Virtual Bassist -automation of switching modes - doesnt exist ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Dante

09 Jun 2020

With Virtual Bassist, I used it in pattern mode to great effect but then when I wanted a straight sustained note, there seemed no way to automate switching from phrase to normal note mode. Is this possible ? Also, it seemed like there was no way to render the pattern driven track to a normal note lane, so that I could just use Virtual Bassist in normal note mode but with the phrases generated from phrase mode.

I ended up manually re-sequencing the track in MIDI so I could have a few sustained notes at the end of phrases. Other work around could be to have 2 instances, but seems like overkill (?)

What am I missing ?

1reasonable

10 Jun 2020

The change from player to instrument modes isn’t possible to program - I’m guessing that like me, you have the RE Version(s)? The VST versions offer the kind of functionality (MIDI phrase drag and drop to the sequencer) which provides much greater versatility. You could drag and drop the phrases into a new midi lane, and add your own notes to it without needing to program a switch between modes.
Trouble is, are you willing to pay full price for the VST version? I’m peeved, because I’ve purchased all three in RE format, and although they look tidier in the rack rather than a floating VST window, the trade-off is the functionality. It doesn’t look like UJAM will be updating the RE’s anytime soon. It has taught me a lesson for the future: check if there is a VST version and compare functions before you commit to buying the RE!
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

Dante

13 Jun 2020

Yes I have the RE version. That sucks that they don't give the RE the same functionality as the VST, as I prefer RE's to VST's

• Information