I think I’m going to have to buy LoveOne Phonetic

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2020

That’s pretty much it really. I tried it ages ago and liked it but couldn’t bring myself to buy it. Every single sale that comes along I look at it for €9 but still don’t buy it. Futzbox is €15 but when I tried it ages ago I got that feeling that it was total crap. I’m sure Futzbox can do Phonetic and more but somehow Phonetic seems much better. At the end of the day it’s probably worth the €9 just so I can stop thinking about it. Anyway that’s it. Vented. Now to sleep on it. G’night.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Yonatan

23 May 2020

It seem to be a one trick phony.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2020

Yonatan wrote:
23 May 2020
It seem to be a one trick phony.
Hahahahahaha. Pretty good.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

23 May 2020

Agree, its not that versatile. A lot of free alternatives and any cool old sample can do the same job. I jo recommendation from my side. The RE missed its chance.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2020

Loque wrote:
23 May 2020
Agree, its not that versatile. A lot of free alternatives and any cool old sample can do the same job. I jo recommendation from my side. The RE missed its chance.
I thought I read a while back that you had it Loque.
Was thinking just there that I can get the hum and crackle from IZotope Vinyl and some static from 17Frames Hazemate. Could you maybe tell me names of some of the free VSTs you were thinking about?
Last edited by MrFigg on 23 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

23 May 2020

I fashioned something similar out of a couple of peaks in a BV512 vocoder in EQ mode and a bit of noise. (Also made a very convincing hanging-up-receiver click out of a bit of databending sample I had lying around, which I was proud of! I digress).

I'll have to remind myself what the ingredients of phonetic are, but it's probably pretty simple.

joeyluck

23 May 2020

LoveOne's best GUI and the only one that moves away from the spray on texture look.

I have it as well as Futzbox and both have been very useful.

Zac

23 May 2020

It is a bit of a one trick pony but it does what it does very well. I've used it quite a bit, it's great for drop outs.

Faastwalker

23 May 2020

I love it. Great for adding some noise, dirt & grit. Great GUI. Does one job, yes. But it's a very cool, creative FX device.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

Just made my second combinator ever since Reason 4. Peff’s DirectRe, Kuassa Fuzz, 17Frames Hazemate and iZotope Vinyl. Now I understand why the people want more buttons Hahahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

Well that’s it bought. Why not? :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

24 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2020
Loque wrote:
23 May 2020
Was thinking just there that I can get the hum and crackle from IZotope Vinyl and some static from 17Frames Hazemate. Could you maybe tell me names of some of the free VSTs you were thinking about?
Even while its alrady to late...Use what you got. Here is an example and a patch with Thor generating crackling noises. I showed you some areas where you can change the cracklings to your taste.
Crackling Vinyl Noise.zip
(836 Bytes) Downloaded 47 times
vinyl.jpg
vinyl.jpg (271.92 KiB) Viewed 808 times
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 May 2020

Loque wrote:
24 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2020

Even while its alrady to late...Use what you got. Here is an example and a patch with Thor generating crackling noises. I showed you some areas where you can change the cracklings to your taste.

Crackling Vinyl Noise.zip
vinyl.jpg
Thanks Loque. Excellent. I'm not at home just now but I'll add it into my combi. To be honest I'm really glad I bought Phonetic. I'm really enjoying it.
Again...thanks for the Thor :)

Edit: Just tried it Loque. Totally excellent. I'd never have thought about doing that let alone known how to do it. Many thanks. It'll get a lot of use :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ab459

24 May 2020

I trialed Phonetic today, interesting as lofi texture generator as well, despite can be replaced by many ways indeed. Pretty would be grab at sale tho, but i found that it's a bit greedy for cpu (about 6-7% at i7-8700, in StudioOne cpu meter) that not really rational for such kind of device incl considering above.

mjxl

01 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2020
Loque wrote:
23 May 2020
Uhm, probably late, how about this one?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -injector/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2020

mjxl wrote:
01 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2020

Uhm, probably late, how about this one?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -injector/
Totally forgot about that one. Thanks man. I’ll add it to the super-combi I’ve made. Bzzzzzhuuuummmm!!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information