Just released 3 filters!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rorystorm

08 Jun 2020

Just bought because I'm also a big king tubby fan. Two minutes playing and I'm sold, beautiful work.

One thing I did notice tho was some weirdness with the cv modulation particularly on the hpf. The sound just disappears after the lfo reaches about 2/3rds of its maximum value, even with the CV trim turned down quite low - but if the cv trim is below around 35-40 there's almost no discernible effect. I dunno. That's on a cursory first listen, clearly.

Anyway I tried putting the suggestion in this thread of using it on the breakouts on the Echo, and fuck me! It sounded massive.

ekss
RE Developer

08 Jun 2020

rorystorm wrote:
08 Jun 2020
Just bought because I'm also a big king tubby fan. Two minutes playing and I'm sold, beautiful work.

One thing I did notice tho was some weirdness with the cv modulation particularly on the hpf. The sound just disappears after the lfo reaches about 2/3rds of its maximum value, even with the CV trim turned down quite low - but if the cv trim is below around 35-40 there's almost no discernible effect. I dunno. That's on a cursory first listen, clearly.

Anyway I tried putting the suggestion in this thread of using it on the breakouts on the Echo, and fuck me! It sounded massive.

Thanks for the feedback! I will look into the cv-input range problem today - if I’ve calculated it wrong there will be a free update as soon as possible :)

ekss
RE Developer

08 Jun 2020

rorystorm wrote:
08 Jun 2020

Follow up!

Indeed - the CV input range was too wide! I've now corrected the values so that when HP filter is set to 70Hz feeding it maximum CV input equals setting the cut off to 7.5k - and the opposite, when set to 7.5k and feeding it maximum negativ CV input the cut off will equal 70 Hz.

If cut off is set to "Off" (cutoff at 20Hz) maximum CV input will still open the filter but not all the way to 7.5k

:exclamation: Important: If you set the cut off above 70Hz the CV input will push the cut off higher then 7.5k, if you have it set to 250Hz full CV input will push it all the way to 20k and then its not audible anymore. So for full range unipolar CV input, set the cut off to 70Hz, for bipolar, set it to 500Hz/1K (the middle is in between those) and trim CV to 50% (or to taste).

This was also the case in LP Filter and HPLP, so I've corrected the ranges there match the cut off knob on those too.

Version 1.0.1 of all three is uploading to Reason Studios now, hopefully they will be tested and available for download very soon!

Thanks for noticing this error and reporting! :thumbs_up:
Last edited by ekss on 08 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

rorystorm

08 Jun 2020

Awesome! Love your work!

ekss
RE Developer

10 Jun 2020

rorystorm wrote:
08 Jun 2020
Awesome! Love your work!
Free updates with fix of CV input range is available in the shop now :D

rorystorm

11 Jun 2020

👍

ekss
RE Developer

19 Apr 2024

HPLP1224 got an update!
Fixed some minor graphics (screws being low resolution on front) and updated the backside with 2 new features:
Selectable filter models; original, clean and dirty
Peak offset; reduce or increase overall resonance

Free and available now!

Not sure if I will implement these updates on the single hp & single lp, maybe at a later date:)

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2024

Thanks for the update. I’ve been meaning to pick up one of these, and if the twin filter is the only with tires I guess that’s my decision made! Btw any reason why it’s only that one? I guess it’s probably the most popular of the 3 devices..?

steff3

20 Apr 2024

ekss wrote:
19 Apr 2024

Not sure if I will implement these updates on the single hp & single lp, maybe at a later date:)
A shame. Hope that this will come to the single ones as well

Prefer to use the single ones as in the chain it is then clear what is the purpose (a lp or a hp)

Cheers

ekss
RE Developer

20 Apr 2024

steff3 wrote:
20 Apr 2024
ekss wrote:
19 Apr 2024

A shame. Hope that this will come to the single ones as well

Prefer to use the single ones as in the chain it is then clear what is the purpose (a lp or a hp)

Cheers
Ahh, I thought like Steedus that people mostly used the double, I got a few comments asking for the purpose of making single when both are in the double, so was assuming. But I too tend to use the single one!
One thought was to increase the functionality just for the bigger one and keep the single simple, I'll most probably continue using the original mode because it's what I like the most. But yes I'll probably implement it in the singles too then, rather sooner than later :)

• Information