Psychedelic Haas Sample Slice Unit

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7486
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 12 May 2020

Could be something like Torsion with a bit different approach. The green is heavy...The frog is heavy too ;-)

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... lice-unit/
..is all about slicing samples! Powered with 4 sample slots, 4 Arpeggiators, a line based Matrix and a CV Pulse Generator it is capable of generating complex patterns
and sounds. It's power lies in it's ability to alter sample start points on arpeggiator based settings.
Image

Image
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

fretshot7
Posts: 454
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 12 May 2020

frog on the back is cool!

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 425
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 12 May 2020

:thumbs_up: Separate sampler outputs . :clap:

RealReasonHead
Posts: 54
Joined: 21 Jun 2019

Post 12 May 2020

R^1, R^2, R^3, R^4
Glad we're finally getting a device that covers multiple dimensions of the real numbers.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1629
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 12 May 2020

Using a sample named and from NBC's Parks & Recreation?
Hmm.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7486
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 12 May 2020

bxbrkrz wrote:
12 May 2020
Using a sample named and from NBC's Parks & Recreation?
Hmm.
In the factory bank? Hopefully just an accident, except re-release and wanting money for it is permitted. I doubt so...
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1629
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 12 May 2020

Loque wrote:
12 May 2020
bxbrkrz wrote:
12 May 2020
Using a sample named and from NBC's Parks & Recreation?
Hmm.
In the factory bank? Hopefully just an accident, except re-release and wanting money for it is permitted. I doubt so...
Yeah it must be a coincidence.

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 425
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 12 May 2020

I don't find a factory bank for this RE ..?

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 140
Joined: 02 Apr 2020

Post 12 May 2020

Tiny knobs, awful colour choice, randomly looking layout.

Do they let anyone into the RE Shop nowadays?
Bitwig 3 // Reason 11 // Studio One 4 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604

madmacman
Posts: 558
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 12 May 2020

antic604 wrote:
12 May 2020
Do they let anyone into the RE Shop nowadays?

Marc64
Posts: 555
Joined: 24 Jan 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 12 May 2020

Why the ugly green on the sides? Looks like it's not finished.

More stuff at http://kentvalden.se

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 12 May 2020

Yep. Can’t comment on the content but the wrapper’s not pretty.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
fieldframe
Posts: 792
Joined: 19 Apr 2016

Post 12 May 2020

It looks like the UI was inspired by Malstrom, in the same way that my dancing is inspired by Justin Timberlake.
The Iron Law of Reason forums: All topics eventually turn into feature request threads; the only difference is how many posts it takes.

Looking for UI design? DM me for a portfolio.

Yonatan
Posts: 1205
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 13 May 2020

Great tool, but as said, it is not easy on the eye. Hope to see an update some day with a more user friendly look of the interface. But seem to be a fun and creative device. And the frog describes well the jumping froggy sound that you get out of it. :)

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1689
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 13 May 2020

Looks fun this one. But that green is fucking disgusting!! :sick:

Mataya
Posts: 64
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 13 May 2020

Oddly the first RE developer reelased looks awesome(at least it did when the shop was looking normally), like matrix or rpg8...so why this ugly one?

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2440
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 13 May 2020

Judging from the video it seems like a really cool RE.
As a others have said already, it's butt ugly. Defintely in the top 10 worst RE GUIs.
Maybe they wanted it to stick out to make it more memorable with that green color. If that's the case then I guess they succeeded. I'll forget its name, but I won't forget that awful green.

Looks aside. It does seem rather simple to work with though. And fun too. So maybe I'll get it at some point despite the failed GUI.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2440
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 14 May 2020

They should shorten the name of this thing. "Psychedelic Haas Sample Slice Unit" is really long and hard to remember. Maybe change it to "Psychedelic Sample Slicer" or something.

I haven't tried it yet but looking at the video I'm getting ideas for exciting projects.
Would be interesting to try out some sort of "Generative Madness" project using stuff like Psychedelic Haas Sample Slice Unit, Evolution, Beatmap, Fritz etc. Just to see what the hell would happen.

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1832
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 14 May 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 May 2020
They should shorten the name of this thing. "Psychedelic Haas Sample Slice Unit" is really long and hard to remember. Maybe change it to "Psychedelic Sample Slicer" or something.

I haven't tried it yet but looking at the video I'm getting ideas for exciting projects.
Would be interesting to try out some sort of "Generative Madness" project using stuff like Psychedelic Haas Sample Slice Unit, Evolution, Beatmap, Fritz etc. Just to see what the hell would happen.
Maybe even PSS would be an easier name.

I would be very surprised to see the GUI not changed in an upcoming update, after reading all these brutal comments. I'm sure they are getting the same reception everywhere.

The device does look interesting.... problem is... it's hard to look at.
Reason 2.5, Windows 95, 4MB RAM, 133Mhz CPU, integrated audio 14.4k dial-up modem

:rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt:
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 14 May 2020

From the video in any case I’ve been able to do similar for ages using Quadelectra BeatChop and Studio Corbach Stutter. Guessing there’s more to this device though so I really should try it.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2458
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 14 May 2020

Dang, I was really hoping this was some kind of beat slicer! Still waiting for someone to release that as it's *so* badly needed.

In any case, this is an interesting device. I might be missing something but there's no pitch controls for the samples, though? If we could re-pitch it could function as an old-school "tape style" loop player where we just tune the loop up/down until it's in time. If this got added, might pick it up!

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 14 May 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
14 May 2020
Dang, I was really hoping this was some kind of beat slicer! Still waiting for someone to release that as it's *so* badly needed.

In any case, this is an interesting device. I might be missing something but there's no pitch controls for the samples, though? If we could re-pitch it could function as an old-school "tape style" loop player where we just tune the loop up/down until it's in time. If this got added, might pick it up!
Quadelectra BeatChop slices beats man. Then let’s you play back the slices using midi.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2458
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 14 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
14 May 2020
chimp_spanner wrote:
14 May 2020
Dang, I was really hoping this was some kind of beat slicer! Still waiting for someone to release that as it's *so* badly needed.

In any case, this is an interesting device. I might be missing something but there's no pitch controls for the samples, though? If we could re-pitch it could function as an old-school "tape style" loop player where we just tune the loop up/down until it's in time. If this got added, might pick it up!
Quadelectra BeatChop slices beats man. Then let’s you play back the slices using midi.
Just tried it - pretty cool! But the more I get into Simpler (Ableton) the more I wish there was a way to do it in a couple of presses in Reason. That's still something I'd love to see. A slicing, warping/stretching sampler that can do transients or equal splits. For now my preferred method is to bounce a loop to a rex then load it into a chunk trigger Kong/Nurse Rex preset I've got saved. Still gets the job done I guess!

User avatar
Deep Schulzz
Posts: 166
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 18 May 2020

A similar device is the Mixfood Stutter 128 Sample Fun device (currently for 9 Euro available!) that has so many editing options. Maybe someone has experience with both devices?

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 4604
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 18 May 2020

Deep Schulzz wrote:
18 May 2020
A similar device is the Mixfood Stutter 128 Sample Fun device (currently for 9 Euro available!) that has so many editing options. Maybe someone has experience with both devices?
S'what I said...see above :). Stutter Fun is actually pretty fun...bit hard to use though.
丰2ॐ

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], mind2069, Trendiction [Bot] and 3 guests