Offline Rack Extensions

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ChameleonPaint

28 May 2020

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have been using Reason (off and on) along with Cubase since forever.

I was wondering if anybody had had any recent issues with adding rack extension licences to their ignition key. Last Wednesday I purchased 3 new rack extensions but hitting 'Sync All' has only served to erase ALL the licences for rack extensions on my ignition key, meaning I can't use any of the extension I have purchased. The regular Reason 10 and 11 licences are unaffected - only the extensions are not working. :o :o

I have sent a support ticket to Propellerheads but after now 7 days of waiting I have had no reply.

All extensions are downloaded and working on my internet computer but that computer is only meant for the internet (hence the purchase of an ignition key).

Has anyone had a similar issue? Just wondering in case I am missing something obvious.

Thanks for any help and for a very informative forum :D :D

WongoTheSane

28 May 2020

Instead of clicking "Sync All", click on "Manage Rack Entension Licence" to the right: it'll take you to a page where you can authorize your Ignition Key.

challism

29 May 2020

Sorry to hear customer service hasn't helped you out. Reason customer service has gotten really bad. I remember when they would answer within a day or two. Now it seems like you can go weeks or longer before getting a reply. And it seems a lot of the times they don't really help to fix the problem. I know I have been left hanging without a resolution a number of times. I'm not sure why they have let their CS dept slip so far. It's a sad state of affairs. It doesn't take a genius to realize that poor customer service will only hurt a business in the long run. (this also includes not fixing known issues in their software) Anyway....

There are three possible ways around the offline/online Authorizer issue for REs you own.
1) Once you have Reason open, don't close it. When you turn your computer off, just put it to sleep and leave Reason open.
2) Authorize your computer
3) Authorize your ignition dongle (as explained by Wongo above)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

29 May 2020

challism wrote:
29 May 2020
Sorry to hear customer service hasn't helped you out. Reason customer service has gotten really bad. I remember when they would answer within a day or two. Now it seems like you can go weeks or longer before getting a reply.
This is so true. It started when R11 dropped, which is understandable because any new version is going to cause a huge peak in support requests, but it doesn't seem to have improved again. I wonder if there has been some cost-cutting in that area. Support costs are one area that is easy to cut back without too much effect on sales, at least in the short term.

ChameleonPaint

29 May 2020

Hi,

Cheers for all the replies. :D :D

When I look at 'manage rack extensions licence' it says that the ignition key has licences for Reason 10, Reason 11 and rack extensions on it (although it does not state which rack extensions). So it would appear that the dongle is authorised.

Just checked again on my main computer (with the dongle plugged in) and it continues to come up with the notification 'rack extensions licences are not up to date on this computer. You must download updated licences.' Yet Reason 11 itself runs fine.

Very strange. And very annoying. I have 32 rack extensions - none of which I can use. Everything was working fine up until I bought the three new extensions (scenic, quad note generator and polystep sequencer). At the time I chose to 'sync all' as I noticed a couple of other extensions had updates (specifically the Complex-1 synth) and that seems to have done something to all the licences.

I suppose I could try de-authorising the dongle and then re-authorising it but I'm a bit wary about doing that in case it stops me even using the main program. Has anybody had experience doing in that in the past?

When I searched the forum I noticed a few posts from several months back about the 'sync all' not working - something about propellerhead moving to a new server - could it be the same issue?

jam-s

29 May 2020

Just click the "sync all" button here and the problem will most likely be gone after the sync finishes.

ChameleonPaint

30 May 2020

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for ideas on fixing my issue. Much appreciated. :thumbs_up:

Fortunately a couple of beers helped me to puzzle my way through the issue and I have now resolved it. Turns out that I had the updated authorizer running on my main computer (apparently installed with v11.2) and the older authorizer running on the computer connected to the internet (I had not updated Reason from v11 as I never use it on there). Silly error in the end but possibly worth noting here in case anybody else experiences a similar issue :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Information