Turn2On Appreciation Post

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BradfordMoeller

23 Jun 2020

Inspired by their "Ghammy" rack extension recently released, another instant buy from me, I am just so enamored with what Turn2On has been doing, that I need to say something!

As a chorus snob, Cronus most often has the most realistic "analog" chorus sound out of the 8 or so RE's I own (the other functions of the RE are also impeccable).

The custom vibe has, (in my opinion), the only believable Analog "chorus/vibrato" pedal sound I've heard thus far outside of an actual pedal.

Their sub octave RE is phenomenal, it's kind of it's own thing, but also, it does exactly what you want it to.

The Ghammy checked a box for me off of my RE wish-list that I totally forgot about, out of the blue, which was the case for the other REs listed here as well. I think I own 5-6 of their REs so far, none have disappointed.

I just hope they keep getting attention & keep making REs. I could be wrong, but I get the vibe that they may be underrated. Whoever the developer is, is incredibly talented and has a great ear.

That is all <3
:reason:)))

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2020

Yep. Underrated but climbing the ladder quickly. I think folk are starting to realize the potential in thei devices if they didn’t already. I love Ghammy. I really do.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

23 Jun 2020

Custom Vibe rules.
AngryComp, they had me at the name.
Ghammy, I need to be able to use an expression pedal with devices like this, otherwise I don't understand.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2020

motuscott wrote:
23 Jun 2020
Custom Vibe rules.
AngryComp, they had me at the name.
Ghammy, I need to be able to use an expression pedal with devices like this, otherwise I don't understand.
Wire it to your mod wheel.
...until you buy an exp of course.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

23 Jun 2020

And use my third hand whilst playing a gitbox?
If an expression pedal will work, I need some details.
Cos I'm an American. You're damn right I'll throw some money at it

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2020

motuscott wrote:
23 Jun 2020
And use my third hand whilst playing a gitbox?
If an expression pedal will work, I need some details.
Cos I'm an American. You're damn right I'll throw some money at it
Assuming you’ve got an exp in on your controller, and that’s not a given these days, then I’d go for a $20 M-Audio EXP1. They’re universal so should work with anything except Line 6 crap because they’ve made their stuff TS mono instead of TRS which is standard.
Also I just learned that not all exp pedals are equal. I just bought and amazingly sturdy Morley which had to be sent back because it had an audio curve and not a linear curve. So yeah...cheap M-Audio. They’re fine and let’s face it, how often are you going to use it.
As far as the Mid Wheel is concerned you can record your guitar and then do an automation. Easy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

23 Jun 2020

Thanks for the details, Figg.
What sort of plug is that? I have an ancient motu 828II with MIDI and a 1/4" punch in jack that I think is just on/off. Don't think that's going to get me there.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2020

motuscott wrote:
23 Jun 2020
Thanks for the details, Figg.
What sort of plug is that? I have an ancient motu 828II with MIDI and a 1/4" punch in jack that I think is just on/off. Don't think that's going to get me there.
Nah. I doubt it. Keyboards with Expression in don’t seem so common. The Nektar T series have one which was one of the deciding factors in me getting it. If it say Exp on the input then it’s got one :). It’ll be a 1/4” TRS input.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

turn2on
RE Developer

23 Jun 2020

BradfordMoeller, and all other friends in topic, thank you for your support words.
These words really mean too us a lot to the current work. Lack of criticism, discussion, comments-sometimes suggests that there are serious flaws in the work, perhaps bad graphics that repels, not enough functionality, it is always important to have feedback - and thanks to this forum, there are messages that always make us think about current and completed projects.
I am a fan of guitar pedals, even if some say that there are not so many effects in fx world, and they are all almost the same. It is more important to be able to apply them.
But anyway, we love what we do and there no plans to stop.
Very big question for ALL developers - is a support of their products. Any active or passive promo of their releases, also by RS shop. SHop is the main promo place for RE. But shop have small structure to present at one page at once new products (now only 4 on page).
Sometimes I receive emails from users that use some our devices in years, and write to us that yesterday find cool RE from us that been published few years ago!
No comments to the products - is a bad, because developer think about this and cant find actual vector, usually.
But anyway, I think enough to love what you make and just listen users.

