Uberwave ΔFilter updated

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

14 May 2020

I am quite surprised, that this RE seem to got an update. Not sure, what has changed.

Thanks Uberwave :thumbs_up:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on/filter/
Reason12, Win10

Biolumin3sc3nt

14 May 2020

Yeah no idea what changed either. This is one of my most useful RE's to be honest.

Loque

14 May 2020

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
14 May 2020
Yeah no idea what changed either. This is one of my most useful RE's to be honest.
Idd. I use it quite often. Just whish it had a 6, 12 and 18db cut too.
Reason12, Win10

friday

14 May 2020

Loque wrote:
14 May 2020
+1

Biolumin3sc3nt

14 May 2020

Loque wrote:
14 May 2020
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
14 May 2020
It starts at 12db and then just keeps doubling. I agree tho, 6 and 18 would be a cool addition.

Edit: Maybe 12 is what they just added?

VIVIsect

14 May 2020

This was the first RE that I ever bought. Surprised to see that it got an update.

The GUI looks a bit different to me, or am I imagining things? And the company name changed. It was listed under laboratorialT.RU, LLC, now it's Uberwave, LLC.

Also, did they jack the price up? It's listed as $35 now. I swear it was always $9 before. It was when I bought it way back, at least.

Loque

14 May 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
14 May 2020
This was the first RE that I ever bought. Surprised to see that it got an update.

The GUI looks a bit different to me, or am I imagining things? And the company name changed. It was listed under laboratorialT.RU, LLC, now it's Uberwave, LLC.

Also, did they jack the price up? It's listed as $35 now. I swear it was always $9 before. It was when I bought it way back, at least.
So, maybe just the company name changed....
Reason12, Win10

muckmclane

14 May 2020

I took pics of all aspects of the last version (including combi menu/back side etc) and I didn't see any difference.
I do remember people talking about 'pitch changing a bit' in the early version, so I will need to look into that.

Bes
Competition Winner

14 May 2020

Audio to CV also got an update and possible price increase.
the changelog for 1.1.0 which has no attached date, reads

Filter preview to "Pass thru" output
4 invertible CV outputs for Follower and Generator
Other small fixes and optimization

but it seems to be a full size RE now
a2cv.JPG
a2cv.JPG (115.59 KiB) Viewed 4075 times
- Certified Reason expert

friday

14 May 2020

Bes wrote:
14 May 2020

but it seems to be a full size RE now
a2cv.JPG
😂

pavel

15 May 2020

Hello everyone!

Pavel from Uberwave here. I'm the main developer of all our REs back then and continue to support them now.
I'm a little surprised seeing people still using our REs and loving them! Thank you for the support!

Yes, the main reason to update REs was to change the company name. Because all REs had different names other from the one in the shop and it confused people. But I've also tweaked UI a little bit, changed some labels to be more consistent with native Reason devices. And D-Filter got a little cleaner graphics. Nothing dramatic, just a careful tidying up.

Actually I'm working on a new RE. Not related to filtering though. Hope to release it in coming months.

Biolumin3sc3nt

15 May 2020

pavel wrote:
15 May 2020
Hello everyone!

Pavel from Uberwave here. I'm the main developer of all our REs back then and continue to support them now.
I'm a little surprised seeing people still using our REs and loving them! Thank you for the support!

Yes, the main reason to update REs was to change the company name. Because all REs had different names other from the one in the shop and it confused people. But I've also tweaked UI a little bit, changed some labels to be more consistent with native Reason devices. And D-Filter got a little cleaner graphics. Nothing dramatic, just a careful tidying up.

Actually I'm working on a new RE. Not related to filtering though. Hope to release it in coming months.
Awesome -- looking forward to it Pavel!

Loque

15 May 2020

New stuff coming? 😮🤗 Looking forward to it...
Reason12, Win10

dusan.cani

16 Sep 2021

This device is fantastic !

So simple and so effective !

Although it's available long time ago I've discovered it only now. It sounds very good and I love the UI. It looks cool and inspiring, especially that band meter visualizing the frequencies. It looks even more cool if "Dual" is modulated.

Several instances of this device allows further creative things like serial filtering and post filter distortion.

Only thing I miss on this device is Master out level. When using the maximum level of "Filter drive" mode to achieve distortion (which sounds very tasty), the final output si very loud and I have to compensate the volume outside of the device.

rootwheel

20 Sep 2021

pavel wrote:
15 May 2020
Hello everyone!

Your REs are excellent Pavel. Looking forward to seeing what you're working on!

moofi

20 Sep 2021

Any potential updates on a possible release?
Asking because It had been posted 1 1/2 years ago :-)
Would love to see something new here aswell.

rootwheel wrote:
20 Sep 2021
pavel wrote:
15 May 2020
Hello everyone!

Your REs are excellent Pavel. Looking forward to seeing what you're working on!

Vajrakilaya

17 Aug 2023

pavel wrote:
15 May 2020
Hello everyone!

Pavel, I must admit that D-Filter is my favorite LP/HP filter plugin OF THEM ALL!!! And I am a filter freak with MANY!

Mattvank

19 Aug 2023

The 192 DB setting is a very nice to have :-)

dvdrtldg

19 Aug 2023

Nice to see Sunder getting some love! Very underrated RE

reasonosaer

26 Aug 2023

band dynamics by the same folks is also a very well designed plugin.

have you shared that combinator gui for Sunder anywhere by chance?

reasonosaer

26 Aug 2023

i thought, that looks like the gui for the company that makes a few creative delays i got from brainworx before plugin alliance lost me (and about 1/3 of their other customers) when they went to a subscription model that's pretty damn sleazy even by subscription model standards.

turns out its cause its the same people!

their slogan should be making great plugins for shitty corporate walled-garden marketplaces since G8. G8 is still a helluva gate btw, the only other ones i really ever use are the fabfilter one and sometimes the old softube vp dynamite.

Loque

26 Aug 2023

reasonosaer wrote:
26 Aug 2023
i thought, that looks like the gui for the company that makes a few creative delays i got from brainworx before plugin alliance lost me (and about 1/3 of their other customers) when they went to a subscription model that's pretty damn sleazy even by subscription model standards.

turns out its cause its the same people!

their slogan should be making great plugins for shitty corporate walled-garden marketplaces since G8. G8 is still a helluva gate btw, the only other ones i really ever use are the fabfilter one and sometimes the old softube vp dynamite.
Plugin Alliance is not subscription only. You can still buy licenses.

And the dev of the RE from Unfltered Audio is not in the company AFAIK, because i had hard times to contact them and talking to them about a bug in Sunder and they told me, that the RE dev is not available anymore. So, i guess they are VST only now.

Not sure, who made the DSP code and stuff. The now available VSTs are not bad, but tbh, they often do not sound right, so it is kind of hit or miss to get something out of them.
Reason12, Win10

• Information