Loving Vk-2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
SebAudio

06 Jun 2020

I’m trialing vk-2 atm and what a pleasure it is this great synth ! The sound is good and as it’d be told on this forum, it’s far more than vk-1 « 2nd version » but more of a « vk-modular » and then it exibits a less conventional interactions and capabilities than the « classic substrative wired synth ». That is fresh !

I think of some « updates » that would be welcome for me and share them here (I know it can be done with external devices and or rear panel inputs, but sometimes it’s more engaging with all in the same hands, in front of you)

- allow 2nd and 3rd filter mods (front) to be frequency or Resonance
- a (voltages and gates) sequencer + quantiser (inspirations : subharmonicon, Aalto) with multitaps lanes and rhythmic signatures
- a « tab » interface à la Europa for the FXs and mod & Lfo to allow for on/off switches of indivual FXs (and perhaps the tab for the sequencer ;-)

If room is a problem with those features, perhaps only one (max 2) « vk-2 » and / or « Vinking synthesizer » labels is sufficient ?
Also the « Blamsoft » and « eXode » labels could be elsewhere than on the rack ears ?

In its league, I can’t think of another synth than Complex-1 that is so inspiring !
Thank you Blamsoft and eXode !

Loque

06 Jun 2020

Idd a great synth. I personally do not need any of your feature request. Just a bit more slots for modulation would be great. Why? Because they would be polyphonic and simplify the work!

I just gambled around with VK2 while working on a new track, trying to recreate some sounds from "The Orbital - Speedfreak" (kicks in around 1:10), while i hardly failed (probably wrong synth and not the right "bad" sampling"), i came up with some pretty good stuff and loved it.
Reason12, Win10

• Information