Help! B3 Combo Organ Update Ruined my works!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marketblandings

31 May 2020

it could be said that the Jiggery-Pokery B3 Combo Organ RE is my lead instrument. I have crafted sounds for it that took hours and hours. Now..... I accepted a free update and the sounds are blown apart in any tune I used it in. Thin and distorted and crazy loud.
Can I revert to a previous version?
Would the prev. version still be in there somewhere.
Anyone know how I contact Jiggery Pokery if needed?

Thanks. This is a disaster for me.

Loque

01 Jun 2020

You cannot go back to a previous version. Check if there is something else wrong. Maybe in a fx chain. Check product support area in the shop to contact him.
Reason12, Win10

challism

01 Jun 2020

I would email Reason customer support, too. Explain it to them and maybe they can manually roll it back for you. The previous version is still available for download for all those who don't accept the update.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Marketblandings

01 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
01 Jun 2020
You cannot go back to a previous version. Check if there is something else wrong. Maybe in a fx chain. Check product support area in the shop to contact him.
Got doubts it is anything else since all songs using B3 changed. But..... I will search. Thx

Marketblandings

01 Jun 2020

challism wrote:
01 Jun 2020
I would email Reason customer support, too. Explain it to them and maybe they can manually roll it back for you. The previous version is still available for download for all those who don't accept the update.
They responded almost instantly but said Jig-Pok needs to be notified and sent me there. Waiting for help from there.
Thx

WongoTheSane

01 Jun 2020

Have you tried redownloading the new version? The file may be corrupted somehow...

Loque

01 Jun 2020

WongoTheSane wrote:
01 Jun 2020
Have you tried redownloading the new version? The file may be corrupted somehow...
Good point. I am interested in a sound example.
Reason12, Win10

Gosh

02 Jun 2020

If I remember correctly the behaviour of the rotor speed knob was changed during the last update. It may be possible that a wrong rotor speed is responsible for the different sound of the updated B3

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

04 Jun 2020

Hi to all invested in this one. A head's up.

I do apologise, a real cock-up on the coding front, I have located an issue that would definitely cause a change in certain situations which I'm looking to rectify.
I also found a very small discrepency elsewhere, in the percussion volumes. I'm going to revert those to ensure they match the original levels, but to compensate I've added some level knobs for "Soft" and "Normal", so you can set them to any value within a fixed range, so if you do want to boost or even cut either or both percussion levels, you'll be able to do so!

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, October was a difficult time

Your humble and embarrased servant... But, hey, proof positive that one person reporting a bug does work even for six year old devices if the developer cares enough about his work to fix it! ;)

Loque

04 Jun 2020

JiggeryPokery wrote:
04 Jun 2020
... But, hey, proof positive that one person reporting a bug does work even for six year old devices if the developer cares enough about his work to fix it! ;)
Noted. One more ⭐ for Jiggery Pokery :thumbs_up:

Tbh, did not expected something else, since you are top notch in dev, RE and music stuff.
Reason12, Win10

Marketblandings

09 Jun 2020

Matt has been the most responsive and helpful person imaginable. I'm even a little ashamed of the tone of my original posting.
He has rewritten the B3T and even allowed me in to Beta test it.
In short, it's back! Or at least, coming back. A Prop-shop official update isn't there just yet.
After the new version is in place, please give his RE a re-look. It rewards experimentation like few other RE's.
My signature contains one of my songs that feature it (the pre-problem version).
And, yes, that super low, lion's growl of a sound is the B3T. I swear I actually got Leslie cabinet rattle out of it!
Thank you, Matt. You saved a growing catalog of works.
P.S. the new percussion volume knots are great and are immediately useful to me.

Rackman

09 Jun 2020

@JiggeryPokery Any plans to release your REs as VSTs? I'd love to pick up some of your instruments, but I'm done spending any more money on REs.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

10 Jun 2020

The 1.2 update should be in the shop by the end of the week, and fixes an issue where the 16" was getting some unwanted distortion applied, thus restoring the tone of the 16". Short version: there was a mix up in targets due to a particular change in the way Gorilla worked from the older IDT it was originally compiled with, but I can't really blame anyone but me for missing it. Really very sorry again.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

10 Jun 2020

Rackman wrote:
09 Jun 2020
@JiggeryPokery Any plans to release your REs as VSTs? I'd love to pick up some of your instruments, but I'm done spending any more money on REs.
There are plans, but that doesn't mean they might come to fruition!

Marketblandings

10 Jun 2020

As the guy who got to beta test the update, I say be sure to get 1.2 when it arrives.
The B3T may have been sounding wrong in the version you have. Get the update and experiment with the B3T. You will be amazed.

Marketblandings

10 Jun 2020

JiggeryPokery wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Hi to all invested in this one. A head's up.

I do apologise, a real cock-up on the coding front,
No worries. It's Organ City, Arizona, now!

• Information