All my REs have disappeared.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

I just did a sync all, opened Reason and every single on of my REs has disappeared. This is not good.

When I open it says "your licenses are not up to date for this computer please wait while downloading".
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1689
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jun 2020

Same thing happened to me earlier today. Something went wrong after SYNC - updates installed, but then all RE's gone! Rebooted Reason & they were back. A glitch in the Matrix?

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
20 Jun 2020
Same thing happened to me earlier today. Something went wrong after SYNC - updates installed, but then all RE's gone! Rebooted Reason & they were back. A glitch in the Matrix?
Yeah...I tried rebooting but that didn't work.
Also...I'm always logged in on the website but every time I open the website now it's logged me out even though I've checked the box for stay logged in.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 425
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 20 Jun 2020

With what version of REASON and under what system (PC, Mac) does it happen ?

For example at home, after Resync my configuration, everything is fully found after the scan of the Authorizer.
I am running under SIERRA Mac OS x 10.12. and have REASON10.4.1. version . ;)
Last edited by geronimo on 20 Jun 2020, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

geronimo wrote:
20 Jun 2020
With what version of REASON and under what system (PC, Mac) does it happen ?
Reason 10.4
Windows 10
Gotta be another fucking stupid crap Propellerheads bug/ update/ downtime/ whatever thing again. Sick of it!!!
丰2ॐ

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 425
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 20 Jun 2020

I just did the Sync ALL operation and I realize that updates have been made on the Resonans of Robotic Bean as well as for the freeware Select CV Switch and MODRACK ADSR .

ab459
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 Jun 2020

That's why i never use "Sync All" feature. (Joke) No, i really never use it, but by other reasons. But it seems it's justified.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

ab459 wrote:
20 Jun 2020
That's why i never use "Sync All" feature. (Joke) No, i really never use it, but by other reasons. But it seems it's justified.
I used it because I tried to download a single new RE and it didn’t work. When that happens the only solution most often is to sync all. In this case doing that has removed all my licenses.
丰2ॐ

DaveyG
Posts: 442
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 20 Jun 2020

Every time stuff like this happens, I reflect upon how fragile and vulnerable the Reason ecosystem is. One server hiccup and our toolkit is missing..

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
20 Jun 2020
Every time stuff like this happens, I reflect upon how fragile and vulnerable the Reason ecosystem is. One server hiccup and our toolkit is missing..
Yep. Me too. And then I reflect on how long it’s been like this and wonder why they’ve still not got it together.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2149
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jun 2020

maybe this is just me over here with my tinfoil hat, but the fact that you say you keep getting logged out of the website makes me wonder if there’s an issue with your account or password. I’d try changing passwords just to be safe/rule out anything to do with that.

but yeah, that’s super messed up. hope you get it sorted out quickly. :(

ab459
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020
ab459 wrote:
20 Jun 2020
That's why i never use "Sync All" feature. (Joke) No, i really never use it, but by other reasons. But it seems it's justified.
I used it because I tried to download a single new RE and it didn’t work. When that happens the only solution most often is to sync all. In this case doing that has removed all my licenses.
Hmm ok got it. But wait, removing licenses did not occurs in web account\products ? I hope :mrgreen: .

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

ab459 wrote:
20 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020


I used it because I tried to download a single new RE and it didn’t work. When that happens the only solution most often is to sync all. In this case doing that has removed all my licenses.
Hmm ok got it. But wait, removing licenses did not occurs in web account\products ? I hope :mrgreen: .
Nah. They’re still on my account. The REs are downloading but the licenses aren’t.
丰2ॐ

ab459
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020
ab459 wrote:
20 Jun 2020


Hmm ok got it. But wait, removing licenses did not occurs in web account\products ? I hope :mrgreen: .
Nah. They’re still on my account.
Oh ok, so all not so bad heh.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

ab459 wrote:
20 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020


Nah. They’re still on my account.
Oh ok, so all not so bad heh.
Pretty much the same result at the moment either way:)
丰2ॐ

NDKay
Posts: 256
Joined: 04 Jul 2018
Location: Suite 11

Post 20 Jun 2020

iirc there was something about Rack Extensions all gone in your RS account some weeks ago.? Seems they are changing some things up there again.

and a bit offtopic, but i also dont like that the website is going to be "made for mobile" : many pics in the store just look awful from a PC Monitor cause it seems they are "optimised" for smaller screens.....thinking of Reason beeing an APP for Computers, not smartphones (yeah, not seeing "compact" as a DAW!)
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

ab459
Posts: 204
Joined: 28 Dec 2018
Location: Minsk Belarus

Post 20 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020
ab459 wrote:
20 Jun 2020

Oh ok, so all not so bad heh.
Pretty much the same result at the moment either way:)
Heh, well, yes can't argue though.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 7103
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jun 2020

Have you tried removing the .cache file from the RackExtensions folder and then re-syncing?

