looked like this:

Sort of a gain mixer. One can hit Tab to turn it around and assign tracks to gain channels. Allows viewing of all gain levels simultaneously without having to wander around the rack which is cumbersome at the current state of the Selig Gain. Also includes a master gain fader.

This would be an instant purchase for me, and I don't see why not for many other Reasoners.

Can you make it?

Oh and folks please forgive my ugly Photoshop skills :D
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2020

While I admit that is rather cool, it seems to me that it is essentially creating another sort of mixer: 16:1

We already have a couple of those, not to mention the lovely SSL. I do use Selig Gain a bit at the instrument level but I also use the Gain knob at the top of the SSL a lot too as that is what it is there for. It seems silly me to double up even more.

There is nothing to stop you from making this in a Combi and saving it off either as a Patch or part of a starting Template - of course, the internal channels would be horizontal, not vertical, Infinity:1 is sooooo much more Buzz Lightyear lol.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

MarkTarlton

04 Jul 2020

I have always wanted the visual peak meter numbers built into the ssl mixer, as well as having a visual representation of the fader level...a very common addition. I like your idea too, but it would be extra saucy if most of gain's features were built into the ssl :)

ProfessaKaos

05 Jul 2020

MarkTarlton wrote:
04 Jul 2020
I have always wanted the visual peak meter numbers built into the ssl mixer, as well as having a visual representation of the fader level...a very common addition. I like your idea too, but it would be extra saucy if most of gain's features were built into the ssl :)
I think we all agree, and hope it will be implemented. I think a lot of Reason users are long time Reason users, and geeks of audio so we need these things nowadays.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Benedict
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2020

The one thing the SSL really could use from Selig's Gain is the db readout in Automation. 0-1000 is impressively unhelpful.
The Pan Laws would be nice too.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh

Benedict
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2020

Post removed :(
Last edited by Benedict on 07 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Roff-Marsh

Auryn

05 Jul 2020

Blamsoft's Mark VIII mixer is sort of something like this, 8 channels. You can only control the gain in 6db steps on the front panel, but you can use cv to control it smoothly on the back
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

• Information