Any ideas or requests for a new RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2020

There's a few I can think of. Mostly inspired by the Ableton effects, eg their saturator, OTT etc. Also I think the current available reason devices and RE's lack beat repeat and glitchy type effects
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2020

i just read about Erica Synths open sourcing their (now discontinued) DIY modules via GitHub and thought of this thread

https://github.com/erica-synths/diy-eurorack

As Erica Synths discontinues its legacy DIY eurorack projects, we decided to make them open-source. We created Gerber files for PCB-made front panels and did slight changes in a module design in order to get rid of custom and rare components, still some modules require rare ICs which are available on www.ericasynths.lv. Each folder contains complete information and files to build a module: schematics, Gerber files for a front panel, Gerber files for PCBs, BOMs, component placement with values and designators and assembly manuals (please, note that some manuals are designed for older module versions). By making these projects opensource, Erica Synths is ok, if the third parties use them for personal, educational or commercial purposes. Erica Synths will not provide any support for these projects, please, refer to forums (www.muffwiggler.com) for information on build nuances, troubleshooting, part availability or alternatives.

Open-source projects are:

Bassline : all in one synth voice for acid basslines and drones.
BBD delay/flanger : all analogue effects unit based on V3205 BBD IC.
Delay : tape and digital delay unit with tap tempo, tempo sync, reverse, hold and add functions.
Dual VCA : Polivoks architecture inspired dual VCA, rare Russian differential opamps are now replaced with AS3360.
Envelope : recreation of Polivoks envelope generator with loop and end of attack functions.
MIDI-CV : Polivoks functionality inspired dual MIDI-CV converter with glide function.
Mixer : simple 3 chanel audio mixer.
Modulator : Polivoks functionality inspired LFO, noise and S&H module.
Output : Output module with headphone amplifier.
Polivoks VCF : authentic recreation of the Polivoks VCF.
Swamp : our take of Wogglebug module with lots of unique extras.
VCO3 : Polivoks inspired VCO with nice extra – VCO Sync input.
- Certified Reason expert

cgijoe

13 Jul 2020

I would love a device that could analyze incoming audio and display an approximate BPM. I could see a few different uses for this.

michael.jaye

13 Jul 2020

challism wrote:
26 May 2020
I know this isn't a synth, but maybe you can kick the idea around a bit. I'd love to see a good emulation of the uni-vibe effects pedal like Jimi Hendrix used. There are some nice tries but most of them miss the mark, I think. I'm unaware of any that actually came close. I would love to see something like that in the RE format. Maybe Kuassa could do one?

Is it just me or is it odd that one of the most iconic pedals from one of the most influential and well-known guitarists (talking about Jimi's Uni-vibe) seems to be pretty much non-existent in the software marketplace. I mean compare how many Uni-Vibe software copies there are to how many Crybaby software copies there are. Or any popular pedal, really. It must be a very difficult sound to copy well.
Do you know if anyone has faithfully recreated the Boss pedals in VST format?

michael.jaye

13 Jul 2020

A strymon BigSky would be good in software too!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2020

michael.jaye wrote:
13 Jul 2020
challism wrote:
26 May 2020
I know this isn't a synth, but maybe you can kick the idea around a bit. I'd love to see a good emulation of the uni-vibe effects pedal like Jimi Hendrix used. There are some nice tries but most of them miss the mark, I think. I'm unaware of any that actually came close. I would love to see something like that in the RE format. Maybe Kuassa could do one?

Is it just me or is it odd that one of the most iconic pedals from one of the most influential and well-known guitarists (talking about Jimi's Uni-vibe) seems to be pretty much non-existent in the software marketplace. I mean compare how many Uni-Vibe software copies there are to how many Crybaby software copies there are. Or any popular pedal, really. It must be a very difficult sound to copy well.
Audiority
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

michael.jaye

13 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
13 Jul 2020
michael.jaye wrote:
13 Jul 2020

Audiority
Great, thanks!

BradfordMoeller

14 Jul 2020

Any vocoder/ guitar synth (synth "effects" applicable to audio tracks) that is minimalist in design would be an instant buy from me personally.
:reason:)))

Catblack

14 Jul 2020

I would like a good burst generator.

Or perhaps if you are feeling ambitious emulate the Hemisphere suite for Ornament and Crime.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

dioxide

14 Jul 2020

michael.jaye wrote:
13 Jul 2020
From what I recall, these Blamsoft pedals are based on Boss pedals.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... -trifecta/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2020

dioxide wrote:
14 Jul 2020
michael.jaye wrote:
13 Jul 2020
From what I recall, these Blamsoft pedals are based on Boss pedals.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... -trifecta/
I would have said that too but he said VST. The green Blamsoft is an Ibanez.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

colonel_mustard

14 Jul 2020

Murf wrote:
31 May 2020
Hi All,
After many great suggestions and a lot of research I have come to the stark realisation that the actual modelling of electrical components with DSP beyond simple components like resistors, capacitors, and inductors is way beyond the scope of a one man hobby shop like myself.
Harmonic Percolator?