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

joeyluck wrote:
20 Jun 2020
Have you tried removing the .cache file from the RackExtensions folder and then re-syncing?
Yep. Ended up deleting all the REs in the cache, Resyncing All, back into the cache to delete all the crap I didn’t want downloaded and finally it’s working again. A lot of time.
I have a feeling it may have something to do with a conflict having gone from a beta license to a full license as this has happened a number of times before so that seems like a common link.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 7103
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020
joeyluck wrote:
20 Jun 2020
Have you tried removing the .cache file from the RackExtensions folder and then re-syncing?
Yep. Ended up deleting all the REs in the cache, Resyncing All, back into the cache to delete all the crap I didn’t want downloaded and finally it’s working again. A lot of time.
I have a feeling it may have something to do with a conflict having gone from a beta license to a full license as this has happened a number of times before so that seems like a common link.
Cool glad you got it working. If I have a license issue, I remove just the .cache file from inside the RackExtensions folder (and not any of the REs). And then when I start Reason it it will prompt me to "Update Rack Extension licenses". And that will fix it.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

joeyluck wrote:
20 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020


Yep. Ended up deleting all the REs in the cache, Resyncing All, back into the cache to delete all the crap I didn’t want downloaded and finally it’s working again. A lot of time.
I have a feeling it may have something to do with a conflict having gone from a beta license to a full license as this has happened a number of times before so that seems like a common link.
Cool glad you got it working. If I have a license issue, I remove just the .cache file from inside the RackExtensions folder (and not any of the REs). And then when I start Reason it it will prompt me to "Update Rack Extension licenses". And that will fix it.
Hmm...I thought that’s what I did. There’s three folders in that “Roaming” folder in Windows. Need to look again. I usually use the RE folder there for deleting stuff rather than deleting them one by one using Authorizer. Then there’s the Authorizer folder which has all the Partial Downloads which I also empty periodically.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 7103
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2020
joeyluck wrote:
20 Jun 2020


Cool glad you got it working. If I have a license issue, I remove just the .cache file from inside the RackExtensions folder (and not any of the REs). And then when I start Reason it it will prompt me to "Update Rack Extension licenses". And that will fix it.
Hmm...I thought that’s what I did. There’s three folders in that “Roaming” folder in Windows. Need to look again. I usually use the RE folder there for deleting stuff rather than deleting them one by one using Authorizer. Then there’s the Authorizer folder which has all the Partial Downloads which I also empty periodically.
Gotcha. The .cache file I'm talking about is in the RackExtensions folder and there is only one file. This is on macOS though, so I'm not sure what it looks like and what's visible on Windows.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1629
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 20 Jun 2020

If you have a car and a home insurance, a UPS and surge protector for your gear, why not get a similar thing, like the ignition key, for the Reason ecosystem?
I got mine from Record, but thinking of getting a backup too.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 20 Jun 2020

bxbrkrz wrote:
20 Jun 2020
If you have a car and a home insurance, a UPS and surge protector for your gear, why not get a similar thing, like the ignition key, for the Reason ecosystem?
I got mine from Record, but thinking of getting a backup too.
I’ve got Balance and an Ignition key. My Balance is connected to my PC obviously so when I Sync All the licenses get written to both the PC and the Balance. They both got wiped. So that was that idea out the window. I update the Ignition Key periodically but I don’t have the RE I was trying to update written to it so that was that idea out the window too.
Maybe the answer is to unplug the Balance before doing a Sync All to the PC “just in case”. But that seems silly. And I guess the same “license wiping” can occur if I actually do try to write my licenses to my Ignition Keys if the Props Authorizer is in a mood. ;)
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7486
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 21 Jun 2020

Ok...now i am in the same boat. But i dont have the big whish to delete the whole RE folder and resync everything. Its about 40GB. ANy useable solution?

Damn it! I even get kicked out of the Reason Studios site all the time. Something looks to be broken with authentication on the site and probably with desktop authentication. So freaking anyoing that sh!t. And it is more frequent over the time.

and @Reason Studios: WTF are you doing? Are you a bunch of amateurs? :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

PS: I was thinking to wait for Obsession RE, but now i think to buy the VST since i still can use my VSTs...What a hell of crap...
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests