Worst Rack Extension ? Take a look

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
NDKay
Posts: 279
Joined: 04 Jul 2018
Location: Suite 11

Post 25 Jun 2020

Look what i´ve just found....



( i´ve searched here but could not find anything related, so i dont know if there is a topic about it - and if it should go to the kitchen, please mods do so)
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5089
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 25 Jun 2020

Hahahahaha. I scrolled to the end to see what it was. There was uproar on the PUF when that got released because he was charging for it. I think that’s why JP and Selig made free ones. Or maybe it was because Peff was charging for his one too hahaha. Crazy days.
丰2ॐ

NDKay
Posts: 279
Joined: 04 Jul 2018
Location: Suite 11

Post 25 Jun 2020

after i saw the video i searched here on RT for that RE and could find some comments on it, but not the video - so i posted it.
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1839
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jun 2020

NDKay wrote:
25 Jun 2020
Look what i´ve just found....



( i´ve searched here but could not find anything related, so i dont know if there is a topic about it - and if it should go to the kitchen, please mods do so)
What a great and positive message. Yes, I remember his Re, and how it was received by the "community". Never saw the trailer until now. Pretty funny.

sdst
Posts: 756
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

Post 25 Jun 2020

honorable mention Beat Map

User avatar
muckmclane
Posts: 88
Joined: 28 Oct 2018

Post 25 Jun 2020

I vote for a tie between eXpanse/VK 2, I mean there are just no options with these things.
fake sagan should be a household name

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1331
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 25 Jun 2020

sdst wrote:
25 Jun 2020
honorable mention Beat Map
Nah man, never. I happen to love it.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2470
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 25 Jun 2020

wouldn’t the worst RE be that one they had to remove from the store because it was just a repackaged stolen sample library? that was a fun time. 😳

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5089
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 26 Jun 2020

Aeon.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Kalm
Posts: 446
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Location: Austin

Post 26 Jun 2020

That was a definite "hit the feels" moment. When he said you make the first buck and the market puts vale on your product. I learned it the other way around. I went in FREE and then to cheap and learned the hard way.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 8 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 4 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Boog Model D | Follow me on Instagram

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 1983
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
25 Jun 2020
Hahahahaha. I scrolled to the end to see what it was. There was uproar on the PUF when that got released because he was charging for it. I think that’s why JP and Selig made free ones. Or maybe it was because Peff was charging for his one too hahaha. Crazy days.
I knew which one it was without even watching the video. Yeah, Peff really should have given that one away for free. I love the other Peff REs, but probably never have Spacre in my rack. JP and Selig hooked us up with the good anyway. I love the JP line up.
guitfnky wrote:
25 Jun 2020
wouldn’t the worst RE be that one they had to remove from the store because it was just a repackaged stolen sample library? that was a fun time. 😳
Good point!
sdst wrote:
25 Jun 2020
honorable mention Beat Map
Wow, really? This seems really drastic to me. I get if you don't like an RE, but how can this possibly be on the "worst" list? Seems like there are plenty of other choices you could put on that list above any player in the shop.
Reason 2.5, Windows 95, 4MB RAM, 133Mhz CPU, integrated soundblaster 14.4k dial-up modem

:rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt:
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

sdst
Posts: 756
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

Post 26 Jun 2020

challism wrote:
26 Jun 2020
sdst wrote:
25 Jun 2020
honorable mention Beat Map
Wow, really? This seems really drastic to me. I get if you don't like an RE, but how can this possibly be on the "worst" list? Seems like there are plenty of other choices you could put on that list above any player in the shop.
i can't make a 4 bar loop with that, there is no rhythm just nonsense, that's my opinion

NDKay
Posts: 279
Joined: 04 Jul 2018
Location: Suite 11

Post 26 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
25 Jun 2020
wouldn’t the worst RE be that one they had to remove from the store because it was just a repackaged stolen sample library? that was a fun time. 😳
challism wrote:
26 Jun 2020
Good point!
Would we know of the Worst RE ?

Beeing "overprecisely" i think the worst RE would be one we never heard of, because it did not get released ;-)
and i think there are more than one of that kind.
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

danc
Posts: 517
Joined: 14 Oct 2016

Post 26 Jun 2020

NDKay wrote:
26 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
25 Jun 2020
wouldn’t the worst RE be that one they had to remove from the store because it was just a repackaged stolen sample library? that was a fun time. 😳
challism wrote:
26 Jun 2020
Good point!
Would we know of the Worst RE ?

Beeing "overprecisely" i think the worst RE would be one we never heard of, because it did not get released ;-)
and i think there are more than one of that kind.
Here are some simple instructions to determine the WORST RE, based on an open democratic vote of us Reason users...

1. Go to the Reason Studio shop.
2. Select Rack Extensions.
3. Filter the list by HIGHEST RATED.
4. Wait a few seconds for Reason Studios to do its stuff... now... there are currently 716 results.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and keep going and keep going and keep going... at the very bottom is the WORST RE.

