Drum Sequencer RE timing question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

Is there any way to change the timing of the Drum Sequencer from 4/4 to say 6/8? Been messing with the speeds and shuffle but can't get it to do that 6/8 thing. I'm guessing no but maybe...? Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

02 May 2020

Drag the sliders back on all the channels to 12

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
02 May 2020
Excellent. Thanks. Funny thing is I already worked how to do it ages ago and then forgot. Seem to do that a lot these days. Got notes written in little pads all over the studio.
Thanks again though. Appreciated.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

02 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
02 May 2020
Jackjackdaw wrote:
02 May 2020
Excellent. Thanks. Funny thing is I already worked how to do it ages ago and then forgot. Seem to do that a lot these days. Got notes written in little pads all over the studio.
Thanks again though. Appreciated.
Hope you don't start forgetting the things you own and start buying them twice. Good thing at least the shop doesn't let you, or else you might buy those DNA romplers you often complain about 😂

challism

02 May 2020

I have found a bug when playing Drum Sequencer at 3/4 time. It doesn't keep time very well and glitches out a bit. I didn't report the bug to RS because they will acknowledge the bug but then never do anything to fix it. I've reported numerous bugs in their REs over the years, which have been confirmed by them, but have yet to be fixed. I guess they figure it's not worth fixing because they already have my money? I've been very disappointed with their lack of attention to fixing known bugs. It's pretty sad that I don't even bother reporting bugs to them anymore, because what is the point? :(
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jam-s

02 May 2020

challism wrote:
02 May 2020
I have found a bug when playing Drum Sequencer at 3/4 time. It doesn't keep time very well and glitches out a bit. I didn't report the bug to RS because they will acknowledge the bug but then never do anything to fix it. I've reported numerous bugs in their REs over the years, which have been confirmed by them, but have yet to be fixed. I guess they figure it's not worth fixing because they already have my money? I've been very disappointed with their lack of attention to fixing known bugs. It's pretty sad that I don't even bother reporting bugs to them anymore, because what is the point? :(
I think by maintaining a public "known RE bugs list" here at Reasontalk we might get some devs to actually do something about them or at least warn people who consider purchasing a RE with known bugs.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 May 2020

challism wrote:
02 May 2020
Yeah. I noticed that glitch too. Like the marker hops back a couple of steps now and then while the sequencer is playing.

A few years back I found a bug which caused octorex to glitch at certain points in time. It was a weird one. Noticed it first when I playing a short melody on ReTron. First Propellerheads said they said they couldn’t recreate it. Then they said they couldn’t hear it. Then they said they could hear it and see it but that it was so insignificant and also that it only occurred when using 3rd party REs that they weren’t going to do anything about it.
I wrote to GForce and they also confirmed the bug. Told me it was pretty esoteric and that one of their technicians had had some theory about a “10 second” time loop a while ago which I’d just discovered?!! They said thanks and they’d get back to me then ceased all contact.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information