Rack Extensions Getting No Love ? also Reason it self.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
bidaar

04 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
02 Jun 2020
I guess most users already have most of the devices they need. Than there is only GAS triggered by low prices and maybe the prices were not low enough.

I find it quite interesting to see which devices are currently "POPULAR RIGHT NOW" and there were/are also Quadnote and eXpanse and VK-2, which are really great devices. I really would like to know how many are sold, especially since eXpanse is quite old and had a ultra great price for a short time in the past - so i am just wondering that there are ppl do not already have it...

I just had a quick look and noticed some interesting things. So maybe its really the last chance for some ppl to get some good deals, like this one here for 15 bucks:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... istortion/
I really wanted Expanse but I knew I have way more to get a new synth but in the long run I be getting More Awesome REs .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Proboscis

04 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Thanks ! Appreciate it . You are completley right . and I see why you said that. I been using reason for like almost a year and I havent mastered all my sytnths or some other stuff , thats why I didnt try to buy any synth .
Have you spent much time building complex Combinators, and assigning the knobs & buttons to automation ?

There is some seriously cool shit we can do in Reason, with devices, that no other DAW can. Mostly 'back-panel' and imagination

I will re-iterate my original comment. Reason Suite is PLENTY equipped for just about any style of electronic music.

selig
RE Developer

04 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
03 Jun 2020
If you check my text again I said I love this forum . I meant other than here and few places. and Im sorry I didnt try to make a click bait it was what I thinking and that Idea came from I really realy love reason . thats why I was thinking Reason is the best thing ever it needs way more love but as you said we always need more love :lol: :D and I dont know why they deleted the post But if it was anything else They woulda repost that again . I think it was because when you post a post about " sale " generaly lotta people should be on that comment section being excited. this was at the end of may . again sorry for any misundrestood its jus pure love over here also Im gonna buy some of your REs in the next sale . in this one I didnt get anything related to mixing or coloring .
Apologies if I misunderstood your comment. There is plenty of "love" for Reason IMO, at least in proportion to the number of users. Maybe the bigger question is "why are there not more Reason users?". And who knows the answer to that question, I'm sure the folks at Reason Studios are trying to answer that!

My favorite phrase lately (from The Irishman, and elsewhere) applies here: "it is what it is". That being said, Reason is over 20 years old, something only a handful of music applications can claim. Reason is still going strong, still 100% recognizable from its inception (more a credit to its initial design success than to any lack of progress IMO), and still inspiring new generations of creative musicians.

Sure there's plenty I'd change about Reason if I could, yet it remains the most inspiring music creation software I've ever used, and I've been using music software for almost 40 years now (I took one of the first Computer Music classes in the US in 1979, and released the first all MIDI direct to digital CDs in 1986 on MCA/Master Series).
Selig Audio, LLC

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2020

Proboscis wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Benedict wrote:
04 Jun 2020
I find Reason waaaaaay easier to use than just about every DAW.
I should point out I was trained in a real tape studio back in the late 80's so Reason following standard conventions (or logical extrapolations thereof) makes sense to me whereas all the windows & menu diving thing in Reaper etc makes me mental.
I do wonder though, how much Reason's uniqueness will resonate with younger generations than you & I, those who have had no 'hands on' experiences to draw upon.
A paradigm is a paradigm. Each gets that way for a set of reasons. Necessity being the mother of invention/convention and all that.

The Reason flow doesn't work better for me because of its similarity to hardware. That is only window dressing in some ways. It is the thinking behind it that resonates.

I see no reason that any person of any generation shouldn't understand the Reason paradigm, which is generally "shortest path".

With two screens I can see my Track in the Arrangement or MIDI, its Mixer Channel and where the instrument sits in the Rack. Being organized that alone helps me know what is what. I don't have to wonder what instrument that is seeing it is hiding behind a window behind a button. When working, that instrument is tidily where it lives instead of moving around all over the place.

