Antares Auto Tune RE in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EdwardKiy

17 Jun 2020

As much as I hate propellerheads not focusing on the actual DAW, I can't deny that this is yet another brilliant marketing move and I think the price is justified.

Becoming an aggregator for big name VSTs in RE format at some point will make Reason a no-brainer must-have VST purchase for most producers, regardless of their DAW.

But why on earth would anyone want a sophisticated live-performance tool for Reason, such as autotune? Because Reason + RE format is the most stable software out there, and that's what you want for a live vocal performance. Reason is selling their stability with RE format, for things that can be used in live performances at least - that's the added value on the price tag. And this is why we won't see a Melodyne RE soon - it's used only at production stage and built in Reason's pitch correction has most of the functionality anyway. It lacks Melodyne's polyphonic and sibilance control, but propellerheads can upgrade that in an update. Even Melodyne's developer says he is shocked nobody has done it yet, because "it's so simple".

Should then be a matter of improving the core DAW to make the Reason Plugin users realize they already bought a powerful DAW with it and they need nothing else. But it's such a long road ahead... Reason Plugin still has serious optimization issues as is and they haven't even touched VST3 support. And only then the core DAW improvements. Daaaamn... I wish they had more people to do all of it at once.

Dabbler

19 Jun 2020

OK Now I have to buy this.
After seeing it demo'd on YouTube, my kids will love playing with this.

• Information