Your top 3 REs released in the last 12 months

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

What has been the RE highlights for you in the last 12 months?
Also based on that, is the RE world still alive and well?
Share your opinion.

Loque

01 May 2020

1 Delta: Its a machine!
2. Forgotton Waveshaper 2: Ultra flexible!
3. ARCUS: God damn simple bidirection knobs with some extras and looks good :lol:
Reason12, Win10

WarStar

01 May 2020

I'm still on ver 7 still so there's allot of cool REs that I'm not able to use.. yet, I should be upgrading here shortly.

But for me:
Beizer Dynamics
Selig Coloring EQ
Synapse 160 compressor

I think these all cAme out in the last 12 months

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

WarStar wrote:
01 May 2020
I'm still on ver 7 still so there's allot of cool REs that I'm not able to use.. yet, I should be upgrading here shortly.

But for me:
Beizer Dynamics
Selig Coloring EQ
Synapse 160 compressor

Synapse 160 compressor actually came out in 2018. Still it's pretty good and it's nice to see it being mentioned. Not a lot of people talk about it, including myself.
Looking in the shop Selig Coloring EQ apparently also came out in 2018. Time flies :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

For me it's probably:

Beatmap
Evolution
Efektor RV3604 Reverb: That shimmer setting alone makes it worth having.

Considering I've had such a strong resistence to players in the past I'm really surprised to see myself putting two players on my favorite list. But they deserve it.

Honorable mention: Scenic: I don't care that some people crap on this thing. I like it. I've gotten great results with Scenic and it's simple and fun to use. Adds something different. I somehow think that if any developer other than Reason Studios had released this RE it wouldn't have received the same amount of criticism. People seem to throw shit on Reason Studios because of their business decisions and slow progress with the DAW. Fair enough, but I do believe that discontent spills over to other RS things that don't deserve it. I think if a well loved RE developer had released this exact same RE people would have responded differently to its release.

ab459

02 May 2020

No mention Sequences ? It seemed to me that was many feedbacks during release (and frankly i myself had been want to grab but did miss sale)

WarStar

02 May 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
02 May 2020
WarStar wrote:
01 May 2020

But for me:
Beizer Dynamics
Selig Coloring EQ
Synapse 160 compressor

Synapse 160 compressor actually came out in 2018. Still it's pretty good and it's nice to see it being mentioned. Not a lot of people talk about it, including myself.
Looking in the shop Selig Coloring EQ apparently also came out in 2018. Time flies :)
Thanks for clarifying tritone.. I wasn't sure.. I thought I was close lol

To reiterate though, I use the Beizer Dynamics quite a bit now.. really great on old samples pre-digital era.. really brings out alot of character. Works awesome on the low end too..

I'm stoked on Selig's EQ! Just grabbed it when it went on MM sale.. definitely worth full price I just couldn't afford it lol

Thanks Giles!!

Reasonable man

02 May 2020

Loque wrote:
01 May 2020
3. ARCUS: God damn simple bidirection knobs with some extras and looks good :lol:
Can i ask what kind of things you use Arcus for? I bought it recently but one of the methods in the video isn't in any of the patches that come with it and i'm struggling to find a use for it . Panning, level or filter sweeps are more straight forward with kron imo which also generates lfo's on its own. If there was an advantage this device had over other devices i'd defo use it but its gathering some serious dust . I wish there was another video for it.

Loque

03 May 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
02 May 2020
Loque wrote:
01 May 2020
Can i ask what kind of things you use Arcus for? I bought it recently but one of the methods in the video isn't in any of the patches that come with it and i'm struggling to find a use for it . Panning, level or filter sweeps are more straight forward with kron imo which also generates lfo's on its own. If there was an advantage this device had over other devices i'd defo use it but its gathering some serious dust . I wish there was another video for it.
I use it for generating CV signals with a knob. It's also good, if you don't want the signals to be linear, clamp them or shift them asymmetrical.

Last time i used it was to control a GQ7 HPF and LPF depending on the gain reduction of a side chained compressor. I removed some additional low end when the kick drum was playing.
Reason12, Win10

Reasonable man

03 May 2020

Loque wrote:
03 May 2020
Reasonable man wrote:
02 May 2020

I use it for generating CV signals with a knob. It's also good, if you don't want the signals to be linear, clamp them or shift them asymmetrical.

Last time i used it was to control a GQ7 HPF and LPF depending on the gain reduction of a side chained compressor. I removed some additional low end when the kick drum was playing.
Ok cool thanks.

challism

03 May 2020

I haven't really bought anything except players for the last 12 months. Nothing else has hit the shop that interested me.

My top 3 REs released in the last 12 months are:
Lectric Panda's Evolution
EnlightenSpeed's Note Humanizer
TonicMint's AB Transpose

I would put LoveOne's MIDI CV Converter in the list but it was released in/before Jan 2019 (last update was in Jan 19). I haven't stopped using this wonderful tool since I got it.

I would/should probably put Static Cling's Delta MIDI Computer at the top of the list. The reason it isn't on my list: I don't have it and haven't tried it. But I'm sure I will love it once I do own it, I've heard nothing but great things and all the videos I've seen make it look amazing. It's on my list to try (and probably buy) when it goes on sale again.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bieh

30 May 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
02 May 2020
I don't have Arcus yet, but have been trialling it, so I thought I'd chip in too. It can achieve an effect similar to the "Spread" feature of Shaper if you chain the knobs using the Knob CV out of one knob to the User Knob In of the next knob and set the curves for each knob differently. So if you have four instances of another device where you want a CV-moderated parameter to reach a certain CV level at a slightly different time on each device, you can make that happen by turning one knob on Arcus. The result is a little different from attempting the same thing with Shaper or with a Jiggery Pokery Lolth. Arcus also looks like it does a really good job of smoothing a CV signal using the little "Smooth" area in the top left corner. I compared the output with the way a few other CV devices smooth a signal and I like the Arcus result the most.

• Information