Echobode - MIDI key to frequency?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

22 Jun 2020

Hey everyone! Just wondering how to set this up so that I get a direct translation from MIDI note to ring mod frequency? I can set it up so I get a really nice effect at a single pitch but when I try and transpose it (using CV or automation) I can't figure out how I need to scale the signal. Anyone know a way around this?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

22 Jun 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
22 Jun 2020
Hey everyone! Just wondering how to set this up so that I get a direct translation from MIDI note to ring mod frequency? I can set it up so I get a really nice effect at a single pitch but when I try and transpose it (using CV or automation) I can't figure out how I need to scale the signal. Anyone know a way around this?
Are you connecting a Thor to the Freq Shifter Note port via CV? Not sure why, but that seems to be quite irresponsive, but if you do it to the Freq Shifter Freq port that should work pretty well. I'm now confused as to the purpose of the "Note" port, if it's not for key tracking.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

22 Jun 2020

This is basic patch for it :)
Thor Controlled Echobode.zip
(4.85 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

ljekio

22 Jun 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
22 Jun 2020
This is basic patch for it :)

Thor Controlled Echobode.zip
CV from Thor to 'Note" socket on the Echobode.
Wherein Thor can be replaced with RPG-8

selig
RE Developer

22 Jun 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
22 Jun 2020
AFAIK you don't need to scale it, just send it a 1-127 standard MIDI note number. I just tried it with MIDI-CV Player and it works just fine, also with Matrix.
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information