The “Steve Albini” Percolator, in particular.
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/ ... ay2018.pdf

ljekio

14 Jul 2020

I would like to get a Player device for live quantization of incoming notes.

selig
RE Developer

14 Jul 2020

ljekio wrote:
14 Jul 2020
I would like to get a Player device for live quantization of incoming notes.
Problem is how to quantize notes that come late (unless you have a time machines, physics etc…).
Selig Audio, LLC

ljekio

14 Jul 2020

selig wrote:
14 Jul 2020

Problem is how to quantize notes that come late (unless you have a time machines, physics etc…).
A simple rule snapping to the next grid step.
I would have been enough just such an opportunity.

manisnotabird

15 Jul 2020

Analog octave pedal, or harmonic tremolo.

mjxl

15 Jul 2020

ljekio wrote:
14 Jul 2020
selig wrote:
14 Jul 2020

The F8 window also has this option :0

ljekio

15 Jul 2020

Live quantization means quantization with live input for live performance, not postprocessing.
Last edited by ljekio on 15 Jul 2020, edited 1 time in total.

mjxl

15 Jul 2020

ljekio wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Live quantization means quantization with live input for live performance, not postprocessing.
Is "Quantize Notes during Recording" not live then? I never used it ;S

ljekio

15 Jul 2020

mjxl wrote:
15 Jul 2020
ljekio wrote:
15 Jul 2020
Is "Quantize Notes during Recording" not live then? I never used it ;S
No, it function will record notes to sequencer with quantization, but you will listen unquantized sound.

mjxl

15 Jul 2020

ljekio wrote:
15 Jul 2020
No, it function will record notes to sequencer with quantization, but you will listen unquantized sound.
Ah right, thx for the heads up.

What about AutoLatch?

guitfnky

15 Jul 2020

ljekio wrote:
14 Jul 2020
selig wrote:
14 Jul 2020

that might not work well, depending on what you’re playing. say you’re playing a scale on quarter notes, and you’re quantizing to quarter notes—one note is a G, and you play that slightly behind the beat. it gets shifted to the next quarter note, but that quarter note—the next in the scale—is a G#. assuming you play THAT note ahead of the beat, both get quantized to the same beat, and bam, instant dissonance. OR, if you also play the G# after the beat, you’ve still thrown off the melody/progression. and that’s just single notes...how to handle sloppy or slowly strummed chords (the term escapes me right now), where some notes fall before the beat, and some after...it gets complicated quickly.

that’s not to say the idea’s without merit. perhaps allowing any notes that come in within after say a 15% tolerance or so from the beat get ignored (not quantized, and just played exactly as they came in), and anything after that point gets shifted to the next quantized value.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EdwardKiy

15 Jul 2020

a pack of orchestration song templates for various genres with instrument choices and mixing/mastering chains. I've been at the studio the other day and they had pretty much the same thing for Logic Pro, but I forgot the name :/ Never used it before.

ljekio

15 Jul 2020

guitfnky wrote:
15 Jul 2020

that’s not to say the idea’s without merit. perhaps allowing any notes that come in within after say a 15% tolerance or so from the beat get ignored (not quantized, and just played exactly as they came in), and anything after that point gets shifted to the next quantized value.
I meant mainly the quantization of the launch of various parameters, the start of sequencers or other utilitarian needs. Although, as a side effect, it could be used for musical purposes (a custom shuffle would also be useful there). It’s not so difficult to press a little earlier, as a drummer plays the kick pedal ahead of the beat, for example.

And I like your idea for ignore incoming notes when it have 1-15% deviation after grid (if it can be switch on/off)

guitfnky

15 Jul 2020

ljekio wrote:
15 Jul 2020
guitfnky wrote:
15 Jul 2020

I meant mainly the quantization of the launch of various parameters, the start of sequencers or other utilitarian needs. Although, as a side effect, it could be used for musical purposes (a custom shuffle would also be useful there). It’s not so difficult to press a little earlier, as a drummer plays the kick pedal ahead of the beat, for example.

And I like your idea for ignore incoming notes when it have 1-15% deviation after grid (if it can be switch on/off)
ah, yeah, to trigger stuff, that definitely makes sense. 👍🏼 like how lots of sample-based stuff works (I think?—not really done much with samples).
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information