You can see the results here... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... g&pagex=24

The WINNER is the SW4-C Multi-Switch Controller priced at £139.00 - receiving 2 out of 5 stars. Maybe it's the daft price... maybe it's just SH*T... you decide.

Go see for yourself... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ontroller/

Don't blame me... I just use simple logic to decide the worst. From where I am sat it looks amazing... as it uses the R.O.M.O.S concept aimed at producing random soundscapes on multi-speaker set-ups.

BTW - ReLabeler is 3rd from bottom. So no... it is NOT the worst.
Creating, producing and mastering music in Reason 11 and Studio One 5 (WIndows).


NDKay
Posts: 279
Joined: 04 Jul 2018
Location: Suite 11

Post 26 Jun 2020

thats why i put "overprecisely" in my post ! :lol:

of course you can only judge what you know !

( i just wanted to be "the" smartass for a moment )
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2470
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jun 2020

danc wrote:
26 Jun 2020
NDKay wrote:
26 Jun 2020




Would we know of the Worst RE ?

Beeing "overprecisely" i think the worst RE would be one we never heard of, because it did not get released ;-)
and i think there are more than one of that kind.
Here are some simple instructions to determine the WORST RE, based on an open democratic vote of us Reason users...

1. Go to the Reason Studio shop.
2. Select Rack Extensions.
3. Filter the list by HIGHEST RATED.
4. Wait a few seconds for Reason Studios to do its stuff... now... there are currently 716 results.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and keep going and keep going and keep going... at the very bottom is the WORST RE.

You can see the results here... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... g&pagex=24

The WINNER is the SW4-C Multi-Switch Controller priced at £139.00 - receiving 2 out of 5 stars. Maybe it's the daft price... maybe it's just SH*T... you decide.

Go see for yourself... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ontroller/

Don't blame me... I just use simple logic to decide the worst. From where I am sat it looks amazing... as it uses the R.O.M.O.S concept aimed at producing random soundscapes on multi-speaker set-ups.

BTW - ReLabeler is 3rd from bottom. So no... it is NOT the worst.
that’s one way of deciding which is the worst, but not the only way, and maybe not even the best way. those rely on ratings. not everyone leaves a rating though, and if you’ve ever read the Amazon reviews, you know that most people who leave ratings are only there to give 5-star, or 1-star ratings—people who fall somewhere in between (probably most people) tend not to leave as many reviews.

it also doesn’t take into account how many people rated an RE (I could be wrong here, but I don’t think it does). so if one person rated an RE as one star, and a hundred other people thought it was pretty good, but didn’t rate it, the average rating would still be one star, and it would be the “worst” RE. on the other hand, another RE could have 99 one-star reviews, and 1 two-star review, and it would have a higher average rating than the first.

amazing how complicated such a simple determination can get. 😅

danc
Posts: 517
Joined: 14 Oct 2016

Post 26 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
26 Jun 2020

that’s one way of deciding which is the worst, but not the only way, and maybe not even the best way. those rely on ratings. not everyone leaves a rating though, and if you’ve ever read the Amazon reviews, you know that most people who leave ratings are only there to give 5-star, or 1-star ratings—people who fall somewhere in between (probably most people) tend not to leave as many reviews.

it also doesn’t take into account how many people rated an RE (I could be wrong here, but I don’t think it does). so if one person rated an RE as one star, and a hundred other people thought it was pretty good, but didn’t rate it, the average rating would still be one star, and it would be the “worst” RE. on the other hand, another RE could have 99 one-star reviews, and 1 two-star review, and it would have a higher average rating than the first.

amazing how complicated such a simple determination can get. 😅
Well... it is an AVERAGE rating, taking into account the number of ratings and doing the maths on that... and it does show you how many people rated it. BUT you can't see all the individual ratings - so you have to trust Reason Studios a little here that they've done their maths right.

Anyway - it's Friday afternoon here and it was written with tongue in cheek. With laughter rather than seriousness.
Creating, producing and mastering music in Reason 11 and Studio One 5 (WIndows).


NDKay
Posts: 279
Joined: 04 Jul 2018
Location: Suite 11

Post 26 Jun 2020

danc wrote:
26 Jun 2020

Anyway - it's Friday afternoon here and it was written with tongue in cheek. With laughter rather than seriousness.
metoo :lol:
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2470
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jun 2020

danc wrote:
26 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
26 Jun 2020

that’s one way of deciding which is the worst, but not the only way, and maybe not even the best way. those rely on ratings. not everyone leaves a rating though, and if you’ve ever read the Amazon reviews, you know that most people who leave ratings are only there to give 5-star, or 1-star ratings—people who fall somewhere in between (probably most people) tend not to leave as many reviews.

it also doesn’t take into account how many people rated an RE (I could be wrong here, but I don’t think it does). so if one person rated an RE as one star, and a hundred other people thought it was pretty good, but didn’t rate it, the average rating would still be one star, and it would be the “worst” RE. on the other hand, another RE could have 99 one-star reviews, and 1 two-star review, and it would have a higher average rating than the first.

amazing how complicated such a simple determination can get. 😅
Well... it is an AVERAGE rating, taking into account the number of ratings and doing the maths on that... and it does show you how many people rated it. BUT you can't see all the individual ratings - so you have to trust Reason Studios a little here that they've done their maths right.