When Mixing someone else's Stems I know exactly what is where (after I have set everything up). I can also see all my Processes, Buses and the Masters at once. I can see my levels with authority (I was amazed how much messier mixing was in Bitwig and Mixbus compared to Reason).

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

bidaar

06 Jun 2020

Proboscis wrote:
04 Jun 2020
bidaar wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Thanks ! Appreciate it . You are completley right . and I see why you said that. I been using reason for like almost a year and I havent mastered all my sytnths or some other stuff , thats why I didnt try to buy any synth .
Have you spent much time building complex Combinators, and assigning the knobs & buttons to automation ?

There is some seriously cool shit we can do in Reason, with devices, that no other DAW can. Mostly 'back-panel' and imagination

I will re-iterate my original comment. Reason Suite is PLENTY equipped for just about any style of electronic music.
yes ! the moment I bought reason I started watching lots tutorials which they were really hard to undrestand at first because I was a total stranger to this new world ! But now I undrestand it i've used Combinator and assigned multiple elements to rotary scaler or buttons in the combinator ... and tbh one of the main instrest of me coming to reason was this experimentation style that it has in everything specialy CV back panel since some really dope producers suggested it to me ... so yeah I Really appreciate Reason and the possibilities available to me ... and again Im Completley agree I could have dont buy literally ANY Rack extension ... But I knew Im gonna buy these anyways ( like lectric panda stuff and other great stuff ) is there anyone else like hydlide from ReasonExperts that has great in depth advanced creative tutorials you guys could point me toward... or any course or anything really.. Im just new to reason I'll be appreciating any of yalls replies about anything .Much Love <3
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

bidaar

06 Jun 2020

selig wrote:
04 Jun 2020
bidaar wrote:
03 Jun 2020
If you check my text again I said I love this forum . I meant other than here and few places. and Im sorry I didnt try to make a click bait it was what I thinking and that Idea came from I really realy love reason . thats why I was thinking Reason is the best thing ever it needs way more love but as you said we always need more love :lol: :D and I dont know why they deleted the post But if it was anything else They woulda repost that again . I think it was because when you post a post about " sale " generaly lotta people should be on that comment section being excited. this was at the end of may . again sorry for any misundrestood its jus pure love over here also Im gonna buy some of your REs in the next sale . in this one I didnt get anything related to mixing or coloring .
Apologies if I misunderstood your comment. There is plenty of "love" for Reason IMO, at least in proportion to the number of users. Maybe the bigger question is "why are there not more Reason users?". And who knows the answer to that question, I'm sure the folks at Reason Studios are trying to answer that!

My favorite phrase lately (from The Irishman, and elsewhere) applies here: "it is what it is". That being said, Reason is over 20 years old, something only a handful of music applications can claim. Reason is still going strong, still 100% recognizable from its inception (more a credit to its initial design success than to any lack of progress IMO), and still inspiring new generations of creative musicians.

Sure there's plenty I'd change about Reason if I could, yet it remains the most inspiring music creation software I've ever used, and I've been using music software for almost 40 years now (I took one of the first Computer Music classes in the US in 1979, and released the first all MIDI direct to digital CDs in 1986 on MCA/Master Series).
Oh no Im the one that should apologies ... maybe I said my question the wrong way ... english isnt my first language either . yeah one of my other question regarding this subject is ... the number of reason users has a connection to number of views and content and tutorials out there ... and yes reason has lots of OG and veteran and professional users ...
also I didnt know you been active in music production for this long ! I mean you are so cool I tought you are maybe 30 ! you are a legend I checked some of you youtube videos ... truely inspiring and your REs are in my list to buy in the future ....
also the reason I made this topic was tremendous and massive Love I have for Reason ! thats why it makes me wonder sometimes ... so the source that making me asking these questions is only love ! pure love for Reason ... I was more shocked that so many people are sleeping on this gem ... and many of its users are sleeping on so many Priceless Rack Extensions ...

• Information