Props have raised the price of Polar.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
fullforce

08 Jun 2020

Can I sell mine for half that price?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

guitfnky

08 Jun 2020

selig wrote:
08 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
08 Jun 2020
I’ve been using pitch shifters for years. every effects unit I’ve had in the last 10 years or so has had at least some kind of pitch shift that I’ve taken advantage of. my favorite is the updated Whammy pedal. I don’t think most of us have anything against pitch shifters. Polar just doesn’t rank for me (and I guess a few others). there are way better options elsewhere to get what you need (hell, even just adjusting the clip tuning in the sequencer is a good option), that’s all.
You can't Whammy or feedback or wobble with the clip tuning, but I do love it for octave doubles.
yep, I just mean pitch shifting generally, which is how I took your statement, based on the phrasing. of course, every device and method will have differences in terms of usage and what can be done with it. 👍🏼
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

ab459

08 Jun 2020

The delay\lock buffer section is pretty make this device interesting imo. (If I had not received it with the suite, I would have bought it only because of this feature) This does not apply to current price though heh.

DaveyG

08 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
08 Jun 2020
DaveyG wrote:
08 Jun 2020
I've got polar and I also never use it. I'm not even sure how I got it. Was it in a bundle at some point?
do you have Reason 11 Suite? pretty sure it’s included in that.
That'll be it. I ran through all the stuff that came with suite precisely once and went back to mostly using the stuff I already had haha.

Jackjackdaw

08 Jun 2020

It makes a pretty tidy granular fx engine. Keyboard input and Env to Amp are unique features! I had some really nice jams with it this eve.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2020

NI Replika XT is on sale for 25 bucks now. Superior pitch shifter shimmer reverb and much more. Just get the free std version first and upgrade.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Oquasec

08 Jun 2020

does polar come with reason
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

zoidkirb

08 Jun 2020

Oquasec wrote:
08 Jun 2020
does polar come with reason
Not with Standard. It is bundled with Suite.

Tweak

09 Jun 2020

If there is a price change for Polar, this appears to be a result of their push for more upgraders to Suite. Presumably raising the price helps put people off buying this separately so their marketing works more effectively(see attached mail shot I just received)
Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 18.01.51.png
Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 18.01.51.png (779.59 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

guitfnky

09 Jun 2020

I do think it has to do with trying to drive people to upgrade to Suite. I logged in and saw a banner that lists it at $249 now, but when I click on the picture, it takes me to a Reason 11 Suite page.

their Shop is a f%#*ing mess.

SebAudio

09 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
08 Jun 2020
NI Replika XT is on sale for 25 bucks now. Superior pitch shifter shimmer reverb and much more. Just get the free std version first and upgrade.
Also worth trying is the free Valhalla offer : https://valhalladsp.com/shop/delay/valhalla-freq-echo/

guitfnky

09 Jun 2020

SebAudio wrote:
09 Jun 2020
Boombastix wrote:
08 Jun 2020
Also worth trying is the free Valhalla offer : https://valhalladsp.com/shop/delay/valhalla-freq-echo/
that thing is amazing. just downloaded it last weekend and already have it on 2 songs.

TheDragonborg

09 Jun 2020

I use Polar all of the time... but I just have it in my $9 a month RE sub...

DaveyG

10 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
09 Jun 2020
I think we can agree on that. It can't even get the currency consistent for me even though I am always logged in. I can sometimes see $, Euro and GBP in the same session. Other times it shows in $ until I click an RE then it shows it in GBP. Something is screwed somewhere.

guitfnky

10 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
10 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
09 Jun 2020
I think we can agree on that. It can't even get the currency consistent for me even though I am always logged in. I can sometimes see $, Euro and GBP in the same session. Other times it shows in $ until I click an RE then it shows it in GBP. Something is screwed somewhere.
yep, it’s been a bad experience since they redid everything when they rolled out R11. I realized yesterday that I’ve stopped regularly checking the shop—probably right around the time they made that switch. I used to check it a few times a week. it’s so user-unfriendly now. I wonder how much impact that’s had for their sales. now I only check it if I know there’s something I need.

chimp_spanner

10 Jun 2020

I really like Polar, but I do wish PDC worked with it, and that it had a tempo sync'd delay option. That said, adjusting manually does create a bit more of an 'organic' sound I suppose. Mostly I like it for ambient sound design stuff. Or sometimes I just run my whole mix through it and drop it a few cents when my ears are tired. Everything sounds better a little lower :lol:

As a side note, I really like Turn2On's Drop and Lift in The Echo's effects loop. It introduces almost no latency and sounds great.

r2101

16 Jun 2020

A nice device...not too sure if i would have purchased it for 239 Euro ;)
but since alternatives were mentioned in here...i thought i chime in with eventide crystals which is on sale for under 30 euro right now if i am not completely mistaken.

• Information