Anyway - it's Friday afternoon here and it was written with tongue in cheek. With laughter rather than seriousness.
yep, same here. I just like thinking about such things. or about anything, really. :lol:

User avatar
adfielding
Posts: 754
Joined: 19 May 2015

Post 26 Jun 2020

sdst wrote:
25 Jun 2020
honorable mention Beat Map
muckmclane wrote:
25 Jun 2020
I vote for a tie between eXpanse/VK 2, I mean there are just no options with these things.
Interesting. I certainly won't judge you both for those choices, but everyone's entitled to be wrong.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2470
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 26 Jun 2020

another interesting question is, of the REs which you own, which is the worst?

maybe for me, I’d have to go with Faturator. that thing is just terrible. and it’s surprising, given how much I love most of the other Khz REs I’ve used.

danc
Posts: 517
Joined: 14 Oct 2016

Post 26 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
26 Jun 2020
another interesting question is, of the REs which you own, which is the worst?

maybe for me, I’d have to go with Faturator. that thing is just terrible. and it’s surprising, given how much I love most of the other Khz REs I’ve used.
Faturator works well if used as a Snap In, with super subtle settings, within PhasePlant... on its own, I agree, it has little use in my setup.
Creating, producing and mastering music in Reason 11 and Studio One 5 (WIndows).


User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1372
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2020

sdst wrote:
26 Jun 2020
challism wrote:
26 Jun 2020


Wow, really? This seems really drastic to me. I get if you don't like an RE, but how can this possibly be on the "worst" list? Seems like there are plenty of other choices you could put on that list above any player in the shop.
i can't make a 4 bar loop with that, there is no rhythm just nonsense, that's my opinion
You're doing it wrong

User avatar
ljekio
Posts: 828
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2020

danc wrote:
26 Jun 2020
The WINNER is the SW4-C Multi-Switch Controller priced at £139.00 - receiving 2 out of 5 stars. Maybe it's the daft price... maybe it's just SH*T... you decide.

Go see for yourself... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ontroller/

Don't blame me... I just use simple logic to decide the worst. From where I am sat it looks amazing... as it uses the R.O.M.O.S concept aimed at producing random soundscapes on multi-speaker set-ups.
Yes, this is a very strange case.
Once it was sold at a reasonable price and I even planned to buy it for some switching tasks.
But then the developer decided that this was not just a switch, but a concept, with some kind of built-in banks of sounds. And put up an unthinkable price tag. I wonder someone bought it?

User avatar
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer
Posts: 1104
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jun 2020

danc wrote:
26 Jun 2020
NDKay wrote:
26 Jun 2020




Would we know of the Worst RE ?

Beeing "overprecisely" i think the worst RE would be one we never heard of, because it did not get released ;-)
and i think there are more than one of that kind.
Here are some simple instructions to determine the WORST RE, based on an open democratic vote of us Reason users...

1. Go to the Reason Studio shop.
2. Select Rack Extensions.
3. Filter the list by HIGHEST RATED.
4. Wait a few seconds for Reason Studios to do its stuff... now... there are currently 716 results.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and keep going and keep going and keep going... at the very bottom is the WORST RE.

You can see the results here... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... g&pagex=24

The WINNER is the SW4-C Multi-Switch Controller priced at £139.00 - receiving 2 out of 5 stars. Maybe it's the daft price... maybe it's just SH*T... you decide.

Go see for yourself... https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ontroller/

Don't blame me... I just use simple logic to decide the worst. From where I am sat it looks amazing... as it uses the R.O.M.O.S concept aimed at producing random soundscapes on multi-speaker set-ups.

BTW - ReLabeler is 3rd from bottom. So no... it is NOT the worst.


Careful with such lists.

You've really not looked properly at the list, I can tell: the shop, being so fundamentally broken , that sorted list actually doesn't work. You have set it to sort by Highest Rated, yes, but please do note that the result within each possible value range is displayed alphabetically. :roll: Look carefully, 4Dyne is first in the 4.5+ range because it starts with a numeral, then you got all the A's, the C's, the D's... and so on and soforth.

While it is possible SW4C is the lowest rated, it'd be purely coincidence, because it's also the last letter alphabetically within its possible 1.5 to 2.4 star range, so it's technically possible it might actually not be the lowest.

You'll also note from that and any other search page that Reason Studios really do not want potential users to know the actual rating, so they've now removed them entirely from the product lists. You have to click individual product pages to see the rating, but given there is no half-star averaging or, as there used to be, the actual numerical value, star ratings are largely meaningless now, as 3.5 products are effectively rated the same as 4.4. So pretty much everything is now just set to 4*, which may actively work to confuse users and hide worthwhile products from them by promoting products considered in fact by a reasonable majority of users as merely average, as suggesting they are well above average, while demoting some excellent products by not allowing them to be distinguished and lumped in with arguably inferior fare.
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 27 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests