Rack Extensions Getting No Love ? also Reason it self.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
bidaar

02 Jun 2020

Hi Everyone , Im a new Reason User ( Bought Reason Suite 11 Last Summer ) also new Member of this Amazing Forum ! ( about 2,3 Weeks ago ) something That Really Bugging me is Not Only Reason Related Content Not getting much Love or View But most importantly Rack Extensions Not Getting Any Love by the Users ... ! for Example Yesterday Reasonstudios Instagram posted about Last Chance Of Using the may Madness Sale , but only 3 comments and eventually they deleted the post when I checked Today ! or when I was Searching about 2020 May Madness I didnt find any Youtube Video about it that would Introduce Some Great Rack Extensions . Only one or two topics in other forums . And Of course Topics on this Forum which Again most of em were for previous Years and Sales . anyways I love here and glad that I found it . Whats Your Opinion About this matter I'd Really want to hear your opinion on the matter . :?:
Last edited by bidaar on 02 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Oquasec

02 Jun 2020

Reaktor and Reason are more niche devices for people. Soft tube modular etc all these are most commonly used as plugins for something else.
viewforum.php?f=7
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

bidaar

02 Jun 2020

Oquasec wrote:
02 Jun 2020
Reaktor and Reason are more niche devices for people. Soft tube modular etc all these are most commonly used as plugins for something else.
viewforum.php?f=7
I know what you saying but .. it doesnt matter plugin or standalone my point is still there cause you can buy rack extensions and use em in reason rack plugin ... also your answer doesnt really covers what Im talking about and what Im asking,,
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Oquasec

02 Jun 2020

They don't really promote much. They don't need to though since they've been around for a long time.
The fact of the matter is, people will use what they want to make music and not discuss it.
There might be tons of people using rack extensions and don't even bother discussing them.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Loque

02 Jun 2020

I guess most users already have most of the devices they need. Than there is only GAS triggered by low prices and maybe the prices were not low enough.

I find it quite interesting to see which devices are currently "POPULAR RIGHT NOW" and there were/are also Quadnote and eXpanse and VK-2, which are really great devices. I really would like to know how many are sold, especially since eXpanse is quite old and had a ultra great price for a short time in the past - so i am just wondering that there are ppl do not already have it...

I just had a quick look and noticed some interesting things. So maybe its really the last chance for some ppl to get some good deals, like this one here for 15 bucks:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... istortion/
Last edited by Loque on 02 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

02 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
02 Jun 2020
I guess most users already have most of the devices they need. Than there is only GAS triggered by low prices and maybe the prices were not low enough.

I find it quite interesting to see which devices are currently "POPULAR RIGHT NOW" and there were/are also Quadnote and eXpanse and VK-2, which are really great devices. I really would like to know how many are sold, especially since eXpanse is quite old and had a ultra great price for a short time in the past - so i am just wondering that there are ppl do not already have it...

I just had a quick look and noticed some interesting things. So maybe its really the last chance for some ppl to get some good deals, like this one here for 15 bucks:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... 20SoundLab
this feels like you are plugging Nucleus SoundLab and will be made aware of any sales from this post and given a cut?

Loque

02 Jun 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
02 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
02 Jun 2020

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... 20SoundLab
this feels like you are plugging Nucleus SoundLab and will be made aware of any sales from this post and given a cut?
Hum...somehow the wrong link: Here, try this:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... istortion/
Reason12, Win10

Lov2sing

02 Jun 2020

Just so you will know most of us have what we need in Rack Extensions therefore unless someone comes up with something entirely now there is nothing to talk about. More of the same thing does not excite anyone, so it’s not a lack of love but waiting for more than new label but same soup.
We make music for a reason

MannequinRaces

02 Jun 2020

Love REs and Reason (for the most part). As others have mentioned most of us are busy using what we have rather than extolling on ReasonTalk how great they are, we already know. :)

bidaar

02 Jun 2020

I agree that you already bought whatever you need but the. Again its not just you guys . On official reason instagrm nobody cared about to comment on gbe sale post . Or not even a single person made a video about rack extension this year . I guess what Im saying is not seeing so much enthusiasm not even by new users by my self .
But tbh Im proud of My self for buying Reason Suite . And this was my first time buying RE because I Bought reason only last summer . Been using suite devices until now but spend 400 euro on rack exrensions and Im so happy cant wait to do some crazy stuff , and Im gonna write my list in its topic , maybe here too

bidaar

02 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
02 Jun 2020
I agree that you already bought whatever you need but then Again its not just you guys . On official reason instagrm nobody cared about to comment on the sale post . Or not even a single person made a video about rack extension this year . I guess what Im saying is not seeing so much enthusiasm not even by new users like my self .
But tbh Im proud of My self for buying Reason Suite . And this was my first time buying RE because I Bought reason only last summer . Been using suite devices until now but spend 400 euro on rack exrensions in may madness and Im so happy cant wait to do some crazy stuff , and Im gonna write my list in its topic , maybe here too

MannequinRaces

02 Jun 2020

There was lots of discussion on FB. The sale lasted a couple weeks. Reason Studios promotes throughout the whole sale. By the end are probably hearing about it, lol. Enjoy your new REs and have fun making music!

Kalm

02 Jun 2020

I believe its mainly due to the added benefit of the VST platform across DAWs. VST is capable of doing more than the RE SDK as it stands in the eyes of people who work with other DAWs. Therefore the consistency of constantly improving upon the last EQ, Comp, Rev is exciting. Think about Slate and the Infinity EQ, FabFilter Q3, Izotope Ozone EQ, what do they all have in common? Everything practically. But that same form factor doesn't necessarily exist within Reason and is not really improved upon on as such.

What's the Altiverb in RE format? What's the AA Pink4 in RE. There's usually only one (maybe 2) developers attempting to push the boundaries when it comes to a specific "type" of plugin. This leads to everybody consuming the same RE for a purpose. Take Selig's Leveler for example. There is nothing like, nor might I say any competition to his design. When these units first came out, it was literally a riot lol. Now, everybody has practically had the ability to catch up so theres no new excitement and not much development going on besides the players.

The case of development and/or lack of is a whole other post that's been discussed lol
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

ab459

02 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
02 Jun 2020
Whats Your Opinion About this matter I'd Really want to hear your opinion on the matter . :?:
I can not exactly understand question due to my not very well English language, but it seems speech about Reason is good or not.

This is not even worth discussing. Reason\Rack plugin + native RE's is a true dream for a fan of dark ambient, self-generating structures and drones.
This is better suited for described tasks than any otrher DAW's toolkit, and easier and productive than MAX\MSP.
It's just perfect implementation.

Any possible troubles are just small nuances, which always will be (upgrade prices, loyalty to users, hopes to improve what is already there, minor bugs), but it does not destroy the magnificence of CV\Gate idea.

bidaar

03 Jun 2020

ab459 wrote:
02 Jun 2020
bidaar wrote:
02 Jun 2020
Whats Your Opinion About this matter I'd Really want to hear your opinion on the matter . :?:
I can not exactly understand question due to my not very well English language, but it seems speech about Reason is good or not.

This is not even worth discussing. Reason\Rack plugin + native RE's is a true dream for a fan of dark ambient, self-generating structures and drones.
This is better suited for described tasks than any otrher DAW's toolkit, and easier and productive than MAX\MSP.

Any possible troubles are just small nuances, which always will be (upgrade prices, loyalty to users, hopes to improve what is already there, minor bugs), but it does not destroy the magnificence of CV\Gate idea.
Oh no you misundrestood my question COMPLETLEY opposite 😂😂😂 .
Im saying reason is the most amazing daw and also rack extension system . Truly a dream ! My question is why it doesnt recieve atttention as it should be . Why no one talking about may madness and reason. And rack extension system . Why no one made a new youtube video about rack extension and the may madness sale and in general not much content out therenon reason compare to other daws ( I get it cause it looks complicated and kinds scare to come this way ) why no one commented on @Reasonstudios Instagram post about the sale that eventually they had to delete the post the next day !!! So yeah No one appreciates reason more than me .

selig
RE Developer

03 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
03 Jun 2020

Why no one talking about may madness and reason. And rack extension system . Why no one made a new youtube video about rack extension and the may madness sale and in general not much content out therenon reason compare to other daws ( I get it cause it looks complicated and kinds scare to come this way ) why no one commented on @Reasonstudios Instagram post about the sale that eventually they had to delete the post the next day !!! So yeah No one appreciates reason more than me .
There are many threads on May Madness here.
There is an entire Rack Extension sub forum here.
I don't know about others, but I made a youtube tutorial specifically for May Madness (for ColoringEQ).
Don't know about Instagram since post was deleted - do you know for sure why it was deleted?

"Getting no love" is a bit "click baitey" IMO, since it certain gets lots of love. Maybe not "enough" love for you (we all want "more!)?
But I couldn't disagree more that it gets "no love"... ;(
Selig Audio, LLC

ab459

03 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
03 Jun 2020
ab459 wrote:
02 Jun 2020

Oh no you misundrestood my question COMPLETLEY opposite 😂😂😂 .
Im saying reason is the most amazing daw and also rack extension system . Truly a dream ! My question is why it doesnt recieve atttention as it should be . Why no one talking about may madness and reason. And rack extension system . Why no one made a new youtube video about rack extension and the may madness sale and in general not much content out therenon reason compare to other daws ( I get it cause it looks complicated and kinds scare to come this way ) why no one commented on @Reasonstudios Instagram post about the sale that eventually they had to delete the post the next day !!! So yeah No one appreciates reason more than me .
Oh then ok :redface:
Well, about question, hmm, it seemed to m that it have enough attention in different places and a bunch of users make video examples.

bidaar

03 Jun 2020

selig wrote:
03 Jun 2020

There are many threads on May Madness here.
There is an entire Rack Extension sub forum here.
I don't know about others, but I made a youtube tutorial specifically for May Madness (for ColoringEQ).
Don't know about Instagram since post was deleted - do you know for sure why it was deleted?

"Getting no love" is a bit "click baitey" IMO, since it certain gets lots of love. Maybe not "enough" love for you (we all want "more!)?
But I couldn't disagree more that it gets "no love"... ;(
If you check my text again I said I love this forum . I meant other than here and few places. and Im sorry I didnt try to make a click bait it was what I thinking and that Idea came from I really realy love reason . thats why I was thinking Reason is the best thing ever it needs way more love but as you said we always need more love :lol: :D and I dont know why they deleted the post But if it was anything else They woulda repost that again . I think it was because when you post a post about " sale " generaly lotta people should be on that comment section being excited. this was at the end of may . again sorry for any misundrestood its jus pure love over here also Im gonna buy some of your REs in the next sale . in this one I didnt get anything related to mixing or coloring .

Benedict
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2020

Reason is not as "cool" in the mids of the loud. Interestingly most of those seem to be also the same ppl asking the "What is The Best" Q over an over and end up making decisions based on crowdsourcing amongst people just like them - which leaves me thinking they may be loud because they are lost.

Many Reason users are a lot quieter. I have been talking and showing Reason in my teaching materials for 10+ years but it is more fashionable to talk about Fruity, Ableton or Pro Tools simply because someone famous is heard to use it.

Reson has some features (like its workflow) that make it rather different from the usual and that has the loud types thinking it makes Reson less capable, less "pro" than their "safe" choice.

It is just the way of the market, esp if you listen to the loud part of it instead of the skilled part of it ;-)

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

bidaar

04 Jun 2020

Benedict wrote:
03 Jun 2020
Reason is not as "cool" in the mids of the loud. Interestingly most of those seem to be also the same ppl asking the "What is The Best" Q over an over and end up making decisions based on crowdsourcing amongst people just like them - which leaves me thinking they may be loud because they are lost.

Many Reason users are a lot quieter. I have been talking and showing Reason in my teaching materials for 10+ years but it is more fashionable to talk about Fruity, Ableton or Pro Tools simply because someone famous is heard to use it.

Reson has some features (like its workflow) that make it rather different from the usual and that has the loud types thinking it makes Reson less capable, less "pro" than their "safe" choice.

It is just the way of the market, esp if you listen to the loud part of it instead of the skilled part of it ;-)

Nice to see most you guys getting what I Meant . Exactly ! reason is too complicated and diffucult lookin in the eyse of the " cool kids " they see the hype ...however its very easy to use and it has capabilities that most daws dont have ! thats why so many people using FL studio Which I did for years too . but when I switched to reason I noticed how simple FL Studios was compared to reason ! I just cant love Reason anymore .

Benedict
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2020

I find Reason waaaaaay easier to use than just about every DAW. Sure FS has some things that seem to work out of the box but I also find them a noose when I want to really do my thing instead of their formula. I should point out I was trained in a real tape studio back in the late 80's so Reason following standard conventions (or logical extrapolations thereof) makes sense to me whereas all the windows & menu diving thing in Reaper etc makes me mental.

Today I took a track I made yesterday in Reason and put the MIDI in Bitwig 8-Track (which is a bit off the pace I admit) and used the stock Analog & FM synths to voice it. I quite like Bitwig, but the mixing was a guessfest compared to how it feels in Reason. I particularly missed Selig's Gain RE as there are no built-in readouts or even a built-in EQ like the SSL/Spectrum. No wonder people get these elaborate Mastering devices as it feels like guesswork and not what I am used to at all. Of course that would ease if I used Bitwig every day as I do Reason.

I also discovered today that Bitwig didn't set the Tempo from the MIDI File I imported. Maybe that is a big that is now fixed.

Last edited by Benedict on 04 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

SebAudio

04 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Benedict wrote:
03 Jun 2020

Nice to see most you guys getting what I Meant . Exactly ! reason is too complicated and diffucult lookin in the eyse of the " cool kids " they see the hype ...however its very easy to use and it has capabilities that most daws dont have ! thats why so many people using FL studio Which I did for years too . but when I switched to reason I noticed how simple FL Studios was compared to reason ! I just cant love Reason anymore .
Likely the « popularity » of Reason on social networks (the number of videos, comments, etc) is related to the number of its users and how long they’ve used it or how old they are.
Don’t forget that a lot of people making YT videos hope to earn money in the process (I’ve just seen an Andrew Huang video : there’s lot of commercial links in the description and ads during the playing).
So perhaps we are not very numerous and not « social media inclined ».
So it’s kind of a « vicious circle ».

Also it seems it’s very difficult to « crack » Reason so it could be a sort of a « barrier at the entry »

Proboscis

04 Jun 2020

bidaar wrote:
02 Jun 2020
Hi Everyone , Im a new Reason User ( Bought Reason Suite 11 Last Summer ) also new Member of this Amazing Forum ! ( about 2,3 Weeks ago ) something That Really Bugging me is Not Only Reason Related Content Not getting much Love or View But most importantly Rack Extensions Not Getting Any Love by the Users ... !
Hello bidaar, and welcome to the Reason User Universe.

I've been using Reason for quite a while, and have tons of 'paid for' Rack Extensions (RE's), and probably only use 1/4 of them.

If you have bought into Reason with the 'Suite' licence, and the many RE's that offers, along with the truly incredible amount of 'stock' Reason devices, then I would suggest that you have a lot of new toys to play with. I would not suggest you even bother looking at RE's. Reason Suite is an EPIC bundle for the brand-new user.

Proboscis

04 Jun 2020

Benedict wrote:
04 Jun 2020
I find Reason waaaaaay easier to use than just about every DAW. Sure FS has some things that seem to work out of the box but I also find them a noose when I want to really do my thing instead of their formula. I should point out I was trained in a real tape studio back in the late 80's so Reason following standard conventions (or logical extrapolations thereof) makes sense to me whereas all the windows & menu diving thing in Reaper etc makes me mental.
I'm re-arranging my home environment, and in creating a 'shrine room' of sorts, a few days ago hooked up some of my old Hi-Fi gear (Japanese Components). With the Amplifier's real panel (there's no 'TAB' to switch haha) I have options for two sets of speakers. The jacks are either banana plug, or sliding a wire into a hole in the post, and tightening the sheath. The front-panel control allows me to select 'speakers A' and 'speakers B'. They each have their own on/off button, so both can be turned on at the same time if required.

Thats FOUR jacks at the back.

Further to that, there are RCA input jacks (as pairs) for CD, Tuner, AUX 1, AUX 2, Tape, Phono

Thats TWELVE jacks at the back.

Each of the components I hooked up require their own power. 220v in my country. I have connected three devices, and two of them have a Japanese plug. So I need adapters.

I guess that's why I felt something familiar with Reason. The infinite wiring opportunities. I spent a goddamn two hours last week researching output impedance for the Hi-Fi set up (it was the analogue audio line from a DVD player I was querying) .

Reason doesn't require me to do that, if I plug something into something else.

I do wonder though, how much Reason's uniqueness will resonate with younger generations than you & I, those who have had no 'hands on' experiences to draw upon.

bidaar

04 Jun 2020

Proboscis wrote:
04 Jun 2020
bidaar wrote:
02 Jun 2020
Hi Everyone , Im a new Reason User ( Bought Reason Suite 11 Last Summer ) also new Member of this Amazing Forum ! ( about 2,3 Weeks ago ) something That Really Bugging me is Not Only Reason Related Content Not getting much Love or View But most importantly Rack Extensions Not Getting Any Love by the Users ... !
Hello bidaar, and welcome to the Reason User Universe.

I've been using Reason for quite a while, and have tons of 'paid for' Rack Extensions (RE's), and probably only use 1/4 of them.

If you have bought into Reason with the 'Suite' licence, and the many RE's that offers, along with the truly incredible amount of 'stock' Reason devices, then I would suggest that you have a lot of new toys to play with. I would not suggest you even bother looking at RE's. Reason Suite is an EPIC bundle for the brand-new user.
Thanks ! Appreciate it . You are completley right . and I see why you said that. I been using reason for like almost a year and I havent mastered all my sytnths or some other stuff , thats why I didnt try to buy any synth . mostly I bought more like great tools for different purposes rather than just new synths/sounds etc ...also because of the sale and knew I was gonna buy these sooner or later , And I know Im new to reason but been producing for years I quckly find out Im in love with reason and RE format and I can always take em anywhere with me with Reason Rack Plugin ( Which I dont use Just sayin if ever needed In other Daws for any purposes like mixing or anything) But I totally undrestand what you said 100% is correct . I was gonna post my list in the 2020 may madness topic that everyone put their bought list but couldn find it again be glad if you link it :D
anyways here's my list

Lectric Panda :
Nostromo ( the only synth )
Torsion
PSQ 1684
Fritz
Kompulsion
RND

Tonic Mint :
ScaleMatrix
ChordLine
Chord Monitor
Static Cling :
Chord Detector

EnlightenSpeed :
The LoopCracker 2 Suite

Love One Consulting AB :
MIDI-CV Converter
Neutron

Turn2on :
GrainShift
Drop and Lift
HarmBode
Double Comb Filter

Alien Tech Seed :
Kron

after years of producing ( HipHop, Trap , Expermiental HipHop, more experimental electronic stuff , and anything future) I know Im gonna enjoy Reason for the rest of my life with my Suite and this list complementing each other very well . Still there are lots of genius Developers out there that I have my eyes on ... any suggestion . opinion or anything would make me more than happy . much Love . <3

• Information