What are you feeding Grain with?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

02 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
21 May 2020
I just bought a Squier Strat after realizing I hadn’t even touched a Strat-style guitar in probably 20 years, and thought it would be nice to fill out my tonal options a bit. definitely a different beast (and that hum... 😳).

that said, it’s been an interesting (and fun) challenge to try to find tones I like with it. I prefer the meatier humbucker sound, but wondering if this might be a better option for my band, since we’ve been unsuccessfully fighting a war on muddiness for almost as long as I hadn’t touched a Strat. we’re all fighting for dominance in the low end, and something’s got to give. 😆
I love everything about Strats except the sound. Whenever I play one, I can't believe how natural and "right" the neck feels under my hands, no other guitar even comes close. But I've owned a couple and never kept them very long, they just don't do it for me sound-wise

guitfnky

02 Jun 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
21 May 2020
I just bought a Squier Strat after realizing I hadn’t even touched a Strat-style guitar in probably 20 years, and thought it would be nice to fill out my tonal options a bit. definitely a different beast (and that hum... 😳).

that said, it’s been an interesting (and fun) challenge to try to find tones I like with it. I prefer the meatier humbucker sound, but wondering if this might be a better option for my band, since we’ve been unsuccessfully fighting a war on muddiness for almost as long as I hadn’t touched a Strat. we’re all fighting for dominance in the low end, and something’s got to give. 😆
I love everything about Strats except the sound. Whenever I play one, I can't believe how natural and "right" the neck feels under my hands, no other guitar even comes close. But I've owned a couple and never kept them very long, they just don't do it for me sound-wise
if you get a chance, maybe try one of the Strats with humbuckers—best of both worlds (maybe). they really are night and day, tone-wise, but I love trying to find sounds I like, regardless, so the single coils are working for me.

oddly enough, the neck was why I didn’t use them for a long time. I always had preferred the shorter Gibson style scale length, since it was easier to chord with. now that I’ve got a lot more experience, I was surprised how much I like the Strat neck.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information