motuscott , I can add that buy year ago very cheap and quality Expression pedal: Nektar XP-1. $19.99. Bipolar.
Main problem for some users with this (any) expression pedal - 1/4jack output. You need to connect it somewhere to revive midi messages from it.
And we create manual - how to build in few minutes very easy Expression MIDI->USB converter, based at ARDUINO.
(need Arduino board, download ready sketch file to upload into Arduino, stereo 1/4 jack connector for input of expression pedal, 3 short wires). And you can have on price about $10 converter Midi-USB, that any DAW recognise ... also you can add to this small box any pots, faders, buttons, switches and with this you can have own very cheap midi controller).
https://turn2on.com/utilities/diy-midi- ... converter/

I'm was needed to convert Expression pedal to midi, and I'm find real solution from Kuassa.
Expression pedal - very helpful for work in DAW, not only with devices like a Pitch-Shifters, WahWah filters, etc from guitar world. But also - expression pedal very nice addition for work, its like 3rd hand.

Yes, you can simple test any devices with pedal orientation with Pitch or Mod Wheel.
In GHAMMY, Pitch Bend - ideal controller for "HARMY" mode. At mid (zero position) - default sound is dry. Up/Down moves make harmony additions.
But Mod Wheel - better for GHAMMY, because dry signal at minimal position and you can up to the end position with mod wheel.

I can work on synth lines with Expression pedal or Modwheel. Its ok.
But with guitar - work with pedal - is a real charm and new possibility.
Its unreal to make on active fast play with hand some speedy shifts. You can automate it.. But for live playing with guitar, expression pedal is what really help you.

If not with Ghammy or any other RE, anyway, Expression pedal very nice variant of controller in your setup (not much money need for this). Old volume guitar pedal can help too without needs to buy expression pedal.

turn2on
RE Developer

23 Jun 2020

Yes, what you need to work with pedal in software, receive midi. And you need hardware interface (midi keyboard, synth, etc) that have on board port with marked name EXPRESSION.
But as I write before, very easy to build small box using cheap Arduino clone board and upload sketch to it. Any connected controller to Arduino - can be your DAW controller. To recognise midi from expression pedal, you just need to use 1/4 Stereo input jack and 3 wires, connected to Arduino, then connect Arduino to PC/Mac and work with you pedal (or other midi source) as with usb device.

motuscott

23 Jun 2020

Thanks Turn2. I have an old wah pedal around here someplace. Now to see if I can wrap my primitive reptile brain around this

turn2on
RE Developer

23 Jun 2020

I think you need attach output jack into your pedal to internal pot like this instruction (only 3 wires and 1/4 stereo jack)
https://www.strymon.net/strymon-tech-co ... ion-pedal/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2020

I’ve just put Radical Piano through Reasonator and into Ecruos then added a Ghammy and a Drop’n’Lift and guess what...fxkng awesome. Like whales in space.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

23 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
21 Oct 2020
I’ve just put Radical Piano through Reasonator and into Ecruos then added a Ghammy and a Drop’n’Lift and guess what...fxkng awesome. Like whales in space.
You should attach an audio file. That one you sent me was really cool. Sounds like you added more to it since then. Ghammy and DnL?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Oct 2020

challism wrote:
23 Oct 2020
MrFigg wrote:
21 Oct 2020
You should attach an audio file. That one you sent me was really cool. Sounds like you added more to it since then. Ghammy and DnL?
Nah...I just used Reasonator and Ecruos in the end. I already put it in another thread about processing the crap out of stuff. Anyway, here it is. Just 3 or maybe 4 random notes played in Rad Piano through Reasonator and the Ecruos. Tell me it sounds like a piano now :).
Attachments
return2turn2on.mp3
(